Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP I experienced a fly away with my typhoon H

Reaction score
I turned on my typhoon H and controller and let them Initiate, start up. I had 18 Satellites,I started the motor's and lifted off. I let the drone hover for a minute, I throttled up and the quad took off horizontally at 100 miles per hour and crashed. I had no connection but happened so fast!!! Any thoughts?thanks Rick

Download this https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-pdf.20007/ document and refer to retrieving the log files for the Typhoon H and upload the resulting zip file here.

This will allow us to see the telemetry from that flight. Is this your first flight with the Typhoon H, or have you been flying for some time?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes I have been flying it for 2 years now.
Could I have screwed up calibration?
I also flew it about 25 miles from where I usual fly?
Thanks for the download link I will check it out.
I'm also looking for landing gear legs..thanks

Unless you calibrate before every flight, I doubt that to be the cause. When you upload the FlightLog files we can analyze and likely find what was happening.

same thing happened to me about a year ago. I wonder how far my H would have went if it had not crashed into my travel trailer? MY mistake,in a hurry Magnetic interference.

Reactions: DoomMeister
same thing happened to me about a year ago. I wonder how far my H would have went if it had not crashed into my travel trailer? MY mistake,in a hurry Magnetic interference.
If it was localized magnetic interference, it would not have flown far. A true flyaway with any Yuneec aircraft using current firmware is extremely rare. There are cases of erratic flight. Those are generally stick problems, a Flight Controller that was overheated, or launching too soon after bootup.

Seeing as magnetic interference was mentioned, which l kind of get the basics ? This also puzzles me, reason being when l fly from my front yard there are power lines like 10, 15' in front of me no issues, well once at a hieght of just under 100', and 75' out i got the warning with no problems at all ? Then when l fly from my back deck sometimes l get the warning, sometimes not the only metal is my fire pit stand, but doesnt effect anything ? I need to learn more about this...

Seeing as magnetic interference was mentioned, which l kind of get the basics ? This also puzzles me, reason being when l fly from my front yard there are power lines like 10, 15' in front of me no issues, well once at a hieght of just under 100', and 75' out i got the warning with no problems at all ? Then when l fly from my back deck sometimes l get the warning, sometimes not the only metal is my fire pit stand, but doesnt effect anything ? I need to learn more about this...
Neither of those locations are ideal. The GPS signals can be reflected off of buildings which could cause an erroneous GPS fix. Compass warnings are rather common on the ground but you should not get any warning over 30' in altitude.

Reactions: 7cyclops
If it was localized magnetic interference, it would not have flown far. A true flyaway with any Yuneec aircraft using current firmware is extremely rare. There are cases of erratic flight. Those are generally stick problems, a Flight Controller that was overheated, or launching too soon after bootup.
Steve. Thanks for interest. I have read every post on this forum since I joined and can usually figure out what I did wrong,by reading what all you guys have experienced.I believe in this situation I did take off too soon,and it is hard to fly on my property,too many trees,though I did have 15 satellites on drone and 12 on st16,if I remember correctly,was a cloudy day ,etc. etc.,.I don't fly near the house anymore,because of tall tv antennae,new att wifi ,deer fence trailer etc. I am clearing a 2-3 acres to get better flying for my tests,or I can get a few miles down the road to open areas. I surely know if I have problems with drones in future you folks will be there to help. Thanks. Keith

As has already been mentioned, look at stick problems as your first port of call when an H that just takes off sideways. The sticks are very prone to, err sticking! Usually a quick blast with some proprietary electrical cleaner and vigorously moving the sticks around will cure the problem. Sometimes though, you may have to dismantle the stick assembly to clean it properly.

It has happened to me and like you I had next to no time to react. In my case, my H embedded itself into a huge area of very sharp brambles about 20 feet from where I took off. Full stick in the opposite direction slowed it down but didn't stop a close encounter with the brambles. An hour later, with many cuts and abrasions to my hands (and a lot of swearing) the H was back in its carry bag, minus 3 props. I check the sticks before every flight now.... Lesson learned!

Same subject I hope. As long as we are talking interference. I try not to fly anywhere near powerlines,even 50feet to the side. In my quest to sometimes trying to fly at home,I went out to the gravel road,and had several successful flights. That is "until" I was trying to get the yard in a video,200 feet up and all was fine until I crossed the line. My H went wacky when the line was between me and st16 and the drone. Another time on same road a mile south down by thebridge I took off,line beside me and guard rails on each side of me. When I got to line Height,about 30 feet I received a warning and it came down and landed gently,all by itself. So I donot fly around the lines anymore. Believe me I wasn't that close. EHEM!! Also I must add,there is a video out by captain drone,,like and he has a flyaway,and does not really say what happened. He was by a paved road and "crossed" the power line,,between his drone and the st16.I believe the frequency gets messed up when that happens.I noticed Jonnyb57 said in post #9 that he had power lines 10 maybe 15 feet away. No I would not fly thereAny advice here or additional info. Keith

The high voltage power lines set up a magnetic field that extend out a considerable distance. It is conceivable it could affect communication between from the controller.

• Wow
Reactions: 7cyclops
Same subject I hope. As long as we are talking interference. I try not to fly anywhere near powerlines,even 50feet to the side. In my quest to sometimes trying to fly at home,I went out to the gravel road,and had several successful flights. That is "until" I was trying to get the yard in a video,200 feet up and all was fine until I crossed the line. My H went wacky when the line was between me and st16 and the drone. Another time on same road a mile south down by thebridge I took off,line beside me and guard rails on each side of me. When I got to line Height,about 30 feet I received a warning and it came down and landed gently,all by itself. So I donot fly around the lines anymore. Believe me I wasn't that close. EHEM!! Also I must add,there is a video out by captain drone,,like and he has a flyaway,and does not really say what happened. He was by a paved road and "crossed" the power line,,between his drone and the st16.I believe the frequency gets messed up when that happens.I noticed Jonnyb57 said in post #9 that he had power lines 10 maybe 15 feet away. No I would not fly thereAny advice here or additional info. Keith
What was odd in my problem was why no warnings in the front yard where the power lines are (these arent hi-power lines) but get the warning only once in awhile in the back yard, which there is no problem in flight communication between the controller, and drone ?

What was odd in my problem was why no warnings in the front yard where the power lines are (these arent hi-power lines) but get the warning only once in awhile in the back yard, which there is no problem in flight communication between the controller, and drone ?
Sometimes{as mentionedpreviously} we should wait a while before takeoff. Alsomaintain a distance between drone and st16. Last but not least, warnings may go away if youtake it up over 30 feet,also previous in this thread.Just be careful see what happens.If all else fails, give these guys access to your flight logs,telemetry,whatever and they will tell you what happened. [Shame on me I have not learned how to do this yet.] Keith

The high voltage power lines set up a magnetic field that extend out a considerable distance. It is conceivable it could affect communication between from the controller.
Extremly TRUE !!!
The magnetic field of high voltage power lines returns at normal values after 100/120 meters.
This is an exemple and you see that still at 90 meters you have interferences:

EMfield.jpg
The values are taken one meter above the ground.
Ciao
Max

Last edited:
Extremly TRUE !!!
The magnetic field of high voltage power lines returns at normal values after 100/120 meters.
This is an exemple and you see that still at 90 meters you have interferences:

View attachment 20146
The values are taken one meter above the ground.
Ciao
Max
Yes true. I am glad to see this,pure proof of what several have mentioned in this post and others as well. I also have a main line beyond my property like the 500KV line shown. I think they call it a 375 line,and it runs from the Pentwater hydro plant to up north. No more flying anywhere near my place I guess.Some say they even affect your sleep. 'YAWN'

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop