Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Intergeo - New products?

Reaction score
Just saw a youtube video (in German) of some new products through the Yuneec 3rd party certification program.

Some dicussion over an H920.

Plus lots of 3rd party adapters for the H520.

One of interest was what looked to me like a large sony camera mounted in the nadir direction. Looked like it might be a surveying beast!

I don’t understand German but I got a few take aways from that.

If they are doing something with the 920 they will be either making batteries again or have changed the power module to accept one large capacity 6s battery.

There’s been considerable effort to focus on payload versatility for the 520. A good thing.

No visuals for the H Plus.

Running a Velcro strap over the 520’s GPS antenna is not a good idea.

if they can setup the rear lamp shade to become a quick hardware connect disconnect for the addons that may be a better way to go over velcro

Reactions: Mc-Murph
@PatR the 920 will be reborn as 920 Industrial "Project Rhino". They removed the lower shell to get rid of the dimensional restriction for battery packs (3 connectors are remaining - as far as I could see). Props with a lower angle of attack and slightly adjusted motor angles to improve "glide" capabilities. This amongst a better motor management and higher capacity batteries are intended to result in flight times of up to one hour. Open SDK to accept more different payloads and being open for add-ons and updates will give developers lots of options. Even the possibility to upgrade your 920+ is considered.

APack, thank you for posting that. Sounds genuinely interesting. Can't wait to see it properly announced and in people's hands. Looks like a great heavy lifter or long flight aircraft if it really manages that.

Reactions: APack
I
Given the Yuneec-Leica partnership, what are the chances of a "CGO5" for the revamped 920?

I Dunno. Given the load carrying ability of the H920 I would guess that it'll have options to carry one or 2 H520 cameras or link to 3rd party cameras and gimbals.

The Yuneec-Leica partnership, if it extends beyond the one camera ( and it really should!) I think we'll then see a further upgraded Leica camera for the H520/H920.

Perhaps with a mechanical shutter and variable aperture? Or an optical zoom camera?

I

The Yuneec-Leica partnership, if it extends beyond the one camera ( and it really should!) I think we'll then see a further upgraded Leica camera for the H520/H920.

Considering they say it's a long-term partnership, I really hope this is the case.

Reactions: APack
Considering they say it's a long-term partnership, I really hope this is the case.

Ah, missed that bit! Thank you.

Hopefully then we get our mechanical shutter, variable aperture survey & cinematic beast of a camera up next!

Whilst the third party addons are interesting for the H520, and we know it can lift heavier loads, a third party camera and gimbal is likely to be much less optimised for weight and power use than a fully integrated payload meaning we'd get a lesser flight time, so i'm still hoping for a camera upgrade from Yuneec themselves

Hopefully then we get our mechanical shutter, variable aperture survey & cinematic beast of a camera up next!

Whilst the third party addons are interesting for the H520, and we know it can lift heavier loads, a third party camera and gimbal is likely to be much less optimised for weight and power use than a fully integrated payload meaning we'd get a lesser flight time, so i'm still hoping for a camera upgrade from Yuneec themselves

Hopefully any third party development of anything is designed based on the specs necessary to achieve optimum performance.

Hate to think of any development done with the idea “just make it so someone can slap on and go...”

@dsandson At least for the H520 payloads seen at the intergeo booth I can tell you that they are weight optimised as far as reasonable. Of course every single bit of extra weight reduces flight time, but I would say that the additional functionality outweighs the shorter flight time. And looking at my cgo4 I would say, weight optimization was not the first topic on Yuneec's list ?.

Reactions: 0verload

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33