Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How high can you go?

We had to get special permissions to fly over 300' here in canada in order to do inspections on the wind turbines. Its a real pain filing for the SFOCs and being capped at 300' doesnt help. To answer the original question though hypothetically my typhoon may or may not have been to 396-399 with the altimeter bouncing before it cut out

The height readout comes from an on-board Barometer - not the GPS. The Barometer on the H is, at best, a height approximation, as it is dependent on things like temp, air/wind, and I also believe, light. The light shouldn't be as much of an issue as the Barometer is inside the H body.

Indeed.
Since there is no means of zero-ing the altimeter the barometer will have to 'calibrate' itself due to barometric circumstances and take-off altitudes if you want it to read real altitude.
But the H seems not to consult GPS for altitudes to be able to calculate barometric circumstances at the altitude it is taking off, hence it will only read the approximate height above (or under) the controller.

As for the original question: I flew the H to the ceiling before the new firmware (max alt blocked @ 122 mtrs). One day it went up to 124 mtrs, the other day 119 mtrs.

Last edited:
I'm on the verge of buying a Typhoon H Pro, but somewhat nervous about the max altitude issue. The main reason I need it is to take time-lapse overhead shots of a 40-acre development. Not knowing the camera, I really can't say how high I'd have to get, but I can guess it would be more more than 400 feet....any ideas what my options are?

Without addressing the legal aspects of performing a commercial flight above 400' AGL I can assure you H will fly much, much higher than that.

The H arrives at your door with geo fencing set to default altitude limits that comply with the 400' commercial limit in the U.S. The owner can easily change those limits to pretty much whatever they want by linking the H to the GUI and inputting new height and/or distance values.

GUI.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a panoramic from the center of the project?

I'm on the verge of buying a Typhoon H Pro, but somewhat nervous about the max altitude issue. The main reason I need it is to take time-lapse overhead shots of a 40-acre development. Not knowing the camera, I really can't say how high I'd have to get, but I can guess it would be more more than 400 feet....any ideas what my options are?
Here is a time line construction I'm doing, this pic from July altitude 47 meters. You do not have fly 400 feet take pics from different angles North South East West and so on.YUN00002.jpgto present 87 feetLooking SE.jpg

Also rather than snapping pictures use leave video mode and pan, I use VLC media player to snap pictures from the video, it will be in png. I then use Photoshop to transfer into jpg.
Oh sometimes VLC doesn't like the large file so I also use HandBrake to file down to 1920 x 1080

I would look at the Curved Cable Cam feature to get repeatable positioning -- you can name and save the CCC and re-fly it later.

I would look at the Curved Cable Cam feature to get repeatable positioning -- you can name and save the CCC and re-fly it later.
True but this would require being over 3000' vertically and 87' horizontally, I'm not willing to take chances loosing H. and it's to close to a major hwy. I use Longitude & Lattitude manually to re-position myself. Also I would loose sight at the longest point.

OK, I guess I was not clear with my question. About half gave answers I wanted, many started off on laws and regulations.

First, I should have said in the USA. Typhoon H's sold here have a ceiling of 400' in the firmware. All I wanted was to check the accuracy of the Altimeter (barometer). In other words, if you live here, buy a Typhoon H and do not alter it or change the firmware limit, how high does it say it goes?

I know even if it says 400' it may not be. I flew 2 batteries just now in the twilight, and this screen shot was about the same for both. Using Brer Rabbit it shot to 410' but immediately dropped lower. Just having fun, wasting time.

View attachment 3833
If you are at 400ft will 1st low voltage warning 14,3V give you enough time land?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33