Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mapping with the H Plus

Reaction score
Materials that has gathered from today's flight was collected by the H+ waypoints generated using CCC and the materials rendered via AutoCad Recap Pro.

Dear Yuneec, patch the video lag, as well, as the slow controller GPS connectivity, and we need an expo/curve settings.

Thanks.

Autocad is that a program anyone can download for the HPLUS? How does one use it?

AutoCAD - Wikipedia

The core development was done by a programmer located in Western Massachusetts, not accredited in the Wikipage, that was an Atari 3rd party game developer, and had created a similar program for the Atari 520 ST. This become the core of the initial successful Autocad, so it had it's root in game developers.

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Oh yea , I get a lot of responses from it.
Example, today at a fire station they remarked about the tray how nice it looked.
I mentioned It's all carbon fiber.

The idea is good n’ great, looking good is one thing, but if the bird is a no go, then all is just for show. In the field, there’s a saying “Less talk, no gimmicks”

If you dont know who or what AutoCAD is or AutoDesk. You probably won't know how to use it. Just an FYI

Hahahaha! Flashback.. I was watching All or Nothing: Dallas Cowboys and the coach said something similar in those lines “If you don’t know what it is and it’s for, You’re a moron, son”

Reactions: JackMTaco
r.p.r.

Could you tell me more about recap pro?
If you have a recap pro subscription, can you also use recap photo?
Do you pay extra costs for the number of photos using recap photo (credits or something) or subscription ?
Does the recap photo only make a point cloud, or does it make a 3D scene, an orthophotomap?
Is there any tool in recap photo or pro for calculating earth masses?
Is there a free scene viewer for client?
Is it possible to export to revit?
Is it possible to edit the point cloud?
Can you create a mesh ?
I will try to record a movie from the 3D scene, I will show what I mean.

The price compared to Context capture is very attractive and the subscription is more flexible.

r.p.r.

Do you pay extra costs for the number of photos using recap photo (credits or something) or subscription ?
Does the recap photo only make a point cloud, or does it make a 3D scene, an orthophotomap?
Can you create a mesh ?
I will try to record a movie from the 3D scene, I will show what I mean.

The price compared to Context capture is very attractive and the subscription is more flexible.

All the need info. can be found in Autodesk website. If you wan to keep everything in house and have more control in tailoring the output to your client(s) needs in Recap Pro is the way to go. You will find that DD and Pix4D platforms are based of Autodesk, with other implementations, such as ESRI's Drone2Map.

Yes, it is included. The only tool that has been eliminated is Recap 360.

Cloud credits is $10 a month, but don't pay for credits, just save your work as a workable file, and turn over a rendered output to your client(s)

Yes, that is what it is intended to do.

Yes, if you are doing volumetric work, create a KML output and upload in goggle earth for GIS and Geospatial data.

Since you have control to what you give to your clients, you can turn over your final output in any files that they can relate to. Or if you just want your client to view your 3D Map, you can give them a link to the final output in "RealView"

Most definitely, you can do a roundtrip workflow seamlessly with ALL civil engineering software platforms, specially if you are dealing with architects, designers, or just about anyone that needs a certain file output.

Yes, generally you can edit point clouds, before meshing. The old ways was fixing it in CloudCompare, and 3DReshaper. AutoDesk did not left small details when they created RecapPro.

Can you create a mesh?

Yes. The workflow are still the same. To create a map you need a point cloud, Mesh, and Texture.
Point cloud will depend on the accuracy data of your material, if one of your photo is blurry where the program cannot identity the material it will not cache it in the cloud and will eliminate this material (Same as DD and Pix4D) and this will lead to a hole in your mesh. Instead of using MeshLab to combat this problem in fixing the hole. You can do it directly within Recap Pro.

Lastly, you can create a scene.

And just to recap.... Recap Pro you have more control, having more control means that you have to understand your platform, because it is not a drop and load, plug n' play program, and if you understand Revit, which is one of the most advance program that AutoDesk has built, after AutoCad. Then Recap Pro should not be hard to understand, but it took me a while to understand the program that I opted to take a class in my local community college just to learn and understand the program outside of Youtube University.

One of my first mapping experiment with the H Plus.
That I rendered in Recap Pro and doctored (filled the mesh) in MeshLab.

Using a 3D party mapping solution platform, such as DD and Pix4D is the easiest route, but your workflow is "just like everyone else"

COLMAP
Meshroom
MicMac
Regard3D
VisualSFM
Autodesk ReCap
Photomodeler
Pix4D
DroneDeploy
3DF Zephyr
Agisoft PhotoScan
iWitnessPRO
IMAGINE Photogrammetry
Bentley ContextCapture

To name a few. Once you start tailoring your services, you can save as well as earn more profit, since 90% of the clients does not require you to gather extensive details, and volume. There are materials that all you need to do is snap one photo or series of photos to be turned over to the engineering team or media, so they can do the measuring or design. Work smart, and faster, means you can add more clients in your rooster.

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 10.47.50 AM.png

Reactions: JackMTaco
Thanks for the information.
I made a few scenes in ContextCapture, also point clouds and orthophotomaps, its a great program, but expensive.
I work more on the Bentley platform (microstation, cc, power civil etc.). But because of Revit and the price of recap photo, maybe it will be a better solution. I will see the demo version. I worry about the hardware requirements 128gb ram is a lot :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
costimarcos