Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing at Negative Ground Level

Reaction score
I fly in uneven terrain and on a few of occasions, I have had difficulty landing after walking downhill with ST-16 while H is in flight. Flying Angle Mode, no OBS, H is about 20 feet off the ground and refuses to come any lower. I also have trees around, so cycling to RTH has helped when there is enough clear space, but not always. Just had a crash trying to get down among trees, but not the preferred way to get to ground! I have run all cals. Is there any way to reset the ground level reference in flight?

I fly in uneven terrain and on a few of occasions, I have had difficulty landing after walking downhill with ST-16 while H is in flight. Flying Angle Mode, no OBS, H is about 20 feet off the ground and refuses to come any lower. I also have trees around, so cycling to RTH has helped when there is enough clear space, but not always. Just had a crash trying to get down among trees, but not the preferred way to get to ground! I have run all cals. Is there any way to reset the ground level reference in flight?
I'm sure someone else will chime in before too long.
In the mean time, landing at negative height levels (landing at a place that is below the height you took off from) should not impact the H's performance at landing: Living in a hilly area I do it myself often.

If your H is reluctant to come down from 20 ft something else is the issue.

There is no way to reset the ground level reference in flight.

How often do you have this issue?

I'm sure someone else will chime in before too long.
In the mean time, landing at negative height levels (landing at a place that is below the height you took off from) should not impact the H's performance at landing: Living in a hilly area I do it myself often.

If your H is reluctant to come down from 20 ft something else is the issue.

There is no way to reset the ground level reference in flight.

How often do you have this issue?
I have had it happen 4 times that I remember, and I got my H around the first of April.

I've only had that happen one time about a year ago. If it stops on descent, then take it back up and bring it down again with the control set to rabbit. You may have to do it a couple of times but it should work. Use left stick max down.

I've only had that happen one time about a year ago. If it stops on descent, then take it back up and bring it down again with the control set to rabbit. You may have to do it a couple of times but it should work. Use left stick max down.
As Steve says, take it back up and then left stick hard down...but I would add that if you are in light winds or no wind and the hard left stick produces the maximum decent rate, then watch out for VRS. I good way to avoid VRS is that if you have left stick hard down also give a little lateral input with your right stick. That should help prevent settlement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval