Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How To: Compass Calibration - UPDATE COMING SOON

5 degrees in change... LOL... What da heck is that?

5 degrees in declination/variation. Easy standard to follow. But people can calibrate as often as they feel comfortable. I have not calibrated mine in 2 months. Flown in southern and northern California at locations over 700 miles apart, but which have only a small difference in declination. No issues.

5 degrees in declination/variation. Easy standard to follow. But people can calibrate as often as they feel comfortable. I have not calibrated mine in 2 months. Flown in southern and northern California at locations over 700 miles apart, but which have only a small difference in declination. No issues.

Judgment call, but it’s good to exercise good habits, specially with our machines and not wait to until “I should of” or “should have done” neglecting important procedure(s) that is now part of everyone’s checklist, specially with us operators that earns a living flying our drones, where 1% is human error.

Without compromise, a healthy drone pays the bills.

Finally was able to find the hidden calibrations for the +.
I followed your instructions to a T and got the hidden calibrations. No problem until it then asked me for a password. No idea what that may be. I went back to my manual and did not find any reference to a password.
Suggestion of how can I find out what the secret is to finding a password??

You can no longer access that portion of the calibration menus. The factory is the only place that menu can be opened. All we can do is the compass. So far that has not been an issue for most of us.

hello
on my typhoon h plus, when I want to do the accelerometer calibration I must place a code. but which
thanks

hello
on my typhoon h plus, when I want to do the accelerometer calibration I must place a code. but which
thanks

The company has decided that consumers no longer have access to gyro and accelerometer calibrations... no codes are available. Your only maintenance option as an end user, is the compass calibration.

FWIW, I have only done one compass calibration since installing 822/829. I regularly travel between far northern California (Humboldt County) and Southern California (Orange County). They are 700 miles apart. Not had any problems.
before my ship was kidnapped and held hostage I traveled from Denver to Pacific City Oregon and on advice from several pilots I did a very simple test with power setting low perform a low level hover look for drifting I went on to fly several missions over the ocean flew perfectly. Maybe better safe than sorry for sure it’s up too you but on return to Colorado it also flew fine.

I haven't been able to use my H+ for three months because the camera when you boot up moves around on its own and makes a buzzing noise . I've been told to redo the firmware and other people tell me to do a gimbal calibration , trying to communicate with Yuneec is impossible. has anyone else had this problem or know what to do .contacted Terrestrial imaging they were not sure about the problem and said they would get a hold of someone at Yuneec but we're unable to get a hold of them. Any suggestions would be helpful thanks Jimmie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval