Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mac users: Can't delete files from SD card

Reaction score
So, my SD card is filling up and when I put it in my MacBook Pro I can't get delete the files. In my quest for an answer I see ally of info about formatting your SD cards in the camera you intend to use it in to avoid corruption of the card.

Problem is you can't to my knowledge reformat the card in CGO3+ camera on the H.

How do I free up my SD card?

Not sure what your problem may be, but I've successfully formated the SD card on my MBP. Used Disk Utility and formated both FAT32 and ExFAT with no problems.

I've formatted mine in a mac no problem....have you checked to see that the slider on the SD card adapter is not switched to lock. If it locked you can't format.

Alos is a good time before you format, to copy the Yuneec supplied manuals and video from that card to your hard drive...if you have not already done.

So, my SD card is filling up and when I put it in my MacBook Pro I can't get delete the files. In my quest for an answer I see ally of info about formatting your SD cards in the camera you intend to use it in to avoid corruption of the card.

Problem is you can't to my knowledge reformat the card in CGO3+ camera on the H.

How do I free up my SD card?
Go into disk utility and erase the card, It'll work fine after that. to check, click get info while highlighted on the card and it'll tell you how much space is available.

The way I delete my files is just dragging and droping the files into the trash bin and then I just emtied the trash bin. I have an iMac and works just fine every time.

I'm able to delete the files from Finder on my iMac without issues. An alternative to formatting from disk utility is to use the CG03 app on your iPad as that has a format option.

Install card in ST16 and turn on power ,Go to tablet and select file manager, select external sd Card and then DCIM and then 100MEDIA, push arrow right side of screen and you can now select delete. I had problem with new sd Card and installed it in ST16 and selected settings external sd card and did select format and was now possible to use Card.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 5
I was using the Sandisk adapter and didn't realise it had the lock switch! Doh!

If I do format the card what file system does the H prefer?

You can use ST16 and format Card . I have new SD Card and IT was possible to record video but not possible to play video with ST16 and after format Card inserted in ST16 IT was possible to play video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval