Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mounting the CGO3+ Pro to something and get pan/tilt from the controller (st16)

Reaction score
I want to mount the Gimbal and Camera to a camera dolly, It has power and works to stabilize. Using Pins for power. Pins labeled TX and PWN are not connected (should they be?) and I want to use an ST16 to control the pan/tilt of the gimbal. I have tried ALOT of ways, but pan and tilt ONLY work on the drone powered up. Is there a software hack or hardware work around? I Plan to drive the rig indoors where a drone can't fly and yet get fly like shots. I have a pseudo-electronic background and in testing the TX pin is chatty when monitored on the oscilloscope. I'm looking for any advice to make it work. During setup and testing, it worked once. We used the ST16 and pan/tilted the gimbal and the camera was powered across the room on am 11.1 volt source. It never worked again after that and I have tried every setting of the ST16 switches. Even tried to map the pan and tilt to the right stick (no drone remember). In the steadycam grip there is a board to set the pwm up or down a volt to tilt it, or set to .5 volts for tracking (based on the mode switch).

Could I just hook a RC receiver to the pwm and get pan/tilt or to tx/pwm (with power to the receiver of course)?

Is there a software hack to make the gimbal'd cam think it's still on a drone or at least allowed to pan/tilt?

Video works great, just not pan/tilt. Ideas? Not worried about warranties here, but I have a live shoot to do in 8 days and I need to control the pan/tilt remotely.

Thx all,
- Neil P.

Reactions: Producer
Don't think I can help much with this one, but....I think the pan and tilt are transmitted from the ST16 to the H on the 2.4 GHz signal rather than the 5.8 for the video. The H has to convert the signal and send it to the camera gimbal. I know of no way to emulate that.

Is there a way you could mount the H on the rig, as opposed to just the CGO3? Then you'd have normal pan and tilt control on the ST-16. If it's securely in the rig, you could remove the landing gear. I know there was some past thread with a pilot trying to rig his H to a zip line type of camera dolly setup.

You need a Yuneec ActionCam. I found mine on eBay. Make sure it is the one with the silver base and rechargeable battery. It works perfectly with the CGO3+ camera/gimbal. I use mine with the car as the dolly. I see no reason why the ST-16 can't run the system instead of the CGO app. Check this out:

You need a Yuneec ActionCam. I found mine on eBay. Make sure it is the one with the silver base and rechargeable battery. It works perfectly with the CGO3+ camera/gimbal. I use mine with the car as the dolly. I see no reason why the ST-16 can't run the system instead of the CGO app. Check this out:
Well, I should have tried it before posting. With the CGO3+ on the ActionCam, the ST-16 can view/start/stop video but it has no control over pan and tilt functions.

While this is on subject, it may be a different path than you were wanting to go. I use an aftermarket three axis gimbal (Zhiyun Crane-M) to mount my Panasonic LX 10 for interior/ground work. It is wifi enabled and can be operated via a smart phone but you can also purchase a little remote to operate it. It has many modes and has 360 degrees on all axis. The one I have is for DSLRs and Point and Shoot cameras but they make a version for small action cams and cell phones that are fairly inexpensive but would probably do the job you need and since you're in a pinch, (7 days left?) - this might be an option.

Crane.jpg

Remote

710%2B2sXoBRL._SL1000_.jpg

Well, I should have tried it before posting. With the CGO3+ on the ActionCam, the ST-16 can view/start/stop video but it has no control over pan and tilt functions.
I have my action cam on Ebay right now.. never used it enough..with a CG03 and 16gb and case. I WANT the new PLUS camera!

Action cam grip can do the tilt function. As there is no transmitter in it this is done by hardware so it should be reproducable with different hardware then the grip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval