Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520 Now Available

Here are several add-ons that fit the H520/E90 system. i am not promoting them, just saying that they fit.

A 40.5MM filter. Any standard 40.5MM filter should work using the E90-provided adapter ring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014Q8HX88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

40.5MM lens cap.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G40WY4Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 pack, LinkSys antennas
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YJJAYLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It will be interesting to see the gain provided by these antennas.

Has anyone tried them?

Look at Yuneec's promo video and you will see those antennas on a 520.

There are shipping backlogs and also confusion surrounding the CGO-ET compatibility with the 520. Rumors upon rumors.
Some of these problems probably stem from China being in their "Golden Week" holidays at present.

The E50s should be in dealer stocks now. If you want an ET for your 520, do not yet have one, I suggest not ordering until that situation clarifies.

You know, you'll get to work hard, there's a lot of testing to do and then share the results with us. ;);)

I hope you can see the problem with the above. There should be no testing to do, no cameras to figure out, no telemetry secrets. This should have all been done prior to sale. As a "professional" rig it should have been ready to deploy shortly after reading the user manual. If type specific training was required there should be a program in place for it. Everything Yuneec is doing with the 520 reeks of how DJI used to, and largely still does, everything, all the way down to using a select few indirect reps to handle the details. Lots of secrets and making the first buyers become beta testers, at their own expense.

Sorry, but my opinion of Yuneec is sinking fast.

Reactions: nmelectronics
Look at Yuneec's promo video and you will see those antennas on a 520.

There are shipping backlogs and also confusion surrounding the CGO-ET compatibility with the 520. Rumors upon rumors.
Some of these problems probably stem from China being in their "Golden Week" holidays at present.

The E50s should be in dealer stocks now. If you want an ET for your 520, do not yet have one, I suggest not ordering until that situation clarifies.

Almost all vendors have the E50 available for sale since last week. I think they were sent before the holidays. These dates for anything from the Chinese are horrible. They paralyze practically the whole country.

As for the thermal camera, the current CGOET is a little short on what I have in mind. I would also like to be able to use it on the rest of my birds and that would be a research and development problem for the communication interface between the controller and the camera. I think it's feasible since the base of the flight controller is common, i use Pixhawk.

It would be an important step for Yuneec to facilitate this integration. It would greatly open up the market to their gymbal-cameras.

Video where a Yuneec person explains curious things such as the option to update via OTA using the Yuneec Updater application. He also says that an update will soon be released that will bring "tons of new things.

thanks for finding this!!! Very curious to see the Q Ground app they mention - desktop version of DataPilot

The PC version of DataPilot is the QGroundControl, that of the ST16S also but for Android. Unfortunately I'm used to using Mission Planner but that's okay.

Every day you learn something is a good day :D

Just want to clarify on some of the info from the video.
Data pilot only serves to collect footage or photos of the mission. Do we still need an additional software to convert these into desired model (2D /3D) or is this already integrated in Data pilot?

Data pilot only serves to collect footage or photos of the mission. Do we still need an additional software to convert these into desired model (2D /3D) or is this already integrated in Data pilot?

Second that one

Short 5 sec video of H520 in high winds - solar panel insp
Faz1 were you able to fly towards the top of the structure at a close proximity in the turbulent zone and still feel confident in safe flight control? Looks very encouraging thanks for sharing, it is nice to see some inspection video in action.

Faz1 were you able to fly towards the top of the structure at a close proximity in the turbulent zone and still feel confident in safe flight control? Looks very encouraging thanks for sharing, it is nice to see some inspection video in action.
Hi ArltTech, On this occasion I wasn't flying the machine. The video came from Sundance media group.

Yeah. To create orthophotos or 3D models you have to use different software. I use Pix4D but then that depends on needs, preferences or budget.

But then I don't understand the hype about saving hundreds of $$$ on mapping software.
This is a standard feature in all DJI products. Every drone can run autonomous flight to take these photos, the process really starts with getting the pricey software to stitch them up.
So how exactly does it save $$$?
Pardon me for my ignorance, but am I missing something?

But then I don't understand the hype about saving hundreds of $$$ on mapping software.
This is a standard feature in all DJI products. Every drone can run autonomous flight to take these photos, the process really starts with getting the pricey software to stitch them up.
So how exactly does it save $$$?
Pardon me for my ignorance, but am I missing something?

Yes, both are the same, with the drone you create missions to take the images. Then with a separate software is when you create the 3D models. Not everyone has specific software to create specific missions to create photogrammetry flights.

Not necessarily. There are free programs you can access to do the job, they just don't provide a lot of depth for the process.

The ability to use Pixhawk/APM to shoot photo spreads for ortho mosaics has been present for several years. SOme have been doing it since APM 2.6. It's only recently anyone other than 3DR has pushed that capability with their APM/Pixhawk based system. Yes, DJI has the same capability, with that capability occurring almost 2 years after it became available in the open sourced Ardu based FC's. If you intend to get serious about using the capability you still have to invest in expensive software or enlist a cloud processing service to make the most out of it. The big boys do the same thing. Face the fact that when performing some operations you will have to step up into a world whee hardware and software are not cheap and to be competitive there's no easy or cheap path to take.

I understand ithacapools confusion and now am unsure myself of just what DataPilot can or can't do? Can someone from Yuneec clarify what this means from the website:

datapilot-header-logo.png

Our DataPilot™ software system enables users to efficiently and consistently create orthomaps, 3D scans, crop data imagery, or cinematic movement for repeatable, recallable aerial flight paths, without requiring expensive 3rd party software.

I know, I know, at this point in time to see an unboxing doesn't make much sense but this is official, at last and comes from Yuneec Europe ;)

No, but guys, you think you do not know how to open a box, please let us know what the E90 is worth, and if it will be compatible with the H480, because many people are not convinced, and go see elsewhere if the cardboard is better done!

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
essentailhoodie