Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Yuneec even still in business?

For about two hours of easy work and some basic soldering most could convert their H to use commonly available lipo batteries fitted with “industry standard” plugs.

Why people continue to beat their heads against a brick wall looking for Yuneec connector batteries is beyond my imagination.

I suppose plug and play is the name of the game:eek:?
Regards.
Mike

I suppose plug and play is the name of the game:eek:?
Regards.
Mike

More specifically, the name of their game is buying the 3.0 version of the same old template, with little chance of improvement... until version 4.0, when they fix all the issues in 3.0...

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
More specifically, the name of their game is buying the 3.0 version of the same old template, with little chance of improvement... until version 4.0, when they fix all the issues in 3.0...

What are you flying now? Are you still enjoying your Yuneec products??
Mike

I actually have not flown a Yuneec airframe for 2 years... when the Plus was introduced, I instantly wanted to upgrade simply based on the C23 imagery alone. During this time, since I was not happy with the imagery out of the CGO3+, I sold my H while I could still recover part of my investment. But this was not my first rodeo, so I wanted to give Yuneec time to iron out some bugs and tweek improvements out over 2 to 3 firmware updates.

During that time I saw Yuneec continue a tradition of not acknowledging the collective beta testers that populate this board... or at least we thought. Other things always stood out as red flags... little to no third party support, for both necessities like batteries or ancillary tools like ND filters designed with the C23 in mind. Lack of spare parts for basics like landing gear.

Then later on, virtually all of those ignored suggestions for the Plus, magically appear as "new" features on the 3rd generation, H3... which I would consider. But, even before the pandemic took over in early 2020, there were still supply issues on basics for many Yuneec airframes, including the heir apparent, H3. As far as ancillary parts... has anyone ever seen any evidence of filters for the H3?

The above does not even touch on such issues as, with Yuneec's US status (at best, unresolved) where do repairs go to... Vertigo Drones? What guarantees do they have of getting paid, anymore that KAV did?

So at this point I remain grounded... after I can resolve some IRS issues, I will have some money that if I choose to I can invest in more equipment... in my case, if everything remains equal, I will likely invest in the Evo II Pro that has recently become available. Like so many others, CoVid will ultimately determine my spending.

To my knowledge this is not true.
So what knowledge do you have that contradicts what has been posted on this and other forums. I would like to think that just because the lights are out and no one is home at Yuneec that everything is just fine. Search the forum and see what’s been posted.

RayRay has much better insight to what is happening at Yuneec than most do. I won’t explain why aside from saying he used to be a moderator here.

As for still flying Yuneec products, my “go to” is my 920. I stopped flying the H-480’s after seeing how much better the product was with the 920. Battery adaptability/availability was/is a lot easier too.

Reactions: Rayray
RayRay has much better insight to what is happening at Yuneec than most do. I won’t explain why aside from saying he used to be a moderator here.

He's definitely a has-been...

Unbelievable what I have gone through to try and get batteries for my Typhoon H. At B&H they are discontinued.
I've tried to call Yuneec customer service inside order and when I press 1 for inside orders I get disconnected every time.
I've tried several times to email customer service from the link on their site and it gets returned "undeliverable"
I emailed an older customer service address I had from the past 3 times now and have not gotten a response.
Best buy does not have batteries for the H. Only the H Plus. None anywhere I can find on the web.
WTF?
Change your batteries, it can be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430