Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lose mantis q/lost connection with drone and motor error

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I have lost my mantis q while I was flaying it.. I have check the last location but is not showing right, the “ last location “ is not there I was flaying my drone..
I took it so google earth and got the right location but Is nothing there..
I have also try to open the files and get the fly sensor But I don’t know how to do it right.
Help me please.. I have being in contact with Yuneec but they said that when drones for motor errors and fly away they can’t take it on warranty.
How can I open those files and do we have someone in here that can do it for me ? A8E1E0D8-0EB0-4AD8-B571-60C67FEE0081.jpegB77174DB-CA32-4F97-8C94-60E10B87C0B5.jpeg

Try getting the files using the steps in this thread. How To: Retrieve Mantis Q Telemetry (Sensor) Files

Then post the zip file here using the Attach files button.

I have try that but I’m new on this.. I don’t know how to make it work. Can I post the file here and somebody helping me with that ?

I think this is the file I don’t know.
This is also the last video before losing contact with the drone

Attachments

• FlyLog_2020_04_17_14_15_49.zip
    90.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 0_100MEDIA_YUN00036_20200417142147.png
    0_100MEDIA_YUN00036_20200417142147.png
    982 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
If you were able to get the files off the phone and zipped, just use the Attach files button, select the zip file, then Post Reply. We can then try to analyze the telemetry contained in the file and report the results. I am surprised Yuneec did not have you do that. If within the warranty period, motor errors are grounds for warranty repair/replacement, but they always request the telemetry to verify the customers claims.

If you were able to get the files off the phone and zipped, just use the Attach files button, select the zip file, then Post Reply. We can then try to analyze the telemetry contained in the file and report the results. I am surprised Yuneec did not have you do that. If within the warranty period, motor errors are grounds for warranty repair/replacement, but they always request the telemetry to verify the customers claims.

Look this is what they said. And in another email they said that motor error is not a warranty case.. I don’t know how to bring the drone back to them if I did not found it yet.. I have search for 4 days in 1 week. And have not found it yet.
I’m very sad for this trouble I got in losing the drone..

Attachments

• C14F17DD-72DA-4C9C-BBEC-FED9402311F8.png
    C14F17DD-72DA-4C9C-BBEC-FED9402311F8.png
    144 KB · Views: 16
It would depend on the reason for the motor error, which can sometimes be determined by what is found in the telemetry files. Of course warranty rules differ by country or region so it may be different than here in the US where I am at.

If you can retrieve the telemetry from the phone we can possibly help you find the Mantis.

It would depend on the reason for the motor error, which can sometimes be determined by what is found in the telemetry files. Of course warranty rules differ by country or region so it may be different than here in the US where I am at.

If you can retrieve the telemetry from the phone we can possibly help you find the Mantis.

Is this right file ?
I’m living in Sweden. And the store i buy the drone for told me that motor error are a warranty case

Attachments

• FlyLog_2020_04_17_14_15_49.zip
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
Sorry to take so long to get back with you. I took a look at the file using Q500log2kml by @h-elsner. The applog for this file shows that for this flightlog the aircraft launched 03:25 (3 min 25 sec) after start of file (power on usually). In 19 seconds flight mode is changed to Sport Mode. & seconds later you get a low battery alarm and return to launch is advised, another is recieved 30 seconds later. 2 seconds after that the aircraft is disarmed by abnormal motor at Motor3. Most likely the motor with the highest current draw at the time.

I hate to say this, but a bad motor is not the cause of the loss. A seriously depleting battery and continuance of the flight after warning to return was issued.

Attachments

• AppLog2020-04-24.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 5
Sorry to take so long to get back with you. I took a look at the file using Q500log2kml by @h-elsner. The applog for this file shows that for this flightlog the aircraft launched 03:25 (3 min 25 sec) after start of file (power on usually). In 19 seconds flight mode is changed to Sport Mode. & seconds later you get a low battery alarm and return to launch is advised, another is recieved 30 seconds later. 2 seconds after that the aircraft is disarmed by abnormal motor at Motor3. Most likely the motor with the highest current draw at the time.

I hate to say this, but a bad motor is not the cause of the loss. A seriously depleting battery and continuance of the flight after warning to return was issued.

Is that all you can see ? You cant see the critical, speed, high ?

Sorry, I removed the other program from my computer months ago that would get GPS position and trace the flight path. I don't own the Mantis and there is very little following for it on the forum. @h-elsner may be able to give you more info. We have no tech types that own the Mantis and get involved on the forum.

Sorry, I removed the other program from my computer months ago that would get GPS position and trace the flight path. I don't own the Mantis and there is very little following for it on the forum. @h-elsner may be able to give you more info. We have no tech types that own the Mantis and get involved on the forum.

Okej what the name of the program ? And I have seeing others mantis owner writing about loosing the drone and people that have helped them with the gps location and other stuff. That’s why I ask about it. But thanks for the help anyways

What do I do next ? I’m afraid to lose my money.. in nothing. I afraid I never finde it again. But I hope for the best.

Last edited:
ArduPilot Mission Planner. Unfortunately without the aircraft the ulog files can't be retrieved. Hopefully @h-elsner will get a chance to look at your file. He is better equipped than I am.

Reactions: Flackco
The file contains only RC-Channels, Local_postion_ned and Statustext; no GPS raw data or other messages that I currently can decode. Surprisiungly also no haertbeat messages.
Here are all detailled data that are in as CSV file (not much, really):

For Mantis Q I would expect flight log files that are larger and have filename stating with sensor_{timestamp} or yuneec_{timestamp}.log.
Can you check if you find something like that on your mobile phone or whatever device you use for the flight-app.

br HE

Attachments

• FlyLog_2020_04_17_14_15_49csv.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Okej what the name of the program ? And I have seeing others mantis owner writing about loosing the drone and people that have helped them with the gps location and other stuff. That’s why I ask about it. But thanks for the help anyways

What do I do next ? I’m afraid to lose my money.. in nothing. I afraid I never finde it again. But I hope for the best.

I dont see the sensor files..

What you Seeing in the photo is all I have.

Attachments

• 7DE8052A-EA81-4D01-9B28-56AE12194BC9.png
    7DE8052A-EA81-4D01-9B28-56AE12194BC9.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 9
There is somehow a gap in the flightlog. I have to check if this is a problem with my tool or the file. However, here is the result as KML file from the first, untested version of q500log2kml which can now check the MAV message GLOBAL_POSITION_INT.

Attachments

• FlyLog_2020_04_17_14_15_49kml.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 1

Attachments

• A6B788EC-7D03-498A-84EA-214503819A45.png
    A6B788EC-7D03-498A-84EA-214503819A45.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 660B3CA2-39CB-4FF7-A038-9A619B7C96E7.png
    660B3CA2-39CB-4FF7-A038-9A619B7C96E7.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics