Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How can I ADD Waypoint to my Typhoon H Pro.

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my Typhoon H Pro I was flying a Parrot Bebop 2 with Waypoint, it was great to program the flight prior to launching it. With CCC I have to fly the route first and add each point, I understand it can curve but for areas where there is a tree or a place not easy to see I'd rather use Waypoint with its GPS maps. Is it possible to install Waypoint?

No... there are no third party apps that are compatible with the H, with the singular exception of UAV Toolbox:

UAV Toolbox

I hope when Yuneec has another update for the Typhoon H they include adding Waypoint back. Thank you Eagle's Eye Video for answering my question so quickly. :)

Johnnypdxnow and E E V,
There is a hack you can do with binding your H to the controler as a new 920 to be able to get waypoints. It has been so long since I did that you would have to look in the threads for waypoints or words to that effect, but it is in here and it works quite well ,with no problems reported. Uav tool box is also great and cheap,with plenty of extras.
Johnno Hennessy.
keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: AeriaL
I have done the "920 waypoints hack" on My 480 and flown it a few times using waypoints. I had a gimbal issue on one WP flight, where the gimbal was pointing in the wrong direction, but wasn't sure that it might have been OE. I have also used UAVToolbox UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 and think its a great tool, but wonder why it doesn't include a mapping/grid feature like "H Flight Planner" Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H. I sent Tuna a question about this a week ago, but have no answer yet. Clearly it's possible to do......Tuna?....Tuna?....

Last edited:
Reactions: AeriaL
Johnnypdxnow and E E V,
There is a hack you can do with binding your H to the controler as a new 920 to be able to get waypoints. It has been so long since I did that you would have to look in the threads....

This can be done if the firmware is up to date. However, doing this changes the aircraft stability tuning parameters to those employed by the 920, and aircraft almost twice the size and three times the weight of an H. The 920 also employs completely different voltage warnings that do not work at all for an H. The full charge voltage of an H battery is well below the lowest 920 battery voltage warning. Should anything go wrong understand it will be completely on you and Yuneec will not perform a warranty repair for an H using the 920 firmware.

If you do the "920 hack" the correct way, there are no issues with battery voltage numbers or low cut-off notices. It works exactly like the normal H. Also, I have not seen any differences in the flight characteristics when flying as a 480WP. Maybe if you simply select the 920 model in the menu without modifying it, there may be issues. There are posts on this forum instructing how to modify the 920 model profile and call it a different name (mine is called Typhoon H WP) Of course I do not reccommend doing this mod if your aircraft is under warranty, as Yuneec certainly wouldn't cover any crashes.

Last edited:
I have done the "920 waypoints hack" on My 480 and flown it a few times using waypoints. I had a gimbal issue on one WP flight, where the gimbal was pointing in the wrong direction, but wasn't sure that it might have been OE. I have also used UAVToolbox UAV Toolbox - Yuneec ST-16 and think its a great tool, but wonder why it doesn't include a mapping/grid feature like "H Flight Planner" Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H. I sent Tuna a question about this a week ago, but have no answer yet. Clearly it's possible to do......Tuna?....Tuna?....
Thank you, first time I heard about Flight Planner H, so I will look into it. I just tried UAV Toolbox about a week ago and need more flying with it. Again thanks responding.

Johnnypdxnow and E E V,
There is a hack you can do with binding your H to the controler as a new 920 to be able to get waypoints. It has been so long since I did that you would have to look in the threads for waypoints or words to that effect, but it is in here and it works quite well ,with no problems reported. Uav tool box is also great and cheap,with plenty of extras.
Johnno Hennessy.
keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Thank you for giving me another direction to look into it. Merry Christmas

Agian I don't advise anyone to do this mod if your H is still under warranty. If you decide to do the 920+ waypoints mod, its important that you don't just click on the 920+ model in the list as there may be some data and flight issues. Follow these instructions below:

Yuneec Typhoon 920 Waypoints Mod
  • On ST16, tap “select model”, tap-hold “Typhoon H” – “export” box should come up – export to SD card. Use 16gb card (ST16 will not recognize a 32gb card)
  • Remove SD card from ST16 and insert into PC
  • From your PC, unzip the FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip file
  • In the folder, in the manifest file, I renamed the model to “Typhoon H WP”
  • Replace the exported file with the new unzipped file, (FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43) in the “Exported models” folder – remove SD card from PC
  • Insert the micro SD card back into ST16
  • turn on ST16, tap model select, tap new model, tap import model named “Typhoon H WP”
  • Tap task/camera WP should show up as new function
  • Bind ST16 with H
  • Test fly…..
Another thing to note is that because the 920+ camera is the CGO4, the gimbal and camera instructions in the waypoint task do not work with the CGO3 on the Typhoon H Hex, so any instructions you select in the waypoint plan will just be ignored, at least that's my experience. However, because it is a CCC flight, once you begin the mission, you should be able to use the RH stick to control the camera (pan & tilt) if you put the Pan Mode (switch 2) to the "global" setting (all the way down). I have not tried this because of poor weather, but is on my list of things to do.

One more thing, download the 920 Plus manual to get the instructions on the waypoints task.

Reactions: cbphoto2006
Agian I don't advise anyone to do this mod if your H is still under warranty. If you decide to do the 920+ waypoints mod, its important that you don't just click on the 920+ model in the list as there may be some data and flight issues. Follow these instructions below:

Yuneec Typhoon 920 Waypoints Mod
  • On ST16, tap “select model”, tap-hold “Typhoon H” – “export” box should come up – export to SD card. Use 16gb card (ST16 will not recognize a 32gb card)
  • Remove SD card from ST16 and insert into PC
  • From your PC, unzip the FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43.zip file
  • In the folder, in the manifest file, I renamed the model to “Typhoon H WP”
  • Replace the exported file with the new unzipped file, (FPV-Typhoon H-2017-03-16 19.49.43) in the “Exported models” folder – remove SD card from PC
  • Insert the micro SD card back into ST16
  • turn on ST16, tap model select, tap new model, tap import model named “Typhoon H WP”
  • Tap task/camera WP should show up as new function
  • Bind ST16 with H
  • Test fly…..
Another thing to note is that because the 920+ camera is the CGO4, the gimbal and camera instructions in the waypoint task do not work with the CGO3 on the Typhoon H Hex, so any instructions you select in the waypoint plan will just be ignored, at least that's my experience. However, because it is a CCC flight, once you begin the mission, you should be able to use the RH stick to control the camera (pan & tilt) if you put the Pan Mode (switch 2) to the "global" setting (all the way down). I have not tried this because of poor weather, but is on my list of things to do.

One more thing, download the 920 Plus manual to get the instructions on the waypoints task.
This is to all of you out who been following and those have sent thoughts on how to solve my question.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR [emoji16][emoji5][emoji41]

Reactions: cbphoto2006
Fly this 'hack' standard, but no automated photo functions in the waypoint mode.

Otherwise the H works perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio