Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been flying my H for a week or so without the camera, which incidently is really good fun.

So, I snapped the CG03+ back on and it was facing around ten degrees to the left once it connected to the ST16.
So, I set pan to zero, tilt to normal and did a gimbal calibration. Camera does not point forward.

I then turned the camera with the pan control to around zero degrees and repeated calibration and its still not right.

Anyone got any ideas??

Reactions: enigmizzle
You have to restart after gimbal calibration. It's not stated anywhere but it's what will recenter it. I think the problem is we all think calibration will finish pointing straight but it rarely does. It'd be awesome if they added that to the manual. All three calibrations on one pop up, two will automatically restart and one doesn't and causes lots of anxiety for the user. They could throw a sticker on the camera cover for goodness sake and save everyone a lot of grief.

You have to restart after gimbal calibration. It's not stated anywhere but it's what will recenter it. I think the problem is we all think calibration will finish pointing straight but it rarely does. It'd be awesome if they added that to the manual. All three calibrations on one pop up, two will automatically restart and one doesn't and causes lots of anxiety for the user. They could throw a sticker on the camera cover for goodness sake and save everyone a lot of grief.
Spot on, sorted.
Thanks Craig.

I am having the same issue. I am a new owner of the Typhoon H. I had a crash and had to replace the axis yaw motor. When reassembled, everything works well except the camera will not home (pointing forward). If home is 12 o'clock, the camera is pointing to about 8 o'clock. I have calibrated the gimble several times, and after your advice above, I powered down the H and restarted with no success.When reassembling the H, there were no orientation marks on the axis motor, so I am assuming there is a way to correct. When I purchased the parts, the website said (Calibration Software Needed). I questioned the sales person and she had no answers on the needed calibration software or procedure. I call tech support and emailed, no response.

That's a factory reset unfortunately. My guess is they have a way to reflash the gimbal accelerometer to reset 0 degrees. I'm assuming gimbal motors have Allen head recessed tightening screws and shaft has no flat spots? Did you try loosening that connection, let the gimbal initialize and then tighten the screw to hold it straight?

I will disassemble and look again, but I did not see any way to adjust. There are 4 screws that mount the gimble to the top mount. I can rotate 45 degrees and get it much closer (in theory) I will try that next

I see that... so the motor has to have a zero point that's not user accessible for proper calibration. I've had third party gimbals go south post crash where the impact scrambled the sensor and it lost true forward facing ability. Gimbals don't like stress of any kind and it's one of the reasons I don't keep them attached in storage or for set up and compass calibration. So far, despite its small size, the CGO gimbals are pretty solid but do not appear repairable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval