Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Mapping on the Yuneec Typhoon Plus

It converts the ariel images to 3D models and can generate a volume of a specific pile on the ground.
1537290563854.png
Here is a screen shot from Pix4D and as you can see the distance is to large on the last two images leaving a dead space.

View attachment 11435
Here is a screen shot from Pix4D and as you can see the distance is to large on the last two images leaving a dead space.

Missing point cloud, where the data could not mesh. You have to retake the materials, bro. This can be quite annoying, and by using a 3d party app, you can not doctor your mesh and graft textures.

Have you thought about just gathering your materials and create your own maps?

Reactions: ScottAsh
I found this on YUNEEC web site but I can not find it on my ST16S? can someone tell me how I can get it to my controller and where might I find a manual on how it works?

As mentioned above it is not 100% functional, though some of us have had work intermittently. To see it (at least the interface) once you are flying; tap the littel Typhoon H Icon on the lower left of your screen. This will bring up the Flight Modes Menu - CCC and others are initiated from there.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.5.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: ScottAsh
I hope that Yuneec will add the possibility of programming the mission on pc for typhoon H +. It's hard to understand why TH + does not have such a possibility, after all it is possible even in mavic ....
1 second timelapse is also needed.
For now im using ContextCapture for Reality modeling.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
thank you that was not n my original manual.

It should be on page 15 of the V1.0 Manual from Yuneec in Task Modes, although it is rather sparse in information.

I have not taken into consideration that time of day would affect the final product but now that you said something shadows could.

I usually map when the sun is high, specially if there are structures. For stock pile (I do a lot of Cement pile) The first map is crucial it needs to be precise, I slightly bump the ISO +1 and clip the shadows in Lightroom if needed. The good thing about mapping is that we only do it during excavation and pipe layout, and periodical for stock pile (volume). The rest of the missions are asset management (inspection)

Before, I forget. Download a free version of global mapper, a great tool for volumetric and stockpile. But, if you’re using DD or Pix4D it’s included.

Did any of you compare the features and prices of these programs?:
ContextCapture , Pix4d, Reality Capture Pro, Agisoft ?

I’ve have experience with DroneDeploy (similar to Pix4D) The pricing at too hefty.

I primarily use Recap Pro and I also have Agisoft Pro, but I don’t use it much.

Tailoring to your clients needs is more practical.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz