Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Yuneec to alert them to a flawed firmware update. They said it was impossible and that I pressed B1 which shut down the motors. They refused to look at the telemetry which clearly showed the problem. The failure occurred on final descent with yaw to the right at the same time. It dropped 180'.

So tonight I took the same controller and connected it to the flight simulator and did a quick test flight using the same control method. It did exactly the same thing every time I tried it.

Sooooo.........Yuneec........B1 was not pressed. Nope. I'm giving you a fail on CS for this one. And, oh, by the way, exactly the same thing just happened to another experience H pilot. And I confirmed it in his flight logs.

The ST16 firmware version number is V3.01.b30

To check your ST16 to see if it has a problem open Channel Settings. The opening screen should look like this:
View attachment 7271

If it looks like this then don't fly. You have a problem:
View attachment 7272

Steve, how do I get the Typhoon H model on the simulator? I have the H and thus the ST16+ but there is no Typhoon H model! I also checked the Simulator for updates and it says that it is all up to date! So what do I do?

Thanks

Steve, how do I get the Typhoon H model on the simulator? I have the H and thus the ST16+ but there is no Typhoon H model! I also checked the Simulator for updates and it says that it is all up to date! So what do I do?
Thanks
Uninstall your current version. Then download and install the one on the web site.

Reactions: Airwolf76
I guess I missed something. Steve did you not have the latest firmware? Or was there possibly a firmware with the same name but different contents? I can't believe you wouldn't have had the latest update?
I did the update on 4/28 but I had very few flights after that. Since I rarely use yaw while descending, Channel 0 values never got low enough to shut the motors down. In addition only a yaw to the right decreased the value in Ch0. Yaw to the left increased it. So the worst case is yaw to the right while descending. That is all it took to shut the motors down.

Below is a screen shot of the file in post #5 of this thread on page 1. These are the values of Ch0 (throttle) and only the landing portion of each flight. The value of Ch0 should never fall below 662 until B1 is pressed. B1 sets Ch0 to zero which is motor shut down. I believe the threshold for motor shutdown is actually around 180.
The flights on the right side are prior to the firmware update. The flights on the left side are after the update. The far left flight was the last flight which had a much longer descent with yaw to the right. That is the flight that destroyed the aircraft.

ST16 History of landing.jpg

I'm now wondering if this could have been my issue as well. Have a look at this plotted telemetry log and see the drop out resulting in a crash. I have since then sold the ST16, but I'm gonna contact them and have them check the firmware and settings.
The ST16 will still have the logs from that flight. If you can get them I would be happy to review them. I would need the telemetry file and the remote file with the same number for the date of the flight.

For the less knowledgeable can someone please type out the exact steps we need to take to check our settings?
If you press the Channel settings button you will see the screen shown at the first page of this thread. If Channel settings is grayed out you need to go to System Settings, select Other and turn on Advanced setting.

Steve I was in the right screen, the channels were still wrong . did a factory reset, firmware remained updated and channels are right now.
Good that you caught it and did the reset. Saved yourself a lot of grief by catching it before a crash.

Anything more from Yuneec C.S.?
No, and I don't expect any. They were absolutely convinced I pressed the kill button. Since there have been some other confirmations of the same problem perhaps they will take another look. If they do we will never know about it.

Uninstall your current version. Then download and install the one on the web site.
Got it! Thanks Steve.

I tried duplicating your issue but I only have the 2 correct highlighted switches in the Channel screen and I cannot get the H to fall in sim or reality.

I wish you luck!

Got it! Thanks Steve.
I tried duplicating your issue but I only have the 2 correct highlighted switches in the Channel screen and I cannot get the H to fall in sim or reality.
I wish you luck!
That is a good thing. It's not a problem you want to find. It's also good to find you don't have the problem.

Reactions: Airwolf76
The Kill button is in a very safe place....not to mention you have to push it for several seconds...I could see them trying to pull that on a new pilot but that's just B.S. Man if there is anything we can do to help open their eyes just let me(us) know... you help a lot of people on here and I am sure you would have many people help you out with a letter, email, call to our congressman....You get the picture... Thanks for all your help on this forum.... It makes a HUGE difference in the Yuneec experience. Yuneec should be sending you double new replacements for all your time and help of their products....just my 2cents

The Kill button is in a very safe place....not to mention you have to push it for several seconds...I could see them trying to pull that on a new pilot but that's just B.S. Man if there is anything we can do to help open their eyes just let me(us) know... you help a lot of people on here and I am sure you would have many people help you out with a letter, email, call to our congressman....You get the picture... Thanks for all your help on this forum.... It makes a HUGE difference in the Yuneec experience. Yuneec should be sending you double new replacements for all your time and help of their products....just my 2cents
That is very kind of you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I am no expert. I'm in the same ship with everyone else on this forum. I've learned much from these pages and I enjoy sharing whatever is useful.

This post was never about getting anything from Yuneec. It's about calling attention to a problem that may have a serious impact on others. I was hopeful that Yuneec would take the issue seriously and do a bit of digging into the firmware to see if they can identify a cause. It's sad to see their indifference and playing the Blame Game. That accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: Dr Delta
I am closing this post. There is enough information here for anyone who suspects they might have an issue or if they merely want to check their controller and make certain there is no channel mixing. Thank you to all read and posted on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy