Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help! J1 not responding fully

About the problem of humidity that affects the gimbals/potentiometers of the sticks into the st16 and other yuneec transmitters, I suggest to use small bags of silica gel into your backpacks or containers where you keep your equipment.
I have some of them inside the transmitter too.
You can easily find that product on eBay, it's cheap and helps a lot.

Hi guys. Just wanted to send an update. The ST16 is now up and running again now with a renovated, Gimble stick assembly kit. All data seems perfect. Can’t wait to get out flying again. Charged for an hour technician job and about 40USD for the kit.
Thanks again to all of you for all relevant help.
Hey again guys;
So the day came for the first test flight after the fix with the sticks. It has been so very cold here in Sweden so just not possible to try until today with finally some + degrees and clear sky no wind.

All pre check seemed fine, all tests looked good and the renovated stick worked good.
However i experienced some issues that I would like to ask you guys about,

1/ The TH drifted a bit / not stabile in position. I also noticed that when I accelerated up wards the TH slowly "rotated" , only when I moved the left stick up wards, stopped when I leveled out. ??
What is this about ?

2/ The TH acted a bit strange. When I pulled up the right stick for "forward" ( in Angle mode all time ) slowly ok, but with some more speed it sort of jumped to the left " unpleasant"

SO all in all sticks seem fine, but not a very controlled feeling. Something just not right.

Is it just a compass calibration thing.? I did a calibration but maybe I was to close to some buildings.

3/ I have a separate question about the standard settings for J1 ( The values )
Where can I find that. The technician said ( and showed) how to change values for J1 to change possible speed? I think i reset to standard values but uncertain. SO can u tell? ( Like the S1, S2 etc and the % )

Hope you can direct me

Thanks
Gurrago

Hey again guys;
So the day came for the first test flight after the fix with the sticks. It has been so very cold here in Sweden so just not possible to try until today with finally some + degrees and clear sky no wind.

All pre check seemed fine, all tests looked good and the renovated stick worked good.
However i experienced some issues that I would like to ask you guys about,

1/ The TH drifted a bit / not stabile in position. I also noticed that when I accelerated up wards the TH slowly "rotated" , only when I moved the left stick up wards, stopped when I leveled out. ??
What is this about ?

2/ The TH acted a bit strange. When I pulled up the right stick for "forward" ( in Angle mode all time ) slowly ok, but with some more speed it sort of jumped to the left " unpleasant"

SO all in all sticks seem fine, but not a very controlled feeling. Something just not right.

Is it just a compass calibration thing.? I did a calibration but maybe I was to close to some buildings.

3/ I have a separate question about the standard settings for J1 ( The values )
Where can I find that. The technician said ( and showed) how to change values for J1 to change possible speed? I think i reset to standard values but uncertain. SO can u tell? ( Like the S1, S2 etc and the % )

Hope you can direct me

Thanks
Gurrago
One more thing, It also rotated during descend .... so both going up and down...

Part of what you saw could indicate the need to do a standard calibration of the sticks.

But what truly concerns me is "The technician said ( and showed) how to change values for J1". I worry that he got you into the "Channel Settings" menu. That is a very bad place to go if you are not fully aware of the enormous detail, interactions and sensitivity of the available adjustments in that menu. Do you know if the technician made adjustments there?

Note that mistakes made in "Channel settings" do NOT show up on "Hardware Monitor". They do show up on the final display monitor, but only if you know the correct values to look for.

Note that mistakes made in "Channel settings" do NOT show up on "Hardware Monitor". They do show up on the final display monitor, but only if you know the correct values to look for.
Thanks for quick response.
First the rotations and calibrations.
When I do a check, both under system settings and by double clicking VOLTS the values look perfect according to your specs found here.
Do yo still believe a standard calibration of the sticks is something I should do?

Regarding the Channel settings. First. I have not messed with / tried anything else than the J1 values. I think the technician set all back but not sure. I attach 2 pictures where you can see the values as saved.
He just pushed the D/R SW: INH and the Speed: +/ - ex 10, 20ms etc. (to show, right or wrong.. probably wrong? )
So I hope there is a standard setting of the values shown on the picture? Can you advise?
Note: NO other messing around what so ever with the channel settings have been done.

Attachments

• C408BEAD-1AB7-4EC5-B474-D0C1828A68A7.jpeg
    C408BEAD-1AB7-4EC5-B474-D0C1828A68A7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 94CF323F-64A2-4918-9252-7895936034FF.jpeg
    94CF323F-64A2-4918-9252-7895936034FF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
There is always a possibility that something got changed in Channels Settings unintentionally. It has happened several times, and the member was completely unaware they had changed anything.

There are two ways to quickly restore the settings:
1.) Delete the existing model, and create a new model from scratch. Do not copy any of the existing models shown on screen, not even the standard models. Start with the "New Model" button in the upper left of the screen. There have been comments that this does not clear all errors.
2.) Do a "factory reset" and start all over.

I also sent you a PM.

The controls involved in your issue are all "self centering". They seldom are affected by a bad calibration performance.
Please understand the issues you described are almost always caused by inadvertent mixing of channels in "Channel Settings". The drift you mentioned could possibly be a calibration issue, but only if the rate of drift is constant and in the same direction every time. And even if so, the same drift can also be created by an inadvertent change in the Channel settings.

With all that said, the control calibration will not hurt anything if done properly. And may help.

@Steve Carr, (or anyone else),
Assuming ALL channel settings and Channel calibrations are correct, how likely is it that these symptoms could be problems with compass/accelerometer calibration, GPS processing, or even a flight control board issue?

Possibly Accelerometer calibration. This almost sounds like the H+ drift that Steve and Craig were experiencing as far as the right stick goes , but the turning on ascent and descent is either channel mixing or thumb mixing (he doesn’t realize he’s adding yaw when adding or subtracting throttle).

From my experiences creating a “new”model will get rid of any odd settings in the Channel Settings menu. At this point I agree that he should create a new model, do the ST16 calibration (emphasize the centering of all potentiometers before exiting the first test), and try another test flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
Ask for the log files, guys...

All the rest is near to the mistic generated from a glass ball.

Reactions: h-elsner
Thanks guys.
im such a rookie at all this. Slowly learning stuff
Is it simple to delete all and “ad a new” or is it complicated?? Guess all is relative.. but consider I’m not a tech guy

regarding flight logs I have to understand how to find them :). Will learn eventually...
Thanks for all your help.

Is it simple to delete all and “ad a new” or is it complicated?? Guess all is relative.. but consider I’m not a tech guy
You will find creating a new Model is something you can do in a few seconds with NO instructions after you do it a few times. But this is your first time. These instructions have a lot more detail than you will need later, but may be beneficial the first time or two.

Attachments

• TH New Model.pdf
    1,003.8 KB · Views: 7
You will find creating a new Model is something you can do in a few seconds with NO instructions after you do it a few times. But this is your first time. These instructions have a lot more detail than you will need later, but may be beneficial the first time or two.
Thank you so much ! Looks like even me will manage this. Really thank you!!
A question
Shall I delete all TH versions. Even the copy I made earlier. (Like start from “blank” ?)

next question
Would it give you anything if I took time to retrieve the FlightStats ?or should I just do this instead?

don’t know what I would have done

Thank you so much ! Looks like even me will manage this. Really thank you!!
A question
Shall I delete all TH versions. Even the copy I made earlier. (Like start from “blank” ?)

next question
Would it give you anything if I took time to retrieve the FlightStats ?or should I just do this instead?

don’t know what I would have done
Yes. The two on the left are probably generic, but if they have ever been bound and modified, they are also suspect. I would start from "blank".

Again yes. These may be very revealing, and of benefit to understand what is happening.

Yes. The two on the left are probably generic, but if they have ever been bound and modified, they are also suspect. I would start from "blank".

Again yes. These may be very revealing, and of benefit to understand what is happening.
Ok thanks. I will send a note when done :)
Now it’s soon mid night up in the cold north
Take care and thanks to you and all other amazing guys for great support.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop