Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H after crash..very unstable....

Reaction score
love the drone, made a mistake of placing a dead battery in and taking off really fast....battery lost voltage, h flew off and crashed. did some soldering on the cam, body replacement, receiver replacement with longer antennas?!??? gear, blades, led cables and motor arms ect.... GUI says everything looks great, everything calibrates fine... takes off, very unstable and twitchy, and will not land properly resulting in a tip over and blade strike. love the drone, i screwed up...any ideas ???

Attachments

• 20180516_182326.jpg
    20180516_182326.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 28
million times for both..I've been in the habit doing an accelerometer cal. every flight for a long time. always been very stable. it a hardware issue...curious as to what circuit board houses the barometer and accelerometers

Sounds like you have done some extensive work on this machine. Let's start with some basic info and suggestions.
Is it stable in hover or does it drift?

On the ST16, have you checked all the switches, sticks and sliders in Hardware Monitor. Do an extended test on the sticks and make sure they are smooth and return to exactly zero every time.

When you had it apart did you make sure to keep all of the wiring bundles twisted? They are all twisted to reduce electrical interference. Did you put the foam foil back over the GPS module in the top shell? Is the Flight Controller module seated completely on the main board?

Remove the camera before doing any more test flights.
If possible have a friend take a video of the H in hover and upload it to the media page of the forum.

i have done all of the above..factory reset remote and reupdated also... just cleaned the gimbals about a month ago, calibrated and all sticks read as they should. i had added more to the endpoints on the sticks prior to get a little more out of the h to run down quads and dirtbikes and such. it flew awesome. all my testing has been with camera off, and two rigged retract motors because i replaced 1, it flew horrible and broke them again...other than that everythinfg checks good. gps seems normal. It changes elevation and toilet bowl effect bad. pre crash it would hold perfect with lots of wind. All wires are coiled, stock shield reinstalled on new top cover, Honestly never checked the seating of control board to ESC board...but im sure its ok..i will check tonight. Ill try to get a video of hover without crashing tonight also....the drift will get worse without correcting, but the altitude changes erks me. thanks guys

It changes elevation and toilet bowl effect bad
How long did you let the H sit after booting up?
Can you upload your telemetry from the last couple of flights? Just add a .txt to the end of the file name to upload.

On your next test wait until there is very little or no wind. Turn off the GPS and check the hover again. This is tricky if you have not flown without GPS previously.

Did you replace any motors? Crashes can damage them in a way that’s not detected till flight. One under performing motor will cause the Flight Control unit to over compensate and run the other motors in pulses that result in twitchy flight.

i did replace 2 motor and arm assemblies... i havent had a chance to mess with it..should have time tonight to upload some telemetry and a video. ive had a lot of drones so no gps wont be a problem if it handles the way it should...whats the best way to disable the gps??

On the ST16: To Disable GPS press the Setting/Calibration icon, then tap the GPS switch to turn GPS off or on.

Reactions: socjon23
hey sorry i didnt get right back to you guys...been crappy weather and super busy. I had the gopro going after a compass and accel. calibration to get you guys some video...and it flew perfectly fine! landed 3 times. cycled power once...even put the high rates back in the sticks and flew a full pack and put it thru the paces. not sure what changed but i ordered the rest of my parts. I did start getting alot of random compass errors...some during flight. i have about 7 batteries thru it...with 1 more compass calibration and still getting random compass errors...i am going to replace the gps,compass board also. i appreciate the help guys !! ill give you an update here in a couple days when the other parts get here. ^^^ thanks for the reminder where to shut off gps!!! camera off and gps off with full rates....its a fun fast capable machine

hey sorry i didnt get right back to you guys...been crappy weather and super busy. I had the gopro going after a compass and accel. calibration to get you guys some video...and it flew perfectly fine! landed 3 times. cycled power once...even put the high rates back in the sticks and flew a full pack and put it thru the paces. not sure what changed but i ordered the rest of my parts. I did start getting alot of random compass errors...some during flight. i have about 7 batteries thru it...with 1 more compass calibration and still getting random compass errors...i am going to replace the gps,compass board also. i appreciate the help guys !! ill give you an update here in a couple days when the other parts get here. ^^^ thanks for the reminder where to shut off gps!!! camera off and gps off with full rates....its a fun fast capable machine
Please note that compass errors are quite common at altitudes lower than 20'. If you get them frequently at higher altitudes you should be more concerned.

Please note that compass errors are quite common at altitudes lower than 20'. If you get them frequently at higher altitudes you should be more concerned.
Yes. They usually occur at or shortly after take-off, when you raise the landing gear, or when landing.

I've learned to ignore those warnings especially if the warning duration is less than a second or so. It is important, however, not to ignore a warning to calibrate the compass if it comes up on the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis