Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hplan - Typhoon H CCC route planning web app

Thanks for getting these issues looked at and hopefully fixed. Good work so far.

As to issue #3, I don't think I was clear enough on the problem. Files created natively on Flight Planner H web site work fine. Waypoint icons are easy to select, you can click anywhere on the icon (even just near it like you said) and it will select it. However, with files created on the ST16, the area on the waypoint icon itself where you can click to select it seems to be a lot smaller. Try clicking on one of the two 'tails' of the icon. It doesn't work. I'm not sure why this is as the icons are the same, and they stay the same size regardless of zoom level. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Hard to explain, but easy to demonstrate. :)

I have just tried it on ST16 (using Chrome and the full screen home bookmark). It works the same for both types of files for me. I tried loading files recorded with the ST16, files created with the app online and in the ST16.
I can tap on icons easily even when they are close together. But you have to do a quick tap otherwise you just move the map if you hold too long.
We will push another update in half an hour and you can try some things from your list if it is any better.

Hi guys,
I'm the other creator of the app and I'm just dropping in to say we have updated the app with the functionality to give files custom names when saving/exporting. You can rename existing projects by loading them and then renaming and re-saving them in the Save Project dialog by clicking the "Save" button (notice that in this case you will see another button "Save as New" that creates a copy of the project). You can also decide to download the saved file or not by checking or unchecking the Download file option.

Also I would like to thank all of you guys for testing the app and providing feedback. You are of great help and keep us motivated to make this app the best we can.

P.S.
Stay tuned for more cool features. Next thing on the list is the imperial units option. :)

I have just tried it on ST16 (using Chrome and the full screen home bookmark). It works the same for both types of files for me. I tried loading files recorded with the ST16, files created with the app online and in the ST16.
I can tap on icons easily even when they are close together. But you have to do a quick tap otherwise you just move the map if you hold too long.
We will push another update in half an hour and you can try some things from your list if it is any better.
OK, that issue with the waypoint icons seems to be fixed. As long as the cursor turns into a pointing hand, you are close enough ;)
Loading files seems to work as well.
Also the waypoint altitude, yaw and gimbal pitch are showing up now.
By the way, I'm doing this on a Mac with Firefox.

Some new issues I've found:

5) If you load a new file (in the same location) while you have a waypoint icon selected (with the line coming out the front showing you the yaw of the aircraft), that line doesn't get erased. Even when moving or zooming the map.
Related issue: if you delete the currently selected waypoint the yaw line (for that waypoint) doesn't get erased either.

6) Pressing the 'Clear' button deletes the waypoints, but not the flight path lines (red and blue ones) and any yaw lines that didn't get erased before.

7) Loading a new file after pressing the 'Clear' button causes an error.

8) Loading a new file doesn't update the Graph.

OK, that issue with the waypoint icons seems to be fixed. As long as the cursor turns into a pointing hand, you are close enough ;)
Loading files seems to work as well.
Also the waypoint altitude, yaw and gimbal pitch are showing up now.
By the way, I'm doing this on a Mac with Firefox.

Some new issues I've found:

5) If you load a new file (in the same location) while you have a waypoint icon selected (with the line coming out the front showing you the yaw of the aircraft), that line doesn't get erased. Even when moving or zooming the map.
Related issue: if you delete the currently selected waypoint the yaw line (for that waypoint) doesn't get erased either.

6) Pressing the 'Clear' button deletes the waypoints, but not the flight path lines (red and blue ones) and any yaw lines that didn't get erased before.

7) Loading a new file after pressing the 'Clear' button causes an error.

8) Loading a new file doesn't update the Graph.

Thanks for a detailed description of your issues. It really helps us to easily replicate the issue and pinpoint the errors.
I think we fixed all the issues you've come across, so the app will soon be updated. Hang tight. ;)

This is great, have been looking for a program to do this. Will you be adding a camera function to allow timed photos for mapping?

Thanks for creating this, where would I find the most complete documentation, I've seen some things posted on this thread but wondering if there
is something more. If not I'll just delve in and start pecking away...

This is great, have been looking for a program to do this. Will you be adding a camera function to allow timed photos for mapping?

This is not possible at the moment, because of the way the Typhoon H works. We are looking for all possible solutions to this but for now you have to manually take the photos by pressing the button yourself at intervals that are as regular and as short as possible. :) It's a shame that Yuneec didn't at least enable taking sequential photos at maximum possible speed if the button is depressed for a long time.

However, we've tried mapping with it and it works really well nonetheless. There is just a little bit of a hassle with manually capturing the images, but if your image overlap is big enough there should be no problems.

This works on Firefox using Linux or at least you can make a file. I will be interested to see if it works in the field

Thanks for creating this, where would I find the most complete documentation, I've seen some things posted on this thread but wondering if there
is something more. If not I'll just delve in and start pecking away...

For the time the best documentation is here in this thread and in the app if you click the '?' icon in the top left above the map. We tried to make it as intuitive as possible but as we add features it gets more and more complicated to understand how everything fits together.
You are right: the best thing to do is just to start using it like you imagine it should work. Ask questions here and give comments about your experience. This way we will all end up with the best solution.

This works on Firefox using Linux or at least you can make a file. I will be interested to see if it works in the field

Good to know, thanks. It should work when you put it on your ST16 like from any other system.
We have done many tests in the field and it works really great. In the locations we tested the position of the marker on the satellite image was exactly the right spot. As long as you plan a safe flight(safe height and distance from objects) for your chosen area you should have no problems.

Very good work! I like it.
Is it possible to do that at installation points automatically made the addition of the distance, you can see the total distance, time of flight?
Is it possible to do so that you can set the parameters of speed between each point - slow / medium / fast
Is it possible to make the installation time to stop points and the camera motion in degrees - for example, 90 degrees / 180/360 /?

Very good work! I like it.
Is it possible to do that at installation points automatically made the addition of the distance, you can see the total distance, time of flight?
Is it possible to do so that you can set the parameters of speed between each point - slow / medium / fast
Is it possible to make the installation time to stop points and the camera motion in degrees - for example, 90 degrees / 180/360 /?

Yes, we intend to display the total distance between waypoints. Time of flight is a different matter, because you can change the speed with which the drone moves along the path during the flight on the ST16. So maybe we could display the time that it will take the drone to fly along the path with maximum speed.
It is not possible to set in advance different speeds between waypoints, because of the way Typhoon H's Curved Cable Cam mode works. You have to do that manually with the left stick on the ST16 when flying the route.
Yes you can set the dials (altitude, yaw etc.) to a round number by clicking on the number in the center of the circle and inputing the number with a keyboard.

Last edited:

We did some tests with DroneDeploy and it works great with Typhoon H. Here are some example results: Yuneec
This is not full resolution. The 190 photos were taken from a height of 40m by pressing the photo button manually every 2s.

Sadly the only way to create an "auto trigger" for CGO+ would be an app for your phone that would send the take photo command in intervals. But that would only work within the 100m limited range of the phone wifi.
all solutions are hacks so it is best to hope for Yuneec to take the time and include this simple function.
Untill then play some good music and tap along to get your thumb in shape :)

Reactions: Magic
Hey guys,
We pushed an update that lets you change the units from meters to feet. The units preference is accessible in the settings sidebar on the left. You can switch between metric and imperial anytime you want. It does not yet save your preference at the moment so if you want units to be imperial (ft) instead of metric (m) you have to switch to imperial setting every time you reload the app. This is only for now, because we knew you guys want the option as soon as possible. Enjoy!

Reactions: Bobjazz
Great news guys!
If you're logged in the app now remembers your units preference.
Also another cool feature: yaw line length now always reflects the gimbal pitch value, so it basically shows where on the map the camera is pointing at (please note that it does not take into account the terrain that's in the way: if the line is "piercing" a mountain for example, it will not end at the point on the slope of the mountain where the camera actually is looking at, but go through it to the point where it would look if there would be no mountain in the way).
Have fun! :)

So once I input waypoints how do I load them to the Typhoon H to go and fly them??
See the 11th post in this thread...

There are multiple ways of getting the exported file to /root/sdcard/flightmode/mission_data on ST16. This is the folder you need to copy the exported file to in order for it to be visible under Task mode > CCC > List
A couple of ways:
1. Use Chrome on ST16 and download the file directly
2. Mail it to yourself and open it on ST16
3. Use an SD card to transfer the file
4. Connect ST16 via USB cable and copy the file
... I am sure there are many more

For now it requires a little bit of manual work but it is not that complicated.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval