Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having A New Issue

Steve, notice the extended wires inside hollow tubes that they put on the Pro to help the video signal.
View attachment 3134
Yup. It's hard to tell if they stayed with a 1/4 wave or 1/2 wave antenna or just moved it farther from the body. At this point I'm more concerned about the antenna inside the ST16. It just seems like a poor choice of locations.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Yup. It's hard to tell if they stayed with a 1/4 wave or 1/2 wave antenna or just moved it farther from the body. At this point I'm more concerned about the antenna inside the ST16. It just seems like a poor choice of locations.

Right, I understand. I have some Ham measuring equipment that covers both H ranges. I'll try some signal measurements.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Right, I understand. I have some Ham measuring equipment that covers both H ranges. I'll try some signal measurements.
I tried my frequency counter and it doesn't pick up a signal from the H. I know there is a good explanation of why a freq counter won't pick it up. Just have to find it.

I believe its because its a proprietary to Yuneec only and you will not get it. I might be wrong but I think thats why no after market goggles have come out other then Yuneecs.

I believe its because its a proprietary to Yuneec only and you will not get it. I might be wrong but I think thats why no after market goggles have come out other then Yuneecs.
Looks like the 2.4Ghz is spread spectrum which is why it won't pick up on the counter.

Is it turning colder up there yet, FJ?

I'll try measuring signal strength, I have the Pro and a regular H to compare.
I have no FPV stuff, but I thought some posts were made of other goggles working. Not sure.

Is it getting cold up here, we are still in the mid 60's in the evening which makes it perfect for me. The mornings are a bit colder but being retired I don't have to go out and check the mail till it warms up. :)
It won't be long.......hunting season started on the 15th for partridge so the leaves are turning and dropping. Need to get the hay bails over the septic field so it don't freeze in the coming months. LOL
This is the time of year that separates the true fliers, frozen hands and I don't care :) been there done that.

Kakabeka? Hmm...Indian or Eskimo name?
I'd like to visit there in the summer, but I ain't no cold weather buff. I lucked out in the military, always in warm places.
The Heat Index hit 99 here today, I flew a total of 30 minutes, came in covered with sweat.

Thanks for the video, cool (pun intended).

Indian legend name Ray. The falls is actually taller then Niagara falls. If you come up let me know and we will slam a few brews together :)
4500 feet from my back door.
Welcome to Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park

This might make you feel a little warmer. This is right from my back yard. 4500 feet away and yes I still have LOS @ 400 feet.

Since the 9/1/16 update, and today flying after the new 9/13/16 update. I still have the issue of my telemetry data cutting outalong the left column. The GPS/Voltage, Altitude and Distance is still listed, but the information in the boxes goes "blank" after getting out about 900-1000 feet. Same place and circumstances as I have always flown here at and had not cut out issue till about 2,500-3,000 feet out. I still have camera view and control of the H, but all my information goes blank till I get about 200 feet from home, not good!
Also someone told me that the two short antenna wires that protrude from both sides of the H are(theirs) are taped to the underside of the H body, mine never where, How about anyone else? Is you two wire antennas taped to the H body, or just dangling out?
My H fly great and steady hoover and flights, but this loss of telemetry data sucks and is boggling my ming!
Any thoughts? :confused:
I have gone out past 2300 feet then the return to home kicks in ?......... Which is not a big deal to me as I usually fly in a lot closer for perspective reasons and find it easier to keep my subject in frame. As far as the antennas on my TH pro,.......they are in a black tube on each side of the body. I am not sure why you are having issues after issues with your TH perhaps you need to send it back to YUNEEC.

I have gone out past 2300 feet then the return to home kicks in ?......... Which is not a big deal to me as I usually fly in a lot closer for perspective reasons and find it easier to keep my subject in frame. As far as the antennas on my TH pro,.......they are in a black tube on each side of the body. I am not sure why you are having issues after issues with your TH perhaps you need to send it back to YUNEEC.
My friend, I do not have issue after issue! I have lost only the ability to fly beyond 900 feet ! Which I have never had before, And RTH is not a solution for a firmware, or module /antenna failure. I was seeking information as to whether this could be just a firmware glitche , or something bigger. Yes, if all else fails, I will send it into Yuneec, but do you run to a hospital ER everytime you scratch your finger?;)

Reactions: QuadBart
I wouldn't worry about the taped down, or not taped antenna. Those warning stickers are easily removed and probably the assemblers taped down the antenna to secure it while others did not. I think getting the antenna free could be a good thing.

As of the firmware upgrade posted 9/13... My H was losing GPS while it was stationary, on land, and it actually had between 10-15 satilites before it "lost" them. And I lost the coordinates on the screen (not sure about atl and speed). It prompted me a few times to do a compass recal... Which I did when i first booted that day with the new firmware...AND I rebinded the H.

First time I have had any issues with the H...Like you've posted before... My trust to fly has been lowered.

Every one here is speaking about flying 2000 to 3000 feet.

In my country it is simple, the law states that you need to keep your bird visible. If you cannot see him visualy then you are flying outside the law and can be heavy reprimanded. Even losing your licence ...

Yes in my country you need a drone pilot licence to fly your drone (not commerciale). The Max height is 45m. distance let say around 300m (if you loose him visualy you are too far).
Those licences are not free first you need to follow a 2 day course (price 956 euro), then you need to take a practical exam (price 206 euro), then a assurance for flying drones with a weight till 5kg (price 80 euro) and of course you need a drone registration (price 128 euro). With this licence you may not earn any money it is simply that you can fly. If you do not do this the only place you may fly is on a RC plane airfield.

Conerning the TPH: i never had any real big problem with my TPH advanced, except loosing video wifi connection while raising or lowering the landing gear. I have a European version (firmware). Even the latest update 2.24 did not help this.

Marnix

Reactions: Christoph
Every one here is speaking about flying 2000 to 3000 feet.

In my country it is simple, the law states that you need to keep your bird visible. If you cannot see him visualy then you are flying outside the law and can be heavy reprimanded. Even losing your licence ...

Yes in my country you need a drone pilot licence to fly your drone (not commerciale). The Max height is 45m. distance let say around 300m (if you loose him visualy you are too far).
Those licences are not free first you need to follow a 2 day course (price 956 euro), then you need to take a practical exam (price 206 euro), then a assurance for flying drones with a weight till 5kg (price 80 euro) and of course you need a drone registration (price 128 euro). With this licence you may not earn any money it is simply that you can fly. If you do not do this the only place you may fly is on a RC plane airfield.

Conerning the TPH: i never had any real big problem with my TPH advanced, except loosing video wifi connection while raising or lowering the landing gear. I have a European version (firmware). Even the latest update 2.24 did not help this.

Marnix
My friend, I have a pilots license and a FAA 333 and a waiver for farm mapping to fly BLOS, So I AM LEGAL to fly with my COA Waiver out of line of sight, the issue isn't is it legal( It Is!) it's I cannot fly far enough out to film more than the garden in your back yard !:confused: Add to this, I am not in Europe, under "your" flight laws!

My friend, I have a pilots license and a FAA 333 and a waiver for farm mapping to fly BLOS, So I AM LEGAL to fly with my COA Waiver out of line of sight, the issue isn't is it legal( It Is!) it's I cannot fly far enough out to film more than the garden in your back yard !:confused: Add to this, I am not in Europe, under "your" flight laws!

Thats why the European version is more restricted in distance then the standard version.

Marnix

To add even more! I bought the H not as a toy, but as a work tool, and it stated the distance was 1.2 mile, I used to be able to get 1/2 that , now not even a 1/4! This is not what it was advertised, nor bought for! Thus it IS NOT RIGHT! To roll over and ignore it, IS NOT RIGHT, just because some of you can not "Legally" fly out of line of sight !

Thats why the European version is more restricted in distance then the standard version.

Marnix
I understand, and respect your laws and my laws. That's not the issue, the issue is it cannot be used as advertised, and it's not getting better in distance , it is getting worse ! I have, and can use other platforms to do my work when needed, but should I have to if it is not functioning properly? That's all I want corrected!;)

To add even more! I bought the H not as a toy, but as a work tool, and it stated the distance was 1.2 mile, I used to be able to get 1/2 that , now not even a 1/4! This is not what it was advertised, nor bought for! Thus it IS NOT RIGHT! To roll over and ignore it, IS NOT RIGHT, just because some of you can not "Legally" fly out of line of sight !

its need with you problem check OLD firm in ST16 with new firm in TH to see its ST16 firm is guilty or firm in H

firm in TH is easy reversible in ST16 can be overwrite with same version( have did this yesterday) but not lower:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval