Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Keep getting cant connect to camera after lift off?

Reaction score
Need help...I have 2 different Q500 copters and having same problem on both...Everything is binded and I see picture on ST10 controller.. recording starts ...As soon as copter goes up I loose camera signal and says can't connect to camera...Its still recording but I'm flying with no picture...This is happening on 2 of my q500 drone set ups...I have a shoot with it tomorrow and really need some advise ASAP....Thank you

Is it the same ST10 that you use for both Q500? If so the antenna for 5GHz WiFi seems to be disconnected, defect or something like that. Also the WiFi module may be defect.
You can check the signal strength of the WiFi from the camera using your phone with a WiFi analyzer. You can check how the signal goes down (or not) when you move away from the camera.
Also you can compare the signal strenght of both cameras.

My CGO3+ looks like that, CGO3 should be the same:
Screenshot_2019-06-24-20-57-05.png

br HE

Did both setups stop working at the same time? If so, what changed at about the same time? Firmware updates, calibrations, location?
Are you flying in an area that previously had no problems?

Reactions: 7cyclops
Never did updates... Everything starts out fine then after just a few seconds of flight ...Can not connect to camera....Happens on both...i deleted all settings on both...re bound on both same thing ....Picture records goes up a bit then can not connect to camera...also when I check film it still recorded although I'm shooting blind

Just took them both out 4 test...Same results plus I did different combos. Different camera with different controller same results on both

A "factory reset" might help if it is an APP conflict.
If Factory Reset does not help, we at least need to determine if it is a drone issue or a controller issue. The first check would be to use a WIFI analyzer on your smart phone as mentioned by @h-elsner above. The apps (there are a lot of them out there) can be downloaded to your phone from places like Play Store.

I have 2 of everything...tried every combination ..factory reset on both st10s...same results on both...cant imagine what could it be on both units

Have you checked and/or re-formatted your SD cards in the camera??
I'd similar troubles with my Chroma due to a faulty memory card.
Try using a smaller capacity card of good quality and high speed...

Just came back to view my test flights and the camera kept recording even though I couldn't see what I was filming on SD10 ...The picture quality is beautiful the reason I stayed with this drone in the 1st place....Now if I could only figure out the problem ....

The SD card and the resolution are a very good thought. If the camera is struggling with recording, it will prioritize the recording over the transmission. A smaller SD card and/or lower resolution might help. Or a different card if the card is going bad. To test the SD card influence, you can remove the card and see if it maintains normal contact with the controller. If the Card seems related, try some smaller, faster cards. The cards have to be rated U3 for anything much over 1080P.

The format can be an issue, as well as which type computer you used for the format. Fat32 works well on smaller cards less than 64G. Above 64G you need to use exFAT format. Windows PCs are rumored to work better than MAC for formatting Yuneec stuff, but I don't really know.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm shooting in 1080...I formatted the chips I used today and will try again later...The recording is fine I just have no control over the camera and can't see what I'm filming at a very short distance. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me

From what I have read in the thread thus far you are experiencing this with two Q500/CGO3/ST10+ systems and mixing components between the systems shows no improvement nor degradation. Both systems worked fine until recently and you now have no video feed after a small distance. Do you have tilt control on the camera gimbal?

Since you are trying to narrow down the cause it would be a good test to try @WTFDproject suggestion. Remove the sd card and see if the video feed improves.
We have seen a variety of problems on this forum that were caused by the sd card.

Reactions: DoomMeister
From what I have read in the thread thus far you are experiencing this with two Q500/CGO3/ST10+ systems and mixing components between the systems shows no improvement nor degradation. Both systems worked fine until recently and you now have no video feed after a small distance. Do you have tilt control on the camera gimbal?
Yes I have full function of the drone and the camera is still recording..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval