Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hplan - Typhoon H CCC route planning web app

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My friend and I have been hard at work at a Waypoint planner web app for the Typhoon H. I just found out that in the meantime another app like this popped up. Oh well, you can decide which one you like best.
http:// https://hplan.yuneec.si/
Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H

Please use the "?" icon to start a tour of the interface.
The app can be used via a web browser on computers and on mobile(touch) devices as well as directly on the ST16 (you have to upgrade the browser to Chrome to be able to download the files to the ST16 directly).
You can create Waypoint missions and edit existing ones. You can share the created files or you can save them online and load them from other devices.

Screenshot 2016-08-25 09.21.04.png
Automated waypoint flying is nothing new in the world of drones. But waypoints with the Typhoon H are a game changer because they are "curved". This means no more robotic camera movements and hard yawing. The results of our tests are great, the produced video feels like 3d animation in a real-world setting.

The app is working well but we are still adding and optimising every day. Please take some time to test it and provide some feedback and suggestions. Also please ask any questions here.

Last edited:
I like how the first waypoint shows elevation, I wish the other waypoints did as well. I'm often trying to fly with diverse elevations in the fight plan.
It's not as intuitive as the other APP but I will study it further and do some tests with it in the next couple days. Thanks

You can see elevation of any waypoint or Point of interest on the map by selecting it with the select(hand icon) tool.
Additionally there is an elevation chart in a tab that compares terrain elevation antd waypoint heights(and the whole curved flight path in between)
There are also warnings in case the waypoint height is lower than the terrain height.
Keep in mind this is elevation data from Google and it is averaged and not 100% accurate at the small distances that we require. It is only terrain without buildings, trees and other objects. You should only use it as guidance.

One more interesting feature I would like to mention is the possibility to open log files from the ST16 to be visualised on the map and also in a special chart with details from the flight.
This way it is possible to compare planned and actual flight paths as well as plan flights based on paths recorded on previous flights.

Be sure to check out the "Map" / "Chart" options at the top of the map to switch between map and chart views of your routes and/or flights.

You have to be able to name the file, Lists of 16 number numerical lists is hopeless
Thanks for the tip ;)
We are working on it, but there were other more pressing issues to solve first. The option will become available soon.

I like the simple look of it. And the fact you can use it directly on the ST-16. BUT, how to change the browser to Chrome. I'm from apple, and new to the android thing. It would be nice if there was a step by step guide to install Chrome.

Cheers !

You can see elevation of any waypoint or Point of interest on the map by selecting it with the select(hand icon) tool.
Additionally there is an elevation chart in a tab that compares terrain elevation antd waypoint heights(and the whole curved flight path in between)
There are also warnings in case the waypoint height is lower than the terrain height.
Keep in mind this is elevation data from Google and it is averaged and not 100% accurate at the small distances that we require. It is only terrain without buildings, trees and other objects. You should only use it as guidance.
Thanks, I guess I was doing something incorrectly because I did that prior to your telling me it was possible and I didn't see elevation I will try again now that you've told me. Thanks

I like the simple look of it. And the fact you can use it directly on the ST-16. BUT, how to change the browser to Chrome. I'm from apple, and new to the android thing. It would be nice if there was a step by step guide to install Chrome.

Cheers !

We will put a step by step guide online soon. In the meantime:
1. Open Chrome 52.0.2743.98 APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror on your ST16 or you can search Google for "Chrome apk".
2. Download the x86 Android 4.1+ version to work on the ST16
3. Open Downloads (icon on main screen in ST16 tab mode) and tap on the .apk file. Agree to the prompt to install.
4. You should open Chrome by clicking its icon on the Home screen and navigate to Flight Planner H - Waypoints Creator for Yuneec Typhoon H
5. Use the menu in Chrome to "Add bookmark to Home screen", this will add an icon to your lock screen. If you open the app this way it will be without browser controls and will take up the whole screen.

Now you can Export the files directly in the App. But you still need to move them from the downloads folder to /root/sdcard/flightmode/mission_data using the file manager. We are working on ways to simplify this step.
Note that you can also email the file and open your email on the ST16 to download the file, connect the ST16 to a computer via USB or put the .ccc file on a SD card. As long as you get the exported file to root/sdcard/flightmode/mission_data/ it will be available when you go to Task mode, select CCC and then List.

Documentation is always the hardest thing to write so please be patient and give suggestions.

Agree.
Looks promising. A fairly well thought out set of tips available through the "?" icon at the upper left.
Imperial option (feet) perhaps?

Yes option for feet is also planned. But we need to do some tests first. I suspect that in the exported files the ST16 always expects meters no mater what it is set to.
Keep in touch, Imperial option will become available soon.

Hi,
Great job on the APP. I opened it in Microsoft Edge and noticed that when I click "export" it does not ask me where to save the file. It does, however, add the file to the "load project" area.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Will try Chrome next as maybe that's the issue.

Update: Chrome saved the file correctly to my download folder

Last edited:
Reactions: Kc7ewz
Hi,
Great job on the APP. I opened it in Microsoft Edge and noticed that when I click "export" it does not ask me where to save the file. It does, however, add the file to the "load project" area.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Will try Chrome next as maybe that's the issue.

Update: Chrome saved the file correctly to my download folder
Another Update: I created a route with a POI. It flew as advertised.

Thanks

Some issues I've found so far:

1) Doesn't show Altitude, Yaw and Gimbal Pitch on the waypoints for CCC files made from ST16 controller.

2) Gives an error when trying to load a second CCC file after previously loading one
upload_2016-8-25_19-15-13.png
Have to reload webpage to reset.

3) Waypoint icons for ST16 CCC files harder to select (area to click on is much smaller than files made on Flight Planner H)

4) Sometimes switches to 3D map when zooming in. Not sure how to replicate this one. It seems random, but happens enough to be annoying.

Another Update: I created a route with a POI. It flew as advertised.

Thanks

Thanks for the test. We did a lot of them and the main thing to worry about is the height(elevation) of the POI in relation to your ST16.
For example if you were filming a tree-house that was 4m up the tree and the tree was 5m up-hill from where you are sanding, you would need to set the POI height to 4+5 = 9m so the poi would also be vertically centered. We tried to put as much information as we could on the settings tab of each waypoint so it can help you make this settings (elevation, elevation relative to home,...)
You can also use the waypoint height to have for example more sky in the picture and drive the POI to the lower edge.
Please keep posting the results of you tests.

Some issues I've found so far:

1) Doesn't show Altitude, Yaw and Gimbal Pitch on the waypoints for CCC files made from ST16 controller.

2) Gives an error when trying to load a second CCC file after previously loading one
View attachment 2673
Have to reload webpage to reset.

3) Waypoint icons for ST16 CCC files harder to select (area to click on is much smaller than files made on Flight Planner H)

4) Sometimes switches to 3D map when zooming in. Not sure how to replicate this one. It seems random, but happens enough to be annoying.

Thanks for your report. This kind of reports help a lot because there are so many options and different possible sequences that there is no way we can test them all.

1) This seems to be a bug, it should show all of those things. Please note that the files exported from Hplan(.ccc files) have more information embeded than the files created in ST16 like POIs, Home point and other project settings. This way the whole project can be recreated when you load the file back into Hplan.
We will fix this asap.

2) This is also a known bug and we are working on a fix.

3) You should zoom-in enough to be able to click on the waypoint icon. It is enough to click or tap near the icon to select it. Note that even if you have the add a Waypoint or Add a POI tool selected, you will still select the waypoint if you click or tap on it. Once you have a waypoint open you can also use the arrows next to the waypoint name to select the previous/next waypoint.
The size and shape of the waypoint icon was deliberately chosen to show the direction of Typhoon ha and at the same time not to obscure too much of the area on the map below. It needs to be small for you to be able to position it accurately because satellite view only allows a certain level of zoom.

3) This is a feature of Google maps. It switches to 45 degree aerial photos at a certain zoom level where available. We decided to leave this option turned on because it can be really nice to see your location at an angle from all 4 sides to get the fee of the height of the buildings an so on. You can always switch back to the satellite view by clicking the icon in the menu in the bottom right of the map, you can rotate the map by clicking the other icon.
One other thing you can do to scout the location is to drag the little yellow man above the zoom buttons in the bottom right of the map onto your home point. This way you will go into street view and you can look around to better plan the flight.
Screenshot 2016-08-26 09.52.33.png
arrow - turns the map 90 degrees
projection - switches back to satellite view
yellow man - drag it on to the map to activate street view

We will look into it if it is maybe possible to just show the icons where 45 degree imagery is available so the user can decide when to activate the aerial view and the satellite view would be default on all zoom levels.

Whenever you run into unexpected behaviour please save you work and refresh the website.

Last edited:
Thanks for your report. This kind of reports help a lot because there are so many options and different possible sequences that there is no way we can test them all.

1) This seems to be a bug, it should show all of those things. Please note that the files exported from Hplan(.ccc files) have more information embeded than the files created in ST16 like POIs, Home point and other project settings. This way the whole project can be recreated when you load the file back into Hplan.
We will fix this asap.

2) This is also a known bug and we are working on a fix.

3) You should zoom-in enough to be able to click on the waypoint icon. It is enough to click or tap near the icon to select it. Note that even if you have the add a Waypoint or Add a POI tool selected, you will still select the waypoint if you click or tap on it. Once you have a waypoint open you can also use the arrows next to the waypoint name to select the previous/next waypoint.
The size and shape of the waypoint icon was deliberately chosen to show the direction of Typhoon ha and at the same time not to obscure too much of the area on the map below. It needs to be small for you to be able to position it accurately because satellite view only allows a certain level of zoom.

3) This is a feature of Google maps. It switches to 45 degree aerial photos at a certain zoom level where available. We decided to leave this option turned on because it can be really nice to see your location at an angle from all 4 sides to get the fee of the height of the buildings an so on. You can always switch back to the satellite view by clicking the icon in the menu in the bottom right of the map, you can rotate the map by clicking the other icon.
One other thing you can do to scout the location is to drag the little yellow man above the zoom buttons in the bottom right of the map onto your home point. This way you will go into street view and you can look around to better plan the flight.
View attachment 2674
arrow - turns the map 90 degrees
projection - switches back to satellite view
yellow man - drag it on to the map to activate street view

We will look into it if it is maybe possible to just show the icons where 45 degree imagery is available so the user can decide when to activate the aerial view and the satellite view would be default on all zoom levels.

Whenever you run into unexpected behaviour please save you work and refresh the website.
Thanks for getting these issues looked at and hopefully fixed. Good work so far.

As to issue #3, I don't think I was clear enough on the problem. Files created natively on Flight Planner H web site work fine. Waypoint icons are easy to select, you can click anywhere on the icon (even just near it like you said) and it will select it. However, with files created on the ST16, the area on the waypoint icon itself where you can click to select it seems to be a lot smaller. Try clicking on one of the two 'tails' of the icon. It doesn't work. I'm not sure why this is as the icons are the same, and they stay the same size regardless of zoom level. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Hard to explain, but easy to demonstrate. :)

Super work and thanks....I am very impressed with the POI function and the gimbal tilt showing it's adjusting to match, I can't wait to try it out in the next few days..I am using a mac, when I click the export, a new page opens up with some xml? data on it, to get the file onto the ST16, should I copy this text into a text doc and rename it .ccc or .xml? again great work and lovely UI.

Super work and thanks....I am very impressed with the POI function and the gimbal tilt showing it's adjusting to match, I can't wait to try it out in the next few days..I am using a mac, when I click the export, a new page opens up with some xml? data on it, to get the file onto the ST16, should I copy this text into a text doc and rename it .ccc or .xml? again great work and lovely UI.

I am also on a mac and I just tried downloading using Safari. It shows you the contents of the file instead of downloading. It works ok on Chrome and Firefox on mac. You can save the displayed code to a text file like you mentioned the file extension does not matter to ST16.
Thanks for the nice comments.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop