Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing gear up, drone lands

Reaction score
I have a typhoon h pro and with gear up it’s not suppose to land but stop descending at 6.6 ft mine keeps on coming down to land. The box had been checked for realsense obs has been updated has been tuned on and off but still no change. The obs is on because on the tx I can see the meter on how close things are to it.

You need to check the position of the OA switch just left of the Flight Mode switch. OA is only active in the fully down position. The RealSense display will appear on the screen even when OA is not turned on (the presence of that display is not an indicator of OA being active). The indicator for OA is on the right side of the screen just below the flight mode indicator, and is green when OA is active.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You need to check the position of the OA switch just left of the Flight Mode switch. OA is only active in the fully down position. The RealSense display will appear on the screen even when OA is not turned on (the presence of that display is not an indicator of OA being active). The indicator for OA is on the right side of the screen just below the flight mode indicator, and is green when OA is active.
Ok thank you for that but when I turn the OA on it still doesn’t do anything and with the landing gear up the drone still wants to land

If that is the case, it sounds as if the sonar units are bad and the RS unit would need replacing. You may want to schedule a phone call from Yuneec Customer Support using their website to do so.

Reactions: WTFDproject
If that is the case, it sounds as if the sonar units are bad and the RS unit would need replacing. You may want to schedule a phone call from Yuneec Customer Support using their website to do so.
I was afraid of that. It’s funny because I never use it

If you never use it take it off then, and just remember to put the landing gear down before you land ?

Just don't become another statistic, it's tempting to experiment sometimes with disastrous results.

The box had been checked for realsense obs has been updated has been tuned on and off but still no change. The obs is on because on the tx I can see the meter on how close things are to it.

A few notes:

OA does not need to be on to prevent the H480 Pro (RS) from landing with the gear up. This function is incorporated within the Real Sense module and is always active regardless of OA.

The proximity meter you see on the monitor is a Real Sense display, it is not generated by the OA. OA does not display any meter on the monitor.

The H Plus with Real Sense does NOT prevent a gear up landing, OA on or off. The fail safe against landing with gear up is now gone from the Real Sense V2.

Last edited:
I have two H480’s and both could be landed with the gear up from day one. Just like a real airplane, assuring the gear is down before landing is a human brain exercise.

My experience with RealSense on the TH480 is that it would hover at 20-30' up rather than actually land if the gear were up.

I think the clue is in the name "Landing Gear" down when your near the ground.

Just like a real airplane, assuring the gear is down before landing is a human brain exercise.
This is so rudimentary it shouldn't need explaining. Anyone who lands any aircraft with the gear up (malfunction notwithstanding), especially an unmanned aircraft you are looking at in front of you, and can plainly see the position of the landing gear as you approach, is, ...well, ...hmm, ...what word am I looking for here??

This is so rudimentary it shouldn't need explaining. Anyone who lands any aircraft with the gear up (malfunction notwithstanding), especially an unmanned aircraft you are looking at in front of you, and can plainly see the position of the landing gear as you approach, is, ...well, ...hmm, ...what word am I looking for here??He or she shouldn’t be flying. Well not saying it can’t happen but it good to have that extra edge.

I just fixed the problem, I disconnected the realsense clean it up a bit and put it back together and now it works. Thanks guys
Did you find dirt on the downward facing sensors? They are also used for the IPS mode for indoor flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop