Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How far would an H go at full speed 70/km/h

Reaction score
Hey all you math guys and brains out there. I am looking for a best guess of how far an H would go if it was at full speed (70km/h in fallow me mode) for as long as the bat would keep going.
I know it would not be as simple as 25.min at 70km/h = 29km. No way the bat would ever last that long.
I am looking for worst case scenarios of a fly away and how far it "could" go.

Hey all you math guys and brains out there. I am looking for a best guess of how far an H would go if it was at full speed (70km/h in fallow me mode) for as long as the bat would keep going.
I know it would not be as simple as 25.min at 70km/h = 29km. No way the bat would ever last that long.
Multiply by (depending) wind factor. No math done on it, but you would be lucky to get 3-4 miles, don't use 25 minutes, as it is lucky to get 17 minutes.

Why?

Not very far where I live due to hills and I generally don't fly any higher than 100' to 150' ft altitude, I suspect pilots that fly higher and flatter terrain would go a fair considerable distance before the battery gave out due to variables like wind etc they easy go 20km but with the wind behind it this figure could possibly easy reach your calculated 29km or even further.

Some of my theory is based on how far I once went in 1 1/2 minutes at 200ft altitude and distance confirmed with google earth.

Last edited:
I am applying for permits in Canada to fly over and near "build up areas". I need to know if on a fly away from the point i am at if their as any possibility that it could make it to any airports in the area. Worst case scenario.

I would suggest flying lower which would alleviate that problem to some extent unless that part of Canada is flat terrain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval