Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How to transfer image files from ST16S controller to computer

Reaction score
I didn't have any luck trying to transfer images that are on the internal HD of my ST16S controller to my iMac. I tried everything including using a USB cable from the controller to my iMac. I finally figured out how to do it wirelessly and it works really well. There is an file transfer app that is available on the Apple App Store. You can use the free version, but I bought the advanced version for $4.99 that allows full HD files to be imported to my iMac. You need the app on both your IOS device and OS including being logged into an internet connection. I hope this might help some other H Plus users to get their image and video files off their controllers and am sure PC users can do the same thing.

Reactions: AJan
I didn't have any luck trying to transfer images that are on the internal HD of my ST16S controller to my iMac. I tried everything including using a USB cable from the controller to my iMac. I finally figured out how to do it wirelessly and it works really well. There is an file transfer app that is available on the Apple App Store. You can use the free version, but I bought the advanced version for $4.99 that allows full HD files to be imported to my iMac. You need the app on both your IOS device and OS including being logged into an internet connection. I hope this might help some other H Plus users to get their image and video files off their controllers and am sure PC users can do the same thing.

hi Tom,

Happy one month anniversary as a forum member!

Thanks for the info as I'm sure it might help others who need additional options.

Just curious: Is there a significant reason why you needed to retrieve image and video files from your ST16s, or just a curiosity?

Jeff

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
hi Tom,

Happy one month anniversary as a forum member!

Thanks for the info as I'm sure it might help others who need additional options.

Just curious: Is there a significant reason why you needed to retrieve image and video files from your ST16s, or just a curiosity?

Jeff
I wanted copies of screenshots I had on controller. They are not on camera sd card. Thanks Jeff for asking

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
No, I actually tried that to no avail and was told by Yuneec tech support that the only thing the micro SD card is for in the controller is to update the firmware. I honestly think that is a dead issue as now you do it over the internet. They mentioned doing it with the USB connection but that doesn't work either. You could email copies to yourself from the Android tablet but I like the wireless transfer option that I described much better. By the way this is the ST16S for the H Plus.

You can indeed transfer screenshots from the controller to the SD card slot all from within the ST16. I'm not in a position currently to type it out but will later this evening. It is a simple process though

I don’t get it, put an SD card in the camera, take SD card out put in computer and Voila l, all your pics should be there...however i normally just email them to myself if I’m in a hurry, better than paying for an app... Goodluck though sir!

Sorry, I didn't have a chance yesterday evening to write this up but here it is. This is for the ST16S ground station for the H Plus but I'm sure this works for the H and H pro since they run Android on the controller. Please insert a micro SD Card into the slot or a Flash drive into the USB port of the controller prior to transferring photos.

Step 1 - Exit the FlightMode App by pressing the back button on the controller to bring up the android home screen.

CSTyD.png

Select confirm at the prompt

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-19-43.png

Step 2 - Press the APP icon and navigate to the File Manager

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-03-42.png

Step 3 - Select the Pictures icon

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-03-56.png

Step 4 - Select a photo by holding down on a picture and waiting for the menu selection to change. Select each photo you would like to transfer to flash drive or SD Card. Click the copy icon at the top right of the screen.

20181107_080508.jpg

Step 5 - Select the directory/drive you would like to paste to. This can be selected by clicking the drive icon and choosing internal/sd card/USB Drive. Click the paste button and bam! Screenshots/Images are copied to your external drive/SD Card.

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-05-25.png

As a precaution, if you're going to eject or remove your external drive while the controller is on. Make sure to unmount the drive before unplugging. You can do this by the below process. You can also just power down the unit and wait till it is off to remove the USB Flash Drive or SD Card.

Unmount SD Card or USB Drive

Step 1 - Navigate to the settings icon in Apps and select storage.

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-07-55.png

Step 2 - Scroll down towards the bottom and select either your USB Drive or SD Card Unmount option. Wait for notification at top of left menu bar to display status that drive is safe for removal.

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-08-03.png

Wait for safe for removal notification!

Screenshot_2018-11-07-08-08-26.png

I hope this helps!

Attachments

• CSTyD.png
    CSTyD.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: MarkC
If we allow a step was left out of Floridajames’ simple method was accidentally omitted; to record all imagery with an SD card in the camera, the process is correct. If anyone is making videos and stills without installing an SD card in the camera first they don’t understand how to use their system at all.

Read that and fully understand, but not having the ability to copy a file from the ST-16s to an SD card is the part I found unfathomable as I know that can be done. Android does have its share of idiosyncrasies but it does permit copying files to another storage medium. It’s the Mac part where I don’t have a clue.

Read that and fully understand, but not having the ability to copy a file from the ST-16s to an SD card is the part I found unfathomable as I know that can be done. Android does have its share of idiosyncrasies but it does permit copying files to another storage medium. It’s the Mac part where I don’t have a clue.

Agreed Pat

I found part of the problem and appreciate your time and complete description of the process to move the screenshots to the controller internal sd card. I did a format to FAT32 on the card and then when I mounted it and saw it come up as a storage device on the Android tablet. I did move some screenshots files over to the card. Thanks and I still like the app transfer options too.

I don’t get it, put an SD card in the camera, take SD card out put in computer and Voila l, all your pics should be there...however i normally just email them to myself if I’m in a hurry, better than paying for an app... Goodluck though sir!
Each his own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone