Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H+ just flew away using 750 firmware! Can't find drone anywhere! **Now with updated Telemetry***

Yes, I am serious. It isn't just about the satellite count. It takes time to download the almanac. The time required on the first flight of the day or following a firmware update is much longer than the following flights.
Also, if one goes by the color coding Yuneec applies to the satellite count numbers, they do not turn GREEN until the count is 11 or higher. I think the coding is 0-5: red, 6-10: yellow, 11 and greater: GREEN.

Turn on your ST16S a few minutes prior to your planned takeoff. Turn on the H+ a couple of minutes before. No need to spin up the props until takeoff so this doesn't hurt your battery supply very much.

So my drone took off from a location I wasn't at? Again.. my security camera would claim otherwise. Again, Sat count after 3 flights is sufficient after a fly away.
It's entirely possible there is a problem with the GPS module. Are you saying you had 2 flights immediately prior to this flight?

While there are differences with the H Plus, there are also some things in common. The preflight check list for both is important.
This is the one I suggest for the H and most of it applies to the H Plus. The voltages of course, are different.

Preflight Checks are important on the Typhoon H.

Check:
Props are locked
Battery is locked and flush with the H
Battery voltage on the display is 16.3 or higher
Sat count on the H is at least 15, on the ST-16, 7 or more
Switches in the correct position
Open Hardware Monitor and test the sticks
Stand 30' away from the aircraft
Take off full throttle to 15', then test sticks.
Land when the battery voltage reads 14.7

If this is your first flight remove the camera until you can fly it well.

I took off and hovered at around 50 feet till more SATS acquired. Tested controls as normal and then raised to 160ft to hover and confirm everything was good. After having 17 SATS, I began to move as normal noticed I was starting to drift and realized there was a problem right away. Immediately hit RTL and no luck, tried to recover by immediately forcing it to descend and would not respond at all.

It's entirely possible there is a problem with the GPS module. Are you saying you had 2 flights immediately prior to this flight?

I'm sorry Steve. It has been a rough day watching $2k fly away. I flew yesterday after calibration after upgrading to 750. Both flights yesterday were okay but after looking at the log, it shows the drone actually lost control numerous times while being less than 100 feet away from the ground station. This has me extremely concern and I will be uploading the rest of the telemetry from yesterday, tomorrow because I am extremely tired.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Steve. It has been a rough day watching $2k fly away. I flew yesterday after calibration after upgrading to 750. Both flights yesterday were okay but after looking at the log, it shows the drone actually lost control numerous times with the drone while being less than 100 feet away from the ground station. This has me extremely concern and I will be uploading the rest of the telemetry from yesterday, tomorrow because I am extremely tired.
I understand completely. I'm confident Yuneec will cover this problem. Goodnight sir and update us later.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Right about now, I'm kinda happy with the geofence of my Blade Nano QX being the walls of my apartment... o_O

I have one of these and it’s so fun to play with, and for $50, it doesn’t matter, it’s all about the pilot. No gimmicks, no electronics, and no camera to distract. It’s all about the flying. A great starting point for the beginner, and more for the experienced pilot.

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
I have one of these and it’s so fun to play with, and for $50, it doesn’t matter, it’s all about the pilot. No gimmicks, no electronics, and no camera to distract. It’s all about the flying. A great starting point for the beginner, and more for the experienced pilot.

It's what I started out with two years ago... (and on advice from this board), before I purchased my H... flew it around for about six weeks, then got the H. Now that I've sold that AC and while I've been waiting for these initial Plus issues to resolve themselves, I've been bopping the Nano QX off the walls and gaining more manual stick time. Just wish I had a dog to practice strafing runs... ;)

I still have mine. One of the best handling drones with regard to being able to 'feel' the sticks and perceive the smooth response in the drone. However, I started with the larger Blade 320 and realized I couldn't fly a drone; to overconfident. Got the Blade Nano 5 years ago? Then kit built for few years, experimented with some FPV racing and then succumbed to a complete flying camera drone in the H. The standard 480 H is not even in the same ballpark as the Blade Nano regarding precise feel and confidence building. However, the H Plus is pretty dang good in that respect.

I really feel for you @JackMTaco . My best kit build was a Steadidrone 600mm that flew fantastic; probably over $2k with a lot of hours in building. It is sitting in Monterey Bay. I lost it for different reasons, but ended up taking several months off of flying to let my thoughts resolve into the direction I wanted to pursue. Upon that, purchased the 480 H and started more towards photography rather then FPV site-seeing.

Are you serious!!!??? So 30-45 seconds is insufficient time for the drone to acquire 8-10 Sats before takeoff... and to say it lost GPS while having 19 SATS is unacceptable? Sounds like you like to wait to see the 10 second News clip before seeing the 2 mins video that actually shows all of it.

This was the third flight since updating firmware as previously explained in previous post. Again, if you bothered to read.

You should probably read the full post instead of passing judgement to just the title block and making a worthless contribution to the thread.

He is right, but it also depends on your location and at times the numbers of sats acquired, fluctuates.

He is right, but it also depends on your location and at times the numbers of sats acquired, fluctuates.
Certainly, but the messages on the screenshots are without appeal:
CRITICAL NAVIGATON FAILURE CHECK SENSOR
then
MANUAL CONTROL LOST
There was a problem with the GPS chip or on the interpretation of the signals (there are still 18 to 19 satellites on the telemetry after the first connection losses )

A loss of connection between the ST16s and the H +

The 2 failures at the same time may be related, or the consequence of one over the other ...

I hope that this is not an installation of the 750 which is still bad unrolled, since we have encountered (3) BIND problems at startup ....

Last edited:
If/when you find/replace, I highly recommend the Marco Polo. My H does not leave the ground without it. Also, check app "lost my drone"

That changes my search area. I'm gonna jump in my truck here shortly and start looking in that heading. I was off yesterday in my search area because I was using the camera POV until we got the correct telemetry files uploaded.

You're saying during that photo it was at 230ft? I was definitely not going higher so it was going higher on it's own which could help narrow down the search area.

That changes my search area. I'm gonna jump in my truck here shortly and start looking in that heading. I was off yesterday in my search area because I was using the camera POV until we got the correct telemetry files uploaded.

You're saying during that photo it was at 230ft? I was definitely not going higher so it was going higher on it's own which could help narrow down the search area.
The last line of telemetry has it at 71 meters I believe. >edit< Correction, it was at 73.69 meters (241 feet) altitude and moving at 17.6 ms (39.5 mph) with a yaw angle of 115 degrees

again if the telemetry is correct and if I am reading it correct but that does align pretty well to the screen shot and map displays

Last edited:
I checked the new search area with no luck. I honestly need another drone to search for it because of the tall brush in some of the area.

A time line of the event:

Beginning of Telemetry - Boot Up...................12:10:25

43 seconds later - Lift Off................................12:11:07

18 seconds later - Event Begins......................12:11:25

1 Minute, 58 Seconds later - Event Ends........12:13:23

Total Event Time........................2 Minutes 59 Seconds

Hieght.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members