Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal bracket attachment

Reaction score
I just removed my cgo3 for the first time and mounted to steady grip. I noticed that the gimbal does not "lock" into place. It will slide off without depressing the release button. I moved it back to my new q5004k and noticed it doesn't lock into that bracket either. It easily slides forward without pressing release. Am I missing something? I have only flown it 3 times and have had perfect gentle landings.

It doesn't really lock, you have to push back far enough so the tab pops up and the gimbal can't slide forward.
Works same way on the steady grip too.

I push but the tab doesn't stop it from sliding forward on the steady grip or the Q500. Does the mating surface on the gimbal have a flat surface or an indent that the tab grabs on to. Maybe my gimbal is slightly oversize? I'd hate to have to send my camera back to Yuneec for this.

Last edited:
It's a flat surface and the gimbal camera slide back and it pops up, when I say pops up it's really just a little bit of upward movement you can't detect. I know at first I had a few problems understanding how it worked. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

It's a flat surface and the gimbal camera slide back and it pops up, when I say pops up it's really just a little bit of upward movement you can't detect. I know at first I had a few problems understanding how it worked. I'll post some photos tomorrow.
Thank you, that would be helpful.

Here are a couple photos with red arrows pointing to the area that you slide the camera over.
This is Steady Grip, same as Q500

Attachments

• Q500-a.jpg
    Q500-a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • Q500-b.jpg
    Q500-b.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
OK, I can get it to lock into steady grip. It will not lock into q500. It slides off without me pressing the release. I dont want it to vibrate loose while in flight. I think the tab on the q500 is defective. I will call Yuneec tommorow and see if they can send me a new bracket without sending them the whole quad.

Will the tab move up and down some, if it does just give the camera a good push. Kind of finesse it in like a dead blow with a hammer lightly

Will the tab move up and down some, if it does just give the camera a good push. Kind of finesse it in like a dead blow with a hammer lightly
I tryed prying the tab up slightly with my finger nail but it is too stiff. The gimbal still slides forward. The tab does not stick up at all. Using a flat screw driver to pry it up some might be the fix or I may be breaking my brand new quad.

I tryed prying the tab up slightly with my finger nail but it is too stiff. The gimbal still slides forward. The tab does not stick up at all. Using a flat screw driver to pry it up some might be the fix or I may be breaking my brand new quad.
I called Yuneec service. They asked me to try prying the tab up with a screwdriver while on the phone with them. I Pried and the tab broke right off! The plastic is very brittle. In retrospect, applying some heat before prying would have been a good idea. Anyways, they are sending me a new slider bracket. It looks like it should switch out with just 3 torx screws. Hopefully I get it quickly and it is as easy to switch out as it looks.

For it not to easily lock onto two different things makes me lean toward a possible problem with the mount on the camera versus a problem with the mount on two different items.....
Just a thought. Keep us updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis