Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to hand catch your Typhoon - learn the skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been hand catching my Typhoon H for almost 2 years now and never had an issue with safety. I do it slightly different than Captain Drone’s video.

I always get the drone in a stable hover first, with props above my head level, and then I approach it to grab the landing gear. I prefer that method rather than lowering it down and catching it while it’s moving. If the drone twitches or you inadvertently hit a control input, it could catch your hand or head. The Typhoon H is very stable and this works well even in high wind and gust conditions.

Actually, the point is the mass, and the power. To dismiss the fact that the H is physically not capable of removing a person's head by the propellers hitting said head, but then compare hand catching the H with a guy that had carbon fiber blades on a super high-performance helicopter is an apples-to-oranges situation. so, that * * * * simply and literally CAN'T happen.
Good deal on your personal choice of "drone".
For me, I chose my Typhoon H sUAS to fly from my boat, since it's fully capable of being safely hand caught.
Says the guy who bitched about a flight over someone's head.. guess you were wrong in that statement. As now you say it is safe to fly it above someone s head? Just saying sounds like you pick and choose the things that suite your agenda.

Seriously? It looks like you're now just trying to pick a fight because you realize your argument holds no merit, and that you also don't have a clue between debating pros and cons, and "bitching". Are you only 12 years old? Because I physically cannot fathom how a mature, logically thinking person could come up with such an apples-to-oranges comparison with a straight face and think they are being accurate.
Do you seriously... and I mean seriously not understand the difference between YOU putting someone else's life or safety in danger, and you personally taking responsibility for your own actions which would only affect YOU?
I'd bet a case of beer that I could tell you exactly what your political alignment and views are. And if you somehow win, at least you would be able to consume those beers legally in a decade or so.

Seriously? It looks like you're now just trying to pick a fight because you realize your argument holds no merit, and that you also don't have a clue between debating pros and cons, and "bitching". Are you only 12 years old? Because I physically cannot fathom how a mature, logically thinking person could come up with such an apples-to-oranges comparison with a straight face and think they are being accurate.
Do you seriously... and I mean seriously not understand the difference between YOU putting someone else's life or safety in danger, and you personally taking responsibility for your own actions which would only affect YOU?
I'd bet a case of beer that I could tell you exactly what your political alignment and views are. And if you somehow win, at least you would be able to consume those beers legally in a decade or so.

Unfortunately. I hate to say it's the other way around. By your statement saying the H doesn't have enough mass to give you more than a scratch but yet also state it could make someone a vegetable. Humm I bet I can guess your political stance to.
It's not my fault your to narrow minded to see the real point here but I'll try to spell it out for you.
1.Mass not relevant. - No matter how big or small things can go wrong.
2. Done it 1000 times..not relevant, no matter how many times something is done doesn't mean it will not happen any other way.
3.im a pro...doesn't make you Immune to accidents or failure.
4. Been doing it for years.. doesn't mean it will not happen.
5.i log my flights. ..doesn't mean something won't go wrong.

Now if you also recall I said there may be times it would be required. And so far your only point" I fly from my boat" Yep I agree that is when I would and do.
No as Gordon Ramsey say Pass off.

Also I never attacked you or threw insults at you but I see you stoop to that level when you get called out.

Last edited:
Guys - let's try to keep this civil.
In my opinion, no matter what is said for, or against the topic, is going to change people's opinions. The key point is that publicly advocating for something like hand catching is not wise. If you do hand catch, then good for you, but putting it out there on forums or social media is just begging for things to go bad.
We, as a group, should be doing everything we can to advocate for the safest way to operate our craft, and if this practice was deemed as 'safe' then I am sure it would have been part of the training with organisations such as CASA or the FAA.

Anyone that hand catches assumes full responsibility for the risks that are present. Can it be done? Sure. Can it be done safely? Yes. Is there any assurance that every hand recovery will be done perfectly and safely every time? No. I do it from time to time and have no problems, but I know that anything can go wrong at any time for any reason and always prepare for the worst, always assuming I could lose control of the H in the process of hand catching. If something happens, it's my fault and no fault of anyone else. Meaning you don't sue the manufacturer or dealer for you error in judgement.

Unfortunately. I hate to say it's the other way around. By your statement saying the H doesn't have enough mass to give you more than a scratch but yet also state it could make someone a vegetable. Humm I bet I can guess your political stance to.
It's not my fault your to narrow minded to see the real point here but I'll try to spell it out for you.
1.Mass not relevant. - No matter how big or small things can go wrong.
2. Done it 1000 times..not relevant, no matter how many times something is done doesn't mean it will not happen any other way.
3.im a pro...doesn't make you Immune to accidents or failure.
4. Been doing it for years.. doesn't mean it will not happen.
5.i log my flights. ..doesn't mean something won't go wrong.

Now if you also recall I said there may be times it would be required. And so far your only point" I fly from my boat" Yep I agree that is when I would and do.
No as Gordon Ramsey say Pass off.

Also I never attacked you or threw insults at you but I see you stoop to that level when you get called out.

Called out? Is that what you call me calling you out on your claim that you flying your whirlygig 100 feet over other people's heads is the same thing as you flying your whirlygig 2 inches over your own head, reaching up with a firm hand, and grabbing hold of it? Is that what you call me calling you out on your claim that the force exerted by the spinning propeller is the same as the force exerted by the entire aircraft falling from 100 feet?

I'm the one that resorted to attack and throwing insults? What do you call this from post #62?
Says the guy who bitched about a flight over someone's head..
Only bitches *****. Looks like you clearly called me a ***** to me.

Never attacked? So that's what you call pulling a totally irrelevant discussion from a separate thread into something just to attack what I wrote. Gotcha. I bet you have the keyboard warrior champion of 2015 on your shelf, don't you? Narcissists are all alike. YOU, sir (or madam?) are a full fledged one. I've dealt with your type thankfully only once or twice, and have been trained to recognize them.

Who the heck is Gordon Ramsey, and why do you blame your own ignorance on him?

Bless your heart.

Attachments

• 2cf354b27171b475d64f2215258274a7.jpg
    2cf354b27171b475d64f2215258274a7.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 9
  • baitingbashing.png
    baitingbashing.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
And for the sake of getting to the bottom of this, I propose a test. I will videotape myself and the injuries I receive from flying the propellers of the H into my hand, as long as you videotape yourself flying your H to 100 feet, kill the throttle, and plant your cranium directly in the path of it falling.

I don't care how anyone gets their craft landed, just don't charge me for it.

Time to shut this thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanigodda