Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having A New Issue

Reaction score
Since the 9/1/16 update, and today flying after the new 9/13/16 update. I still have the issue of my telemetry data cutting outalong the left column. The GPS/Voltage, Altitude and Distance is still listed, but the information in the boxes goes "blank" after getting out about 900-1000 feet. Same place and circumstances as I have always flown here at and had not cut out issue till about 2,500-3,000 feet out. I still have camera view and control of the H, but all my information goes blank till I get about 200 feet from home, not good!
Also someone told me that the two short antenna wires that protrude from both sides of the H are(theirs) are taped to the underside of the H body, mine never where, How about anyone else? Is you two wire antennas taped to the H body, or just dangling out?
My H fly's great and steady ,hoovers and flights, but this loss of telemetry data sucks and is boggling my mind!
Any thoughts? :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Abby Harts
Since the 9/1/16 update, and today flying after the new 9/13/16 update. I still have the issue of my telemetry data cutting outalong the left column. The GPS/Voltage, Altitude and Distance is still listed, but the information in the boxes goes "blank" after getting out about 900-1000 feet. Same place and circumstances as I have always flown here at and had not cut out issue till about 2,500-3,000 feet out. I still have camera view and control of the H, but all my information goes blank till I get about 200 feet from home, not good!
Also someone told me that the two short antenna wires that protrude from both sides of the H are(theirs) are taped to the underside of the H body, mine never where, How about anyone else? Is you two wire antennas taped to the H body, or just dangling out?
My H fly great and steady hoover and flights, but this loss of telemetry data sucks and is boggling my ming!
On my H one antenna was tucked under the camera mount and I could only see it if I slide the camera forward. On the other side of the H the antenna tip is held in place by a black sticker.

My H fly great and steady hoover and flights, but this loss of telemetry data sucks and is boggling my ming!
20160917_192646.jpg20160917_192702.jpg

One of mine is taped the other hangs down by the gimbal mount and not taped

Bill W.

My telemetry cut out once before September 1st update. I was maybe 400 or so feet away. I know the telemtry antenna in the st16 is inside the controller. I think that is why the new st16 has 3 external antenna

Bill W.

Mine is not under the black warning label, don't recall it ever being? Do you think it flapping in the breeze while flying affects telemetry? why is the other side not taped down? What is the taped one for?
Just pissed my distance is cut in half and losing data is not good!:mad:

The other is not taped because it is next to the camera mount. You would have to untape to remove the camera. I dont know which antenna is which.

Bill W.

This is third party hearsay so take it for what you want but someone posted that they just got a email from Yuneec EU about all the problems he was asking about and they responded saying they are aware of all the problems and working on YET another update that should be out next week.
This is better then a weekly TV series LOL

This sucks ! And the minute I got in from flying, Yuneec just closed , so wait till Monday, to have them tell me what they don't know and send it in!, This will be strike number two and three your out! At least I have my P4 to fly while in the shop, and it never has had a issue in the same time I have owned both!;)

This sucks ! And the minute I got in from flying, Yuneec just closed , so wait till Monday, to have them tell me what they don't know and send it in!, This will be strike number two and three your out!

Excellent, and they need to pay attention, my friend.

I wonder if there is a way to extend the little antenna wires for a better reception. Maybe add something to it to make it longer.

Bill W.
The length of the antenna is matched exactly to the frequency at which it operates so attempting to extend it would make it worse. The components involved in the telemetry system are:
1. The transmitter in the H and the antenna.
2. The receiver in the ST16 and it's antenna which I believe is inside.
A weakness with any of these will result in shorter distance. I've always suspected the weakest component is the internal antenna in the ST16 which is why I plan to replace it with an external antenna.

The length of the antenna is matched exactly to the frequency at which it operates so attempting to extend it would make it worse. The components involved in the telemetry system are:
A weakness with any of these will result in shorter distance. I've always suspected the weakest component is the internal antenna in the ST16 which is why I plan to replace it with an external antenna.
Ok thanks. I have seen some info somewhere posted of replacing the internal st16 antenna with an external. The new st16 has 3 external antennas.

Bill W.

Steve, when you find a easy do it yourself fix kit for these, Let me know! I just don't like buying various parts from various sites to put it together, I am a Plug n Play kind a guy !:rolleyes:

Steve, when you find a easy do it yourself fix kit for these, Let me know! I just don't like buying various parts from various sites to put it together, I am a Plug n Play kind a guy !:rolleyes:
I have the parts sitting on the table. It was my plan to update firmware and install the antenna today. I just need to get off this goofy pc.

I have the parts sitting on the table. It was my plan to update firmware and install the antenna today. I just need to get off this goofy pc.
Can you please list the parts and where to get them....maybe do a short video.

Bill W.

When you do it, mind giving me a parts list of what/where you bought them? I'd really appreciate it! Especially if it was a all in one kit, now get off this goofy forum ! LOL !:confused:

Ok thanks. I have seen some info somewhere posted of replacing the internal st16 antenna with an external. The new st16 has 3 external antennas.

Bill W.
Yes indeed. There are a few vids on doing a replacement.
The main issues are video range and telemetry range which both benefit from upgraded antennas.

Reactions: DroneClone

Steve, notice the extended wires inside hollow tubes that they put on the Pro to help the video signal.
procamwires.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval