Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Level Ground before takeoff

Reaction score
Blew 10 min. of good footage today by not making sure I was totally level before liftoff. Saw it on the transmitter during flight but thought it was just lens distortion. My bad!!!
"Learn by doing." ( the wrong thing. )

Blew 10 min. of good footage today by not making sure I was totally level before liftoff. Saw it on the transmitter during flight but thought it was just lens distortion. My bad!!!

Bob,
Stuff happens. That is why we share oversights in this forum, for fellow droners to take note of. I almost went airborne with my camera gimbal cover one time, good thing I had a reflective Velcro wrapped around the gimbal cover. Now, I added a dangling flag on the cover to be more visible reminder to unwrap the camera before flight.

Bob,
Stuff happens. That is why we share oversights in this forum, for fellow droners to take note of. I almost went airborne with my camera gimbal cover one time, good thing I had a reflective Velcro wrapped around the gimbal cover. Now, I added a dangling flag on the cover to be more visible reminder to unwrap the camera before flight.

Another item for my Pre-Flight Checklist.
Here is an excerpt from "TILT"

I've read where some guys are painting the gimbal cover either red or yellow as a visual reminder. It had been suggested to Yuneec to make them a bright color.

I don't know where it's written.
Every time you fire up the quad, the gimbal does is calibration. Whatever the grade of the surface, left to right is, is how the camera/gimbal sees things. The forward facing ends of things doesn't matter as much since we control that with the TX.

So, BEFORE hitting the drones 'on switch', make sure it's reasonably level side to side.
Have fun!

I don't know where it's written.
Every time you fire up the quad, the gimbal does is calibration. Whatever the grade of the surface, left to right is, is how the camera/gimbal sees things. The forward facing ends of things doesn't matter as much since we control that with the TX.

So, BEFORE hitting the drones 'on switch', make sure it's reasonably level side to side.
Have fun!

Cool beans !!!:cool:

Bob,

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT (in Red) good advice Roland, did you buy it online?

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT (in Red) good advice Roland, did you buy it online?

It is actually just a 6 inch red Velcro added to the Velcro that holds my gimbal protector in place. Someone suggested spray painting the gimbal protector in red or yellow.

These are not self leveling but they are as level as you can get:

Amazon.com: 20" Quadcopter Helipad: Toys & Games

I use my box that the Typhoon is stored and with a level app on my phone I adjust accordingly. There are a lot of free leveling apps available.

I've read where some guys are painting the gimbal cover either red or yellow as a visual reminder. It had been suggested to Yuneec to make them a bright color.
Here is what I did for mine, to make sure I dont forget the 2 most important things to do before flying:
1. Remove the Gimbal Cover
2. Be sure the Radio is in Angle Mode

CIMG9685.JPG CIMG9686.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval