Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Compass Calibration - UPDATE COMING SOON

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
5 degrees in change... LOL... What da heck is that?
5 degrees in declination/variation. Easy standard to follow. But people can calibrate as often as they feel comfortable. I have not calibrated mine in 2 months. Flown in southern and northern California at locations over 700 miles apart, but which have only a small difference in declination. No issues.

RPR

Reaction score
5 degrees in declination/variation. Easy standard to follow. But people can calibrate as often as they feel comfortable. I have not calibrated mine in 2 months. Flown in southern and northern California at locations over 700 miles apart, but which have only a small difference in declination. No issues.
Judgment call, but it’s good to exercise good habits, specially with our machines and not wait to until “I should of” or “should have done” neglecting important procedure(s) that is now part of everyone’s checklist, specially with us operators that earns a living flying our drones, where 1% is human error.

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You are truly a gifted pilot if only 1% of the potential problems are human error.

RPR

Reaction score
Without compromise, a healthy drone pays the bills.

Reaction score
Finally was able to find the hidden calibrations for the +.
I followed your instructions to a T and got the hidden calibrations. No problem until it then asked me for a password. No idea what that may be. I went back to my manual and did not find any reference to a password.
Suggestion of how can I find out what the secret is to finding a password??

Phaedrus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
You can no longer access that portion of the calibration menus. The factory is the only place that menu can be opened. All we can do is the compass. So far that has not been an issue for most of us.

Reaction score
hello
on my typhoon h plus, when I want to do the accelerometer calibration I must place a code. but which
thanks

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
hello
on my typhoon h plus, when I want to do the accelerometer calibration I must place a code. but which
thanks
The company has decided that consumers no longer have access to gyro and accelerometer calibrations... no codes are available. Your only maintenance option as an end user, is the compass calibration.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigshow