Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I took the Q500 4K out last night for the first time in a month, with newly charged batteries. Turned on the controller and waited for it to acquire satellites. But when I turned on the Typhoon, the Typhoon repeated a series of beeps indicating an error with initialization. I switched batteries. I turned the aircraft off and waited. Same thing every time: initialization error. At one point the controller said there was an error with the fifth motor and to land immediately.

I tried rebinding the Typhoon with the controller. I tried recalibrating the compass. Nothing worked.

Finally I reset the controller to the factory settings. When I turned the Typhoon back on, it was normal. The engines started and I went on a flight. Everything was fine. When the battery started to run low, I landed, put a new battery in, and had another successful flight. But when I brought the Typhoon in, put a fresh battery in and tried to take off, the initialization error returned.

I have the Typhoon connected to the PC right now with GUI. The GUI is showing an ESC error with Engine 2, which is odd, considering I haven't had any crashes since the Typhoon's maiden flight last May (it drifted into the case about 2 feet above ground).

But sometimes when I reboot the Typhoon while connected to the GUI, the GUI indicates Engine 2 is OK but Engine 3 is not. When I try to reassign the motors, Engine 1 assigns correctly right off. But Engine 2 does not and I end up getting an error for Engines 2, 3, and 4.

I just unplugged the dongle, turned off the Typhoon, reconnected the dongle, and turned the Typhoon back on. Now the GUI says Engine 3 is faulty.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: activ46
My first try would be to do the ESC Assignment. The procedure is easy to do in the GUI, simply follow the instructions. Sometimes this helps.
If you say, reassignment did not help, I guess, you did this procedure already?

br HE

Reactions: Texas_Willie
My first try would be to do the ESC Assignment. The procedure is easy to do in the GUI, simply follow the instructions. Sometimes this helps.
If you say, reassignment did not help, I guess, you did this procedure already?

br HE

I've tried. Engine 1 takes immediately. But Engine 2 does not and the GUI shows an error for that engine and Engines 3 and 4 and won't allow me to assign those.

Hmm, that's bad. Strange, especially that it moves, comes and goes. If one motor or ESC (I think more probaly the ESC) is bad, why the others cannot be accessed?
If you want, you can oben the body an check all connectors and if all cables are ok (not impacted, jammed). If ESC needs to be replaced, a lot of soldering is needed.
There may be a lot of other reasons, including SW problems in Flight Controller. I think, you have FW 1.07, right? I have never tested this, but I think you can update FW again.

br HE

Hmm, that's bad. Strange, especially that it moves, comes and goes. If one motor or ESC (I think more probaly the ESC) is bad, why the others cannot be accessed?
If you want, you can oben the body an check all connectors and if all cables are ok (not impacted, jammed). If ESC needs to be replaced, a lot of soldering is needed.
There may be a lot of other reasons, including SW problems in Flight Controller. I think, you have FW 1.07, right? I have never tested this, but I think you can update FW again.

br HE

I reinstalled the firmware and the initialization succeeded and the GUI's diagnostics showed no problems. Then I took it out today and had a normal first flight. But when I attempted my second flight, the initialization failed again.

I reinstalled the firmware and the initialization succeeded and the GUI's diagnostics showed no problems. Then I took it out today and had a normal first flight. But when I attempted my second flight, the initialization failed again.

This sounds like a problem I have with the Breeze. It works fine for the first flight, but after changing batteries, the initialization fails. It sounds like a problem with overheating. Either the motor has minor damage that causes it to pull more current than normal or the FET on the ESC was stressed during the minor crash.

I would try replacing the ESC on the motor that took the hit in the minor crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval