Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Landing Gear Wires

Reaction score
Hey All,

So I've had my breeze for about a month now and hope to use it in our travel videos we produce soon. My question is, What are the wires that lead into the landing gear for?

When testing the indoor flight mode something happened with the wifi signal and i was unable to stop the breeze from drifting into the ceiling... suffice to say she ended up on the hardwood floor with a couple battle scars.. nothing major damaged with the exception of one of the landing gear legs popped off and was laying next to the breeze with a wire attached to the leg but not the drone.

I put everything back together and have been able to fly it multiple times since, however I periodically lose wifi connection especially after a certain distance (no where near the 285ft height max, more like 140-150ft). I am wondering if that wire is supposed to be connected to something important in regards to wifi connection? I see that one of the other landing gear has the same wire and it is attached to something inside the drone but I'm at a loss for what the wires are used for since the drone and all of its functions work apparently fine even without one of those wires being connected to anything .

So I guess my questions are...
1) whats the wire for?
2)whats it connected to?
3) is it possible to repair?

I've searched everywhere for this and was unable to find exactly the answer i needed so i apologize in advance if this has been answered before and would appreciate direction to the thread if it has.

Thanks!

Hey All,

So I've had my breeze for about a month now and hope to use it in our travel videos we produce soon. My question is, What are the wires that lead into the landing gear for?

When testing the indoor flight mode something happened with the wifi signal and i was unable to stop the breeze from drifting into the ceiling... suffice to say she ended up on the hardwood floor with a couple battle scars.. nothing major damaged with the exception of one of the landing gear legs popped off and was laying next to the breeze with a wire attached to the leg but not the drone.

I put everything back together and have been able to fly it multiple times since, however I periodically lose wifi connection especially after a certain distance (no where near the 285ft height max, more like 140-150ft). I am wondering if that wire is supposed to be connected to something important in regards to wifi connection? I see that one of the other landing gear has the same wire and it is attached to something inside the drone but I'm at a loss for what the wires are used for since the drone and all of its functions work apparently fine even without one of those wires being connected to anything .

1) whats the wire for?
2)whats it connected to?

I've searched everywhere for this and was unable to find exactly the answer i needed so i apologize in advance if this has been answered before and would appreciate direction to the thread if it has.

Thanks!
Hi,
Both wires are supposed to be connected to something inside the body of the drone. So it might well be, that one wire tore off as a result of the crash.
My best guess would be that these two wires are the "cold counterbalance" of the wifi antenna(s). (Any OM here to clarify?) That would mean that the loss of one wire could reduce the distance of reliable signal transmission.
Though it seems to be not mission critical I'd rather have it fixed than risking the loss of a drone.
On Youtube you can find instructions how to remove the bottom of your breeze. So you can get access to the board where the wire is supposed to be soldered onto - provided this is your thing to do. The alternative would be a repair at yuneec's.
HTH

Yes, it's likely the antenna wire which would attach to a board inside the Breeze. These are usually snap on connections so if the wire (coax) is broken you may need to call Yuneec to get a new wire it you are going to repair it yourself.

Hey All,

1) whats the wire for?
2)whats it connected to?

Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out? Did you buy new wires? I'm asking because I have experienced the same thing. Wondering if there is any documentation out there on how to do repairs on the Breeze.

For me, I just pushed it back in the leg. Seem to work fine, no issues. Although, I haven't tried a longer distance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis