Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Horrible Pilot joins your ranks

Reaction score
Probably like most here, I'm infatuated with drones, but I generally suck something awful at actually piloting them. To date, I either have, or have had, a Q500 4K, a couple of Typhoon H units, one with "Real Sense", some DJI stuff, and now an H920 Plus, which is what has prompted my post here. I've crashed and lost a few drones, include a 10-day-old DJI Mavic Pro Platinum that plunged into a ravine in the Blue Mountains in Australia back in July (got some great video of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House, though!).

Anyway, along with my introduction, I have the CGO4 on my new H920+ and would like to know the maximum SD card capacity I can use. I popped a 256GB Samsung EVO card in there, which has some footage from my new Mavic PP, and it wouldn't let me record video.

Also, the FPV range seems pretty abysmal on the H920+ / ST16 combination and either freezes or blocks-up at 200 meters out. There are plenty of trees around, so there is significant obstruction, but my Typhoon H's are better, and my DJI stuff is WAAAAAYYYY better, especially with the DJI FPV Goggles.

Any way to appreciably increase control and FPV range?

Are there any FPV goggles available for the Yuneec stuff like the DJI Goggles, or is there any possible way to get the DJIs to work with the Yuneec birds? (Which I seriously doubt, but figured I'd ask).

Lastly, what settings are optimal for camera and control settings for someone who is accident-prone?

Thanks for everyone's help!

TH

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Yuneec quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!
0ROJYyg.png

Reactions: TheHorta
I would suggest reposting this in the 920 forum for maximum number of eyeballs, belonging to 920 owners... I can answer your question regarding the card size... I have seen posts of cards up to 128GB... 256 may simply be too large. More crucial, is the write speed of the card.

As far as your other queries, I do not own a 920 to be able to comment...

I would suggest reposting this in the 920 forum
I moved the thread.
range seems pretty abysmal on the H920+ / ST16 combination
Add the 4 Hawks antenna. That will increase your range considerably.
4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender for Yuneec Typhoon H, H920L, H920Plus
FPV goggles available for the Yuneec stuff like the DJI Goggles
Any goggles with an HDMI input should work. Your DJI goggles should work also with a HDMI cable.
You may find some useful information by scrolling through the H920 Help and Discussion pages.

Hahaha first off, welcome. And yeaaaa, boi!! Crash, rebuild and get more drones, and I see you’re having a blast in the process [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback. The 920+ is a bit of a bear. The battery arrangement is a bit... tedious. It's definitely NOT a Ferrari, but "if looks could kill..." I'm really hoping to use this for some projects I've had in the back of my mind for a while now. I'll take my new Mavic 2 Pro when we travel, 'cuz DANG! This thing ain't portable!

It seems everything about the 920+ takes some forethought and planning. Kinda the opposite of who I am by nature.

PS. I ordered the 4 Hawk from CD in the link above. I presume they're a site supporter, so happy to do business with them. Thanks!

The 920+ is a bit of a bear. The battery arrangement is a bit... tedious.
I believe the 920 was the first commercial platform released by Yuneec. The original announcement was in Sept, 2015. The Q500 was released in Dec, 2014. Even though both are older technology they remain viable and have outlived all of the drones from that era.

Dump the Samsung card, Yuneec cameras don’t like them. SanDisk and many orhers do fine. 128gig max.

I haven’t flown beyond 2,000’ with my 920 Plus. Stock antennas. I’ve experienced one video freeze at ~1800’. Changing the position of the 920 brought it back. Always orient the stick and mushroom antennas 90* to the aircraft.

Review the thread discussing 920 battery alternatives. The stock batteries are crap and you will soon need to obtain batteries.

The 920 is not a racer. It’s more like a thoroughbred intended to run a longer race. Be smooth on the sticks. It adores a pilot that coordinates yaw and roll in a turn, and rewards them with a camera that’s butter smooth at any speed in yaw, provided you use a card with a fast enough write speed.

Learn how to make full use of the camera controls. It’s complex and requires understanding to obtain all it can give.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430