Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LOVE the new Firmware features!

so now with the new white balance adjustments captain do you recommend still locking in your white balance?

Yes, I never fly on Auto White Balance. The only setting I ever use is SUNRISE/SUNSET. It seems to be the only one that gets the blues & greens a bit more correct. Sometimes if I'm pointing at water or the ground, I'll stick it on AUTO then hit LOCK.

They did change the LOCK for the Exposure. Now when you touch the AUTO and it changes to "M", the ISO adjusts to the correct setting but the exposure does not. You have to manually adjust it now. Most sunny days it takes a nice image with a shutter speed of around 1/800 second. If you go lower, you kinda then need ND filters.

It does seem, to me anyways, that in this firmware upgrade they have tweaked the speed of the exposure. If you fly in auto, the exposure tends to change much slower, which is a good thing. I think with each firmware upgrade they'll keep tweaking camera functions.

Okay my question is I never updated it with the previous update. Any issues going from stock to this version?
The only updated I did was when I first got it. I never applied the one after that which was the previous one.

The IT guy in me tells me there is no need to be on the previous firmware as it overwrites everything but this is Yuneec we are talking about. i:)i

Just checking first.

Never mind, logic tells me everything is overwritten so there will be no issues, sorry. Just tired.

I am extremely behind in playing with this thing. I am also behind in keeping up on the forums here, sorry.

BTW Thanks CD, great information.

I'm 99.9% sure that you can jump from FIRMWARE update zero to FIRMWARE update 3 with no issues. I say this because earlier this year I received a DJI Phantom which had not been updated in over a year. I was jumping from the very first firmware to 6 versions later. It took a full 30 minutes to update, but it brought it up to speed and everything worked perfectly. I'd say the Typhoon is no different. If there were an issue then I'm sure Yuneec would indicate this in the release notes. Good luck!

I am a little confused about the feature mentioned at 4:10. The one about the yaw stick changing the direction.
I am not sure what exactly the copter is doing when you are pushing left and right on the yaw stick.

Yes, I never fly on Auto White Balance. The only setting I ever use is SUNRISE/SUNSET. It seems to be the only one that gets the blues & greens a bit more correct. Sometimes if I'm pointing at water or the ground, I'll stick it on AUTO then hit LOCK.

They did change the LOCK for the Exposure. Now when you touch the AUTO and it changes to "M", the ISO adjusts to the correct setting but the exposure does not. You have to manually adjust it now. Most sunny days it takes a nice image with a shutter speed of around 1/800 second. If you go lower, you kinda then need ND filters.

It does seem, to me anyways, that in this firmware upgrade they have tweaked the speed of the exposure. If you fly in auto, the exposure tends to change much slower, which is a good thing. I think with each firmware upgrade they'll keep tweaking camera functions.
I was so excited when I learned about the exposure lock feature. It was a major disappointment when they removed it in the new firmware.
I can't see why it would be removed. Since it was initially intended to be used for a lock, I wonder if in the reprogramming it was disabled due to it not being a sought after feature.

I was so excited when I learned about the exposure lock feature. It was a major disappointment when they removed it in the new firmware.
I can't see why it would be removed. Since it was initially intended to be used for a lock, I wonder if in the reprogramming it was disabled due to it not being a sought after feature.

I thought you can still lock exposure?

I am a little confused about the feature mentioned at 4:10. The one about the yaw stick changing the direction.
I am not sure what exactly the copter is doing when you are pushing left and right on the yaw stick.
When you use the D-PAD on the right to send the Typhoon H off in one of the 4 directions, you can then change that direction with the Left joystick. It will carry on at the same speed while now going on at a different direction. Or if you wish you can send it off in a direction with the D-PAD and then spin it to face another direction while still continuing on in the original direction. In summary, you don't have to keep using the D-PAD to make it go forward, then left, then right, etc. You can just send it off forward and then change the orientation or direction with the left joystick.

It still goes into lock mode but now you have to select the shutter speed. I think they really wanted to make "manual" mode, "manual"

When you use the D-PAD on the right to send the Typhoon H off in one of the 4 directions, you can then change that direction with the Left joystick. It will carry on at the same speed while now going on at a different direction. Or if you wish you can send it off in a direction with the D-PAD and then spin it to face another direction while still continuing on in the original direction. In summary, you don't have to keep using the D-PAD to make it go forward, then left, then right, etc. You can just send it off forward and then change the orientation or direction with the left joystick.
Good info. Thanks!

It still goes into lock mode but now you have to select the shutter speed. I think they really wanted to make "manual" mode, "manual"
You still could set the shutter speed before, but now it jumps to some kind of default instead off locking into whatever shutter speed was selected from auto.
Not a big deal, but was a time saver on dialing in a setting.

I found myself accidentally touching the left D-Pad while flying in Angle mode, thereby changing exposure or WB. That can ruin the video. I have since turned off that feature. Unfortunately, that also turns off the trim function on the right D-Pad. Can always turn it back on when needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430