Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gyroscope initialization failed message

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I encounter this error message when I turn on the drone "Gyroscope initialization failed, please repeat the calibration process"
Also, when I try to calibrate compass it it fails straight away.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or know of a possible fix?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220610_165804.jpg
    20220610_165804.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • 20220610_165838.jpg
    20220610_165838.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
This sounds bad. Maybe H plus now starts to run in the same fault as the Typhoon H. Fortunately the H Plus has an IMU that could be replace independent from main controller unit.

Please send us the flight logs from your tests including the sensor files. Hopefully it may give more details...

br HE

Hey mate, thanks for the response. Could you please tell me where I can find those files?

Wait till ST16S is booted up. Connect ST16S to PC via USB data cable. In the file system there is a folder flight2log. Copy this folder to PC and put it in an ZIP archive. Upload here. You should delete all older files in the 4 folder Telemetry, Sensor, Remote and RemoteGPS to keep your privacy. Only the 2-3 latest ones are important. You know when you tried to calibrate and you see the time stamps of the files. This will make it easy to decide what to keep.

br HE

Thanks man! I've attached the 3 most recent files from each folder. Hope this is what you meant

Attachments

• Flight2Log.zip
    2 MB · Views: 8
It may be helpful to have some background leading up to the problem:
1.) Is this a new HPlus? (I notice the file date of the first "flight" is listed as 2014, the other two are current.)
2.) Was the HPlus performing normally before the problem appeared?
3.) If previously performing normally, what changed between the last normal flight and the first appearance of the issue? Things like crash/hard landing, firmware updates, calibrations, maintenance/modifications, long storage period, etc.?
4.) Did you keep copies of any older flight logs when the HPlus was flying normally?

2014 is the default year if the ST16S is not getting the correct time. Either by connection to WiFi or via GPS lock.

Reactions: DCH
It may be helpful to have some background leading up to the problem:
1.) Is this a new HPlus? (I notice the file date of the first "flight" is listed as 2014, the other two are current.)
2.) Was the HPlus performing normally before the problem appeared?
3.) If previously performing normally, what changed between the last normal flight and the first appearance of the issue? Things like crash/hard landing, firmware updates, calibrations, maintenance/modifications, long storage period, etc.?
4.) Did you keep copies of any older flight logs when the HPlus was flying normally?
Thanks for your reply. It is a H Plus. It was working well until I one day did a compass calibration and its had this error since. I do have the older log files. I've attached the complete logs here.

Attachments

• Flight2Log.zip
    38.2 MB · Views: 3
The message is present from Jan 2021 on (first at Sensor00034.txt). If it wasn't a problem until now...
I don't know what kinds of calibration H Plus offers. I do only know QGroundControl which offers detailled calibrations for accelerometer, gyro and level horizon. Maybe you can do all or some of it. Just to try...

I'm still on looking into the files but this takes some time.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Expanding a little on @h-elsner's observation, it sort of looks like a gyro calibration was attempted in Sensor00033.txt. It does not show as successfully completed. I'm not sure what that means to the situation, but it seems worth mentioning.
I don't think you can do a compass calibration unless the Gyro is calibrated. HPlus Gyro calibration is sort of available, but it's not easily available. It is hidden by Yuneec because it can lead to serious problems if things go wrong. With that said:
1.) Have you tried to re-calibrate the Gyro to see if it will help?
2.) Also, please clarify if the drone is currently flying normally (or not).

Reactions: DoomMeister
Expanding a little on @h-elsner's observation, it sort of looks like a gyro calibration was attempted in Sensor00033.txt. It does not show as successfully completed. I'm not sure what that means to the situation, but it seems worth mentioning.
I don't think you can do a compass calibration unless the Gyro is calibrated. HPlus Gyro calibration is sort of available, but it's not easily available. It is hidden by Yuneec because it can lead to serious problems if things go wrong. With that said:
1.) Have you tried to re-calibrate the Gyro to see if it will help?
2.) Also, please clarify if the drone is currently flying normally (or not).
Thanks @WTFDproject , there only seems to have the compass calibration option on mine. Also, the drone hasn't been able to fly since it just has the blinking lights.

@WTFDproject , thanks for the tip. I was able to calibrate the gyro and accelerometer by accessing the secret menu. This now rids the Gyroscope initialization failed message on startup. However I still cannot calibrate the compass as it fails as soon as i press start. Also the drone won't fly I get 3 double beeps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval