Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

LOVE the new Firmware features!

Thanks for the great video. Gives me something to aspire to. However... having done the updates successfully --My "D" pad does not work at all. And I can't find where to turn off the LEDS. Can you please give more specifics? Or help with some trouble shooting tips? :) Thanks

As a follow-on to my video showing "how to update the firmware on the Typhoon H & ST16", I made a quick video about the new features.

This is one firmware update where I really like the new features. I can certainly make use of all of them! Well done Yuneec!

Here is the vid:

Thanks for the vid. One question though.

How did you turn your COD tee into a Deep Purple tee? Amazing. ;)

Thanks for the work!

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
Thanks for the great video. Gives me something to aspire to. However... having done the updates successfully --My "D" pad does not work at all. And I can't find where to turn off the LEDS. Can you please give more specifics? Or help with some trouble shooting tips? :) Thanks

The led switch and also the RTH adjustable height features are in the calibration menu,tap calibration on right hand side and you will see the new menu options.
you need to enable the D-pad functions for them to work,which are in the menu settings.

Eventually some manufacturer is bound to figure out the magic formula.

Create one great multi. Keep updating it and adding features to keep selling more and more of them, instead of having to go back to the drawing board every 6 months to create a new multi of the month. The second is not a sustainable model.

Reactions: stevemitchell
As a follow-on to my video showing "how to update the firmware on the Typhoon H & ST16", I made a quick video about the new features.

This is one firmware update where I really like the new features. I can certainly make use of all of them! Well done Yuneec!

Here is the vid:
Another well done vid, Captain. As an aside, just wondering to myself why you continually approach the camera and then back off. Is this intentional or a "coffee thing"? Not criticising, btw. ;)

Here is the vid:

Excellent video! Thanks for doing this and keep them coming!

Another well done vid, Captain. As an aside, just wondering to myself why you continually approach the camera and then back off. Is this intentional or a "coffee thing"? Not criticising, btw. ;)
Ha ha, You probably wouldn't be far off with the "coffee thing"... I really need to cut down.

thanks Captain for the vid. Tee sales new job?

so now with the new white balance adjustments captain do you recommend still locking in your white balance?

so now with the new white balance adjustments captain do you recommend still locking in your white balance?

Most certainly I think so. Nothing worse than the grass going purple etc. If a locked video clip is the wrong colour it is easy to sort it out. If you are on auto wb the colour is subtly changing all the time just like auto exposure.

Reactions: Jussaguy
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS LOCK IN YOUR WHITE BALANCE!!!!

In reality as long as you have your WB locked, it doesn't matter if you have it set so that your face is purple if you are in the shot and the sky is green. As long as it's not on auto, you can fix the temperature in post and it's the one post variable that doesn't matter what you do unless you have it on auto.

If you have a deep white or a deep black you can click on it and get perfect colors.

I feel like I've explained this a lot on the Pilots forums but white balance is nothing more than a compass for your color. White or black balancing is your north for the rest of the colors.

Ideally, you should shoot a color board at the beginning of the take/flight so you can use that but you don't need to. There is always a good white or black somewhere in the vid.

Never auto white balance and it doesn't matter if you get your color temp wrong or right while shooting unless you do zero posting in which case, forget what I'm saying.

Otherwise, just make sure your color temp is consistent, that's all that matters.

Exposure, brightness, etc is a different beast. You can fix that stuff in post too but it can create artifacts, or might not be fixable but again and I know I'm being repetitive but color temp is a constant and it doesn't matter how wrong it is as long as it's the same.

If it's on auto, it's constantly changing and you can't do anything to it in post without keyframing the color temp and believe me, that is something you don't want to do.

So, yes, lock in your white balance and never even look at auto.

Most certainly I think so. Nothing worse than the grass going purple etc. If a locked video clip is the wrong colour it is easy to sort it out. If you are on auto wb the colour is subtly changing all the time just like auto exposure.

Exaxtamundo.

Okay my question is I never updated it with the previous update. Any issues going from stock to this version?
The only updated I did was when I first got it. I never applied the one after that which was the previous one.

The IT guy in me tells me there is no need to be on the previous firmware as it overwrites everything but this is Yuneec we are talking about. i:)i

Just checking first.

Never mind, logic tells me everything is overwritten so there will be no issues, sorry. Just tired.

I am extremely behind in playing with this thing. I am also behind in keeping up on the forums here, sorry.

BTW Thanks CD, great information.

Last edited:
Lovin' your informative videos so figured I'd better sub so I don't miss out on any new ones. Thanks.

Okay my question is I never updated it with the previous update. Any issues going from stock to this version?
The only updated I did was when I first got it. I never applied the one after that which was the previous one.

The IT guy in me tells me there is no need to be on the previous firmware as it overwrites everything but this is Yuneec we are talking about. i:)i

Just checking first.

Never mind, logic tells me everything is overwritten so there will be no issues, sorry. Just tired.

I am extremely behind in playing with this thing. I am also behind in keeping up on the forums here, sorry.

BTW Thanks CD, great information.
Just do it ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech