Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called Yuneec to alert them to a flawed firmware update. They said it was impossible and that I pressed B1 which shut down the motors. They refused to look at the telemetry which clearly showed the problem. The failure occurred on final descent with yaw to the right at the same time. It dropped 180'.

So tonight I took the same controller and connected it to the flight simulator and did a quick test flight using the same control method. It did exactly the same thing every time I tried it.

Sooooo.........Yuneec........B1 was not pressed. Nope. I'm giving you a fail on CS for this one. And, oh, by the way, exactly the same thing just happened to another experience H pilot. And I confirmed it in his flight logs.

The ST16 firmware version number is V3.01.b30

To check your ST16 to see if it has a problem open Channel Settings. The opening screen should look like this:
View attachment 7271

If it looks like this then don't fly. You have a problem:
View attachment 7272
I called Yuneec to alert them to a flawed firmware update. They said it was impossible and that I pressed B1 which shut down the motors. They refused to look at the telemetry which clearly showed the problem. The failure occurred on final descent with yaw to the right at the same time. It dropped 180'.

So tonight I took the same controller and connected it to the flight simulator and did a quick test flight using the same control method. It did exactly the same thing every time I tried it.

Sooooo.........Yuneec........B1 was not pressed. Nope. I'm giving you a fail on CS for this one. And, oh, by the way, exactly the same thing just happened to another experience H pilot. And I confirmed it in his flight logs.

To check your ST16 to see if it has a problem open Channel Settings. The opening screen should look like this:
View attachment 7271

View attachment 7272
Hi my st16 shows j1 not hilighted but j3 is the other one is right . what should I do to correct this

Make sure you are seeing the correct screen by pressing Thr (Ch1) at the upper right side of the display. Then you should see J1 and B1 highlighted.

Ok, wiil do thank you , after reading the horror stories I'm afraid to fly this thing.
Thanks for your instruction.

Thanks for spotting this Steve. All OK here, European firmware.
I think it flies great, no issues with mine ('cept the occasional camera disconnect).:)

Reactions: samsflite
Thanks for spotting this Steve. All OK here, European firmware.
I think it flies great, no issues with mine ('cept the occasional camera disconnect).:)
Hi graham how did you get European firmware?

Hi graham how did you get European firmware?
I live in the UK, here's the address for downloads: Firmware
The Euopean firmware takes longer to connect to the camera and most (all?) of us using it have experienced occasional camera disconnects, particularly on raising the landing gear. No other wrinkles that I know of.:)

I find it interesting that after correcting the channel settings everything is fine until you create a new model. Then the problem is carried into that model.
Now that's spooky!
I just checked my 16 month old ST16 running the latest firmware (standard version). It's OK.
It's way too easy to get channel mixing. Just touch one of the gray squares and, voila, you are mixed.
How many pilots have you found that have this issue?
I hope all TH users get the word to check their System Settings. It's fast and easy to do. A more urgent title for your post would help. Best would be a notice from Yuneec to all registered purchasers.

It's way too easy to get channel mixing. Just touch one of the gray squares and, voila, you are mixed.
Not exactly. You have to open the edit and then press save. You could do it accidentally but you have to get the right combination. If you do so and go back to the opening screen it will show the added switch which should alert you to the change.

Not exactly. You have to open the edit and then press save. You could do it accidentally but you have to get the right combination. If you do so and go back to the opening screen it will show the added switch which should alert you to the change.
Only if you know what it was supposed to look like.
My first time into System Settings, I was trying to change the rate curves but touched a gray button by mistake and saved a channel mix in addition to my rate changes. I discovered the error before flying by watching the effects of stick movements. Thankfully, the error was easy to "Deactivate". I keep a log of the settings now.

Only if you know what it was supposed to look like.
Very True. One has to wonder what Yuneec was thinking when they put Channel Settings right on the main screen. And then provided zero documentation. They created a perfect recipe for selling more parts to unhappy customers.

Reactions: Dr Delta
Great post, Steve, I checked my 16 s channel settings, I also have the new firmware and the settings checked OK. When I get some sleep I ll post my 16 s Serial number.I figure if the problem ones post their serial numbers ,we might find the firmware problem is with the older ST 16 s !!! ( Don t want to give Yuneec too much help,but from what I ve seen on this forum,you guys can solve almost anything !!!!

I'm now wondering if this could have been my issue as well. Have a look at this plotted telemetry log and see the drop out resulting in a crash. I have since then sold the ST16, but I'm gonna contact them and have them check the firmware and settings.

Attachments

• IMG_2448.PNG
    IMG_2448.PNG
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
I guess I missed something. Steve did you not have the latest firmware? Or was there possibly a firmware with the same name but different contents? I can't believe you wouldn't have had the latest update?

I got in contact with the person I sold the ST16 to. This is the version of the firmware file installed
SHA1=1e4c6a875fa1359c54bb8d26de325c414ce9de08 (to address file contents). However, on an older ST16 2 antenna and the newer 3 antenna one (used in the above flight picture) the channels are both set correctly with this firmware uploaded directly not OTA.

Ok, wiil do thank you , after reading the horror stories I'm afraid to fly this thing.
Thanks for your instruction.
Steve I was in the right screen, the channels were still wrong . did a factory reset, firmware remained updated and channels are right now.

Reactions: Steve Carr
For the less knowledgeable can someone please type out the exact steps we need to take to check our settings?

View attachment 7271

View attachment 7272

Very good job narrowing down the problem!

I'll make sure to check this out as soon as I get back to my aircraft. Thanks for the info!

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430