Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lesson on Telemtry data. Useful for Pilot log book?

Reaction score
Anyone know how to use the telemetry data to fill out a pilots log book say a week after a flight. You know, for those lazy days where you just want to get home for a beer and forget to fill out the days flights.

If your ST16 has the correct date and time then the telemetry will have all that data. If you use UAV Toolbox it will display the info you need. Otherwise you can load it to Exmaps or read it with Excel.

Sorry to bring this old thing back to top.
Is there anybody who knows what are the requirements for flight records in US, Canada or other counties. I have currently the following data in the flight record (text or CSV format):

Example:
Vehicle type : Yuneec Q500
Date : 2017-03-12 from 16:35:37 to 16:45:46
Duration : 00:10:09
Start position : Google Maps
Address : Unnamed Road, 86498 Kettershausen, Germany
Mode : Angle mode (Purple solid)
Ceiling : 239.8m
Distance : 397.8m
Length of trip : 2320.0m
Top speed : 34.5km/h
Avrg. speed : 13.7km/h
Remaining LiPo : 10.4V = ~2%

Would this be enough or is there another request by authorities?

If you have the discipline to collect all you FlightLogs in one directory on your PC, then you may use "q500log2kml" to create flight records. It scans the whole directory for Yuneec FlightLogs and put the stuff together.

br HE

Sorry to bring this old thing back to top.
Is there anybody who knows what are the requirements for flight records in US, Canada or other counties. I have currently the following data in the flight record (text or CSV format):

Example:
Vehicle type : Yuneec Q500
Date : 2017-03-12 from 16:35:37 to 16:45:46
Duration : 00:10:09
Start position : Google Maps
Address : Unnamed Road, 86498 Kettershausen, Germany
Mode : Angle mode (Purple solid)
Ceiling : 239.8m
Distance : 397.8m
Length of trip : 2320.0m
Top speed : 34.5km/h
Avrg. speed : 13.7km/h
Remaining LiPo : 10.4V = ~2%

Would this be enough or is there another request by authorities?

If you have the discipline to collect all you FlightLogs in one directory on your PC, then you may use "q500log2kml" to create flight records. It scans the whole directory for Yuneec FlightLogs and put the stuff together.

br HE
I don't know about other countries requirements but in the U.K. the CAA requirements for commercial operations logs is very basic.

Although I do keep detailed logs for my own use, I also run another log for CAA requirements that only details basic fields which are:
Date of flight;
Type of sUAS used;
Flight activity (this would only say 'Videography', or 'Photography' or both);
Flight duration (this is in minutes);
Accumulated hours (this in hours and minutes).

This is done in a month-by-month basis and I sign it off every month. However, each month shows the flight time accumulated over all previous months so it would show, say, 3 hours and 50 minutes done that month, and 80 hours and 20 minutes, say, overall.

Apart from me renewing my PfCO, The CAA has never called my logbook in for inspection. The only times they have seen it is at my renewal time for PfCO...although they can call it in at any time so it's still important to keep it up to date just in case they do.

Thanks for reply. The flight duration accumulated per month is a good point. I need to think about it. As long as the FlightLog ar in time order, this is easy. But if not, then effort will be increase...

Currently I have only the flight duration in total.

br HE

FAA is not very intensive either. Type of A/C, tail number, day or night, conditions; VFR/IFR, locations, # take offs and landings, PIC or Second in Command, instruction given or received, length of flight in time, cross country or local flight. Accumulated time is normally done at the bottom of each page. Paper log books are still the general standard.

OK, thanks. I will add the possibility to enter serial number or any other ID (free text) to the header of the flight record (coming soon).
Some items are not in the telemetry and cannot be added automatically to the flight record.
In this case it would be good to use CSV Format and add missing stuff in the table (Excel or Libre Calc or something like that) to prepare a record.

br HE

Never provide more info than is legally required. Maintain all the records you want but never, ever make reference to or otherwise disclose them in official communications. They don’t initially know what to do with the extra info and it provides paths for them to take in seeking additional violations. I advise obtaining a copy of an official Pilot’s Log for the region in which you fly and follow that format.

I agree with Pat. Don't offer information that isn't requested.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I also list the PIC name which, incidentally is always just me. But I still write it down for every flight.

I don't need to include the serial number of an aircraft...just the type of aircraft, since the serial numbers of my aircraft are detailed in my Operations Manual which is submitted to the CAA for approval every year.

Also, my detailed log book is in a spreadsheet...only I see that, but my log book for the CAA is done in 'Word' in a table format so that is it easily printable.

You are right, never give away more than requested. My aim was different. I want to collect as much as possible what can be retrieved automatically from FlightLogs and provide it in usable format. Of course everybody can delete what he want before hand out it to others. Automatism should decrease the effort to collect the needed data for user in different countries.

The possibility to add serial number and/or vehicle type to header of the flight report is now in (and online). It is free text (the Copter-ID) and can be left empty.

Windows: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval