Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Jello after replacing dampers, etc.

Reaction score
So after hundreds of flights something happened the other day while almost landed and I thought the unit was toast but turned out only the camera rail mount dampers and ties needed to be replaced. Well, those and the props.

So got the parts from Horizon Hobby thru Amazon and installed them. Noticed that the camera assembly doesn't appear to be "hanging" as far as it was before as if these rubber dampers are either stiffer or shorter.

The bird flies fine and the camera seems to be working as it should but I keep getting a little of the jello type vibration in my videos. So, I had put aftermarket props on her and also have a set of Yuneec branded props and tried them, still happening.

The jello isn't real bad, but don't want to get into balancing props if I don't really have to and this is my second Yuneec (had a Q500+ prior) and never had this issue before.

Any suggestions? I had already bought a replacement "H" so want to sell this one (probably to a brother) but wish I could get the videos to look like they used to.

Any simple suggestions? I did recalibrate compass/accelerometer/camera just in case but still doing it.

Thanks

Double check to ensure all 4 corners are fully installed... you can get jello from one hanging loose.

Thanks, I did check, actually had someone do it for me, (I know, I am a weenie it's pretty simple) but will check again.

They look fine, I pushed on them to try to make sure, but will not be able to fly right now due to weather.

Last edited:
camera rail mount dampers and ties needed to be replaced. Well, those and the props.
There are a couple of different dampers. The ones for the CGO3 might work better.
Also, I suggest not using the aftermarket props. Several people have reported they break at the hub in flight for no particular reason.

CGO3 4K dampers.jpgCGO3+ Dampers.jpg

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
There are unfortunately more then one style of Yuneec dampeners and mount assembly and the wrong ones can cause this potentially. Do you have the dust cover on the camera mount? Try flying without it as it can sometimes touch the body of the drone and transfer vibrations to the camera that create the jello. I’ve had to do that with the new mount design that showed up in units made within the last year. It is different then the mounts top molding used to be with first release Typhoon H. You cannot use the Q500 style dampeners with a H and there is differences in the molding of how the top plate recess holds the grommets. Check your old plate and make sure the new one has the dropped ears. Then check your old dampeners against the new ones for for length and stiffness. Finally check the holding pins and if you have the old ones with the smaller retainer clips, try them. The new more round clip can be too tight in the recess molding and pass vibrations also. I know because I fought this problem also on one of my cameras when I replaced the mount. It took changing everything as much as possible back to old style to solve and it was all about intermittent contact in flight between camera mount and the drone body.

Reactions: Steve Carr
There are unfortunately more then one style of Yuneec dampeners and mount assembly and the wrong ones can cause this potentially. Do you have the dust cover on the camera mount? Try flying without it as it can sometimes touch the body of the drone and transfer vibrations to the camera that create the jello. I’ve had to do that with the new mount design that showed up in units made within the last year. It is different then the mounts top molding used to be with first release Typhoon H. You cannot use the Q500 style dampeners with a H and there is differences in the molding of how the top plate recess holds the grommets. Check your old plate and make sure the new one has the dropped ears. Then check your old dampeners against the new ones for for length and stiffness. Finally check the holding pins and if you have the old ones with the smaller retainer clips, try them. The new more round clip can be too tight in the recess molding and pass vibrations also. I know because I fought this problem also on one of my cameras when I replaced the mount. It took changing everything as much as possible back to old style to solve and it was all about intermittent contact in flight between camera mount and the drone body.

They are the right parts for the "H" but as I said I do think the dampers are slightly different as far as flexibility but size appears the same. Yes, the pins are not the same. I hate fiddling with stuff like this so I paid a shop to put it together (partly my closeup eyesight is not great any more even with glasses). It seems like a stupid arrangement and I thought about taking out the pins and using bread ties or something because as far as I can tell they are just there in case a damper comes loose./

I did remove the "dust cover", which seems like a useless part and that might have helped a little. I saw some dampers for sale at Vertigo Drones but ****** I don't want to pay someone again to assemble this.

May go out soon now that rain stopped and see what happens again.

Thanks for the info, I think it has something to do with this.... why would they alter the parts that work for some that don't?

There are a couple of different dampers. The ones for the CGO3 might work better.
Also, I suggest not using the aftermarket props. Several people have reported they break at the hub in flight for no particular reason.

View attachment 11976View attachment 11977
I don't know where I can get dampers that work better and then I have to take it apart and put back together again. I got away from DJI cause I found I had to fiddle with things too much and haven't had to with the 3 drones I had from Yuneec until now.

I'm surprised you're flying with all that moisture in the air and ground. Best to hand catch it rather than land it.

I'm surprised you're flying with all that moisture in the air and ground. Best to hand catch it rather than land it.
Don't have much choice about that living on the eastern shore but been flying drones for over 3 years and never had a problem.

I attached this, so next time it ain't gonna rip off!

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    9.1 MB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 24
As @CraigCam mentioned above, may be the blades?
As said tried 2 completely different sets of props, everything exactly the same. I will probably sell it as is and reflect in the price. Probably the **** new dampers, haven't yet reviewed a vid I just shot

As said tried 2 completely different sets of props, everything exactly the same. I will probably sell it as is and reflect in the price. Probably the **** new dampers, haven't yet reviewed a vid I just shot
Opps, sorry didn't see that comment about the blades, selective reading at my age.

Opps, sorry didn't see that comment about the blades, selective reading at my age.
yeah I understand that. As much as I hate tinkering with these I just checked some old pics and was flying drones since late 2014.

Just got back from another test, shot some at 1080/60 to see how that would do. Strangely the jello is intermittent and I dunno maybe that has something to do with a breeze now and then but I will get tired of trying to figure this out pretty soon :)

Impressive how quickly people responded, though... very nice thanks to all.

Going to do one more flight, changing blades again ... now using yuneec branded although already did this and couldn't see any difference but who knows?

Don't see any difference really with different props. Even used a different SD card and strangely if I shoot at 1080/60 there is no jello, at least in this one vid.

Probably done trying to "fix" this... thanks for everyone's attempts :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss