Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My video after refocusing my CGO3...

WOW that's over sharpened. Tons of sharpening artifacts in that video. Look at the tiles on that outbuildings roof and you can see the ghost of the roofline from the over sharpening

Sticks where is the thread? Fly safe

DerStig,

Give it a rest. I watched the video simultaneously on a 4k 15" laptop screen and a 40" 1080 screen and it looked pretty damned good. It's probably not healthy always looking at everything through a microscope or soda straw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malikye and Badala
WOW that's over sharpened. Tons of sharpening artifacts in that video. Look at the tiles on that outbuildings roof and you can see the ghost of the roofline from the over sharpening

You may have your glasses on in reverse or you've taken double your daily prescription medication. :)

I'm guessing you're viewing the video in a smaller image size than what it was rendered (such as watching it in the tiny letterbox on this forum) which will create the artifacts you've mentioned. When watching the video at full screen and at the resolution capabilities of your monitor, everything should look fine.... at least it does on my monitor.

Reactions: Badala
You may have your glasses on in reverse or you've taken double your daily prescription medication. :)

I'm guessing you're viewing the video in a smaller image size than what it was rendered (such as watching it in the tiny letterbox on this forum) which will create the artifacts you've mentioned. When watching the video at full screen and at the resolution capabilities of your monitor, everything should look fine.... at least it does on my monitor.
Hi Captain what do you think about the result I had by refocusing my lens?

DerStig,

Give it a rest. I watched the video simultaneously on a 4k 15" laptop screen and a 40" 1080 screen and it looked pretty damned good. It's probably not healthy always looking at everything through a microscope or soda straw.

I have looked at Badala's video on a Panasonic 4K/1080 42" and Sony Bravia 4K/1080 49" and the pictures look perfectly ok. The lens plane is pretty even compared to some of the H video out there.

LOL, no I'm looking at at resolution (pixel for pixel) and yes its very over sharpened and has tons of sharpening artifacts. I also know what I'm looking for.

The video also suffers from changing white balance which is very noticeable during the ascent in the shot of the building in the field

Hi Captain what do you think about the result I had by refocusing my lens?
It looks fine to my eyes, in focus and clear. The strange thing is that when you filmed the roof of the shed it was nicely in focus, but the items far off in the distance were a touch soft, which could be a good thing because it gives the illusion that you're filming with an aperture that changes (depth of field), when in reality it doesn't.

All these posts from the "experts" seem to be more about what you know or think you know rather than anything beneficial to the masses. Yes we all know the H for "some" users isn't what they/we expected. We are hypercritical but that isn't helping anything. For those of us who aren't satisfied with the IQ we're getting we need to find the best solution be it refocus or swap lenses etc. I appreciate the degree of knowledge some of you have and have learned from it but that hasn't improved anything. The people who take the risk of modding the H and posting their results helps others make a more informed decision and based on those results we can actually see and we can decide if there's an improvement or simply over-sharpening/saturation etc. I've taken great photos that weren't tack sharp and crap photos that were. Yes the Eagles should've take the Ring to Mount Doom but it doesn't make a great story :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my