Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greetings from the Sunny Suncoast of Florida - Just Bought The Typhoon H

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am a long time photographer, events, commercial, and product photography and just jumped into the world of Drone photography with a screamin deal on the Yuneec Website for the Typhoon H.

Coupon Code EXTRA20

Earned me a new Typhoon H with RealSense Two Batteries, Backpack and all the other normal goodies for $1039.00 with free shipping. I could not pass that up as I had seen this same package available just a month ago for about $1600.00 (Or am I mistaken?) I think this coupon expires Sunday December 31 so if you are in the market - grab it up.

I am a total Noob but flew a friends Mavic Pro and was hooked after looking at this technology for the last several years.

This Yuneec Typhoon H just made too much sense to me (Har Har) with the 360 degree field of view and 360 degree gimbal.

question: Is there a recommended amount of flight time to have under your belt before applying for the Part 107? Or is it pretty much go for it? Thanks....

Welcome Gasparilla !
Build up your flight time while studying for your 107.
Take the test when you feel you are ready !
When you have confidence in flying, then is the time to slowly get into commercial jobs.
I would also suggest since you are new, have a spotter with you, especially on your first few jobs.
Happy Flying !

Reactions: Gasparilla Media
Hey Florida Gent's, I'm here in Ocoee another in Oviedo another Winter Haven all with H's. Give me a shout when interested in getting together.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*User Manuals: Support Downloads

Reactions: Gasparilla Media
OK. Let us know how your first flight goes. I had mine today and it was amazing!!

I'm often a bit further southeast in the Lauderdale area for work, hail from the Northeast - I've had 2 flights under my belt so far, the H is such a cool platform at a price so many can afford!

The Part 107 exam requires no flight time. The exam is heavy on airspace use and regulations. I am a private pilot and took the exam after brushing up on internet [free] available study material. Had my certificate for 6 months before I even bought a drone. Hope you enjoy your drone.

Hey Capt Mark. I am also Airplane rated and I was told that if you are current you can take a shortened exam for the 107. In fact some of my friends have done that. Do you have any info?

I'de have to google it but I think if you have a current BFR then the Part 107 is a no written exam formality

If you can get the info on that I would appreciate it. Thanks for the reply!

14CFR107.62(d)(2)
14CFR107.63(a)(2)
14CFR107.74 can be satisfied by completing an online course at www.faa.gov

Greetings,

I am a long time photographer, events, commercial, and product photography and just jumped into the world of Drone photography with a screamin deal on the Yuneec Website for the Typhoon H.

Coupon Code EXTRA20

Earned me a new Typhoon H with RealSense Two Batteries, Backpack and all the other normal goodies for $1039.00 with free shipping. I could not pass that up as I had seen this same package available just a month ago for about $1600.00 (Or am I mistaken?) I think this coupon expires Sunday December 31 so if you are in the market - grab it up.

I am a total Noob but flew a friends Mavic Pro and was hooked after looking at this technology for the last several years.

This Yuneec Typhoon H just made too much sense to me (Har Har) with the 360 degree field of view and 360 degree gimbal.

question: Is there a recommended amount of flight time to have under your belt before applying for the Part 107? Or is it pretty much go for it? Thanks....
The Part 107 requires no previous logged flight time but you can log some time while you are studying for it. This is unlike what the CAA requires of pilots applying for the PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) in the U.K. where pilots are required to provide logged proof of flight time as well as a Remote Pilot's Certificate and Operations Manual before they will grant a permission.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy