Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is my camera one that's got bad focus?

Reaction score
Can anyone check my camera and tell me if it's got that out of focus issue? Otherwise The camera is not good enough for pro use.
Here is a link to download a still image .dng format untouched or edited:
MEGA

Here's the link for a ten second video clip at 4096x2160 24P, the highest resolution:
MEGA

The way I test it is if you put the 4k video file in an Adobe Premiere timeline set to 1080 24P. You will see just the center 1080 part of the 4k image. It looks soft to me.
Now take the .dng still capture and bring into Photoshop. Zoom the image to 100%. It looks soft to me also.

Your take on my camera?

That's alright, My tests show the camera was faulty (factory focus issue).

That's alright, My tests show the camera was faulty (factory focus issue).

So, have you disassembled the camera and corrected the focus isue, turning the lens until its just fine focused?

Mine looks EXACTLY as yours. I gonna make the procedure and see if it corrects.

What do you think?
Cheers!

So, have you disassembled the camera and corrected the focus isue, turning the lens until its just fine focused?

Mine looks EXACTLY as yours. I gonna make the procedure and see if it corrects.

What do you think?
Cheers!
I sent it in. I'll put up compare examples once it's back for anyone wondering themselves if they have issues with they're cameras.

I sent it in. I'll put up compare examples once it's back for anyone wondering themselves if they have issues with they're cameras.

Curious if they told you how long it would take to repair? I have an open RMA from yesterday for the same issue and they told me 7 days.

They just sent am email to me 1 week after sending. The email is that they received it. No return date though. I wouldn't think it'd be too long just to refocus the camera but we'll see. I'll post when it's returned with how long it took and some compare video from before the service.

They just sent am email to me 1 week after sending. The email is that they received it. No return date though. I wouldn't think it'd be too long just to refocus the camera but we'll see. I'll post when it's returned with how long it took and some compare video from before the service.
That would be awesome. I want to see if they actually fix the problem.

Yuneec doesnt refocus the camera they just swap cameras

I was hoping that wasn't the case and am still hoping this. They received mine 2 weeks ago and a simple camera replacement should have been here by now so....

Okay so, I received my camera back after sending it in for re-focusing. Sad to say, NO DIFFERENCE, plus one of the camera bumpers wasn't on. SO as a professional photographer I cannot recommend a Typhoon H for shooting video or stills for a paying client. It's a great toy if you want to spend $1300 for a toy. This is however not a camera for any professional videography use.

Whilst I'm sorry Yuneec failed to correct your camera I would get back onto them to correct it to your satisfaction.

Truthfully you cant expect to pay $1300 for a drone with a full professional camera camera fitted, and a lot of professional videographers may actually choose the the Typhoon H for certain jobs where they don't wish to risk $1.32991 a professional hexacopter fitted with a pro camera, during post production they can with a bit of careful color grading and work on the black and white highlights slip this footage in between some sections of their final production.

Last edited:
I understand that a $1300 drone could not be the best for pro work. However, the camera is supposed to shoot UHD/4k video as stated by the company. The camera doesn't even shoot HD quality. I am a cinematographer and I know quality. Even a $400 gopro is used for pro work thousands of times a day. This camera is no where near a GoPro in quality. The CGO3+ is equivalent to widescreen standard definition quality like miniDV. This is not what was promised/marketed by Yuneec and therefore deceptive marketing plain and simple.

Save yourself some grief and refocus it yourself. From what I have seen, the cameras are fine just focused too close.

If Yuneec service dept. can't fix it why should I try when I can return for a refund (if I can return it for a refund).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval