Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Having CG03 issues

Not sure what your point is here. Are you making some sort of reference to the control range of the H480?

Regarding the choice between using the metric or imperial measuring systems I know that in the USA the metric system remains generally un-adopted but in a good proportion of the rest of the world the metric system is used. I live in England where the metric system is widely used particularly by the younger generations but older people like myself still grasps on to the Imperial system wherever we can. For example, I think about miles per gallon rather than kilometers per liter yet when I go to fill up my car I buy the fuel in liters because that is how it is dispensed in the U.K.
So, to convert that H480 into the imperial equivalent form that an 'insulated from the rest of the world' person can understand, my statement in my previous post would become: H is for Hex and 480 is the distance between directly apposing boom ends being 480mm = 18 57⁄64 inches.

My apologies for making the rude assumption that you would easily be able to comprehend the concept of the measurement 480mm
Sorry, I thought about it later and realized you were talking about the measurement from the edge of one rotor arm to it's apposing rotor arm, I do have a millimeter ruler, I'll have to check it out later and let you know, but I suspect you are correct in the measurement, because I have two Tarrot 680's that I'm building and they are longer than the Yuneec rotor arms.

Hey guys.
So I'm an old guy in the US. Since I got into Drones I am slowly learning the metric system to fly. Hey it can't hurt to do some converting now and then.

Thanks for the info on H480. Just goes to show you. Learn something new every day.

Sorry, I thought about it later and realized you were talking about the measurement from the edge of one rotor arm to it's apposing rotor arm, I do have a millimeter ruler, I'll have to check it out later and let you know, but I suspect you are correct in the measurement, because I have two Tarrot 680's that I'm building and they are longer than the Yuneec rotor arms.
Just an update, I measured my typhoon H from the end of one arm to the end of the opposing arm, it 21 inches or 533.4 mm, So I don't know what that means as far as the naming scheme, but that's where we are.

No worries. It's fun to talk about all of this. You can still learn something new.

Just an update, I measured my typhoon H from the end of one arm to the end of the opposing arm, it 21 inches or 533.4 mm, So I don't know what that means as far as the naming scheme, but that's where we are.
This prompted me do do a bit of research since I've always had the belief that the '480' was a reference to the distance between directly apposing boom ends.

Actually, It's dimensions are:
DIMENSIONS480 x 425 x 295 mm

Copied and pasted from https://www.yuneec.com/en_GB/camera-drones/typhoon-h/specs.html

I acknowledge that your measurements differ from this official source. I can only copy and paste the official figures. Next time I have my H480 out of it's case I'll measure it if I remember.

Last edited:
Hey guys.
So I'm an old guy in the US. Since I got into Drones I am slowly learning the metric system to fly. Hey it can't hurt to do some converting now and then.
I'm 56, I just set units to imperial and flew on

Try measuring maximum distance between centerlines of the motors/propellers. You should get about 19" (480 mm).

The industry standard for establishing drone dimensions is concerned with the “wheelbase”, not total boom (arm) length. Wheelbase translates to the distance from the center of one motor output shaft to the center of an opposing motor output shaft. It has been this way from the dawn of multirotors, works perfectly, with no reason to change it now.

Best practice would be for newcomers to the hobby/aircraft to become cognizant of and use common industry recognized terminology instead of trying to make up new terminology as they go. All the experienced people have a much better chance of understanding what newbies are talking about when they start asking for help that way.

Learning aviation terminology is also very helpful, especially when a newbie starts having issues or questions with “turning” the aircraft. Is the newbie referencing yaw or roll? If not using correct terminology it can be hard to tell.

Welcome to a new world[emoji6][emoji1690]

Reactions: AH-1G
The industry standard for establishing drone dimensions is concerned with the “wheelbase”, not total boom (arm) length. Wheelbase translates to the distance from the center of one motor output shaft to the center of an opposing motor output shaft. It has been this way from the dawn of multirotors, works perfectly, with no reason to change it now.

Best practice would be for newcomers to the hobby/aircraft to become cognizant of and use common industry recognized terminology instead of trying to make up new terminology as they go. All the experienced people have a much better chance of understanding what newbies are talking about when they start asking for help that way.

Learning aviation terminology is also very helpful, especially when a newbie starts having issues or questions with “turning” the aircraft. Is the newbie referencing yaw or roll? If not using correct terminology it can be hard to tell.

Welcome to a new world[emoji6][emoji1690]
Of course you are correct. The wheelbase measurement is distance between directly apposing motor centres and not between the boom ends...the difference can easily translate to a couple of inches. A bit of laziness in constructing my statements and so my bad. My sincere thanks to you for the clarification.

I've been asked several times how big is my drone? I respond and say about yea big, (showing of width with my hands).?
Who the h_ll cares the exact measurements,;) as long as it squeezes between buildings when flying!!!!? A yard stick is suffice to measure the H

Last edited:
I've been asked several times how big is my drone? I respond and say about yea big, (showing of width with my hands).?
Who the h_ll cares the exact measurements,;) as long as it squeezes between buildings when flying!!!!? A yard stick is suffice to measure the H
I can see the same sort of question forming in women's minds as they gaze down in wonderment at the front of my trousers...I wish:(

I can see the same sort of question forming in women's minds as they gaze down in wonderment at the front of my trousers...I wish:(
I always thought size doesn't matter, it's what you with your drone that counts!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval