Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need a diagnose, what cause this on videos?

And what is the solution for it?
This is a repost from @Steve Carr, post #18 of this thread:

C23 Gimbal Fix for Vibration

If you have a C23 camera that buzzes or vibrates this may fix the problem. Download the attached file. Unzip (uncompress) the file. The file name should be gimbal.yuneec Copy the file to a formatted sd card that you normally use in the camera. Install the card in the camera and watch the video...
yuneecpilots.com
yuneecpilots.com

This is a repost from @Steve Carr, post #18 of this thread:

C23 Gimbal Fix for Vibration

If you have a C23 camera that buzzes or vibrates this may fix the problem. Download the attached file. Unzip (uncompress) the file. The file name should be gimbal.yuneec Copy the file to a formatted sd card that you normally use in the camera. Install the card in the camera and watch the video...
yuneecpilots.com
yuneecpilots.com
Thats not solved the problem

Thats not solved the problem
It fixed my problem which displayed the same symptoms yours does. Are you certain you performed the installation correctly? You might want to try it again just to be sure all the steps were in the proper order.

It fixed my problem which displayed the same symptoms yours does. Are you certain you performed the installation correctly? You might want to try it again just to be sure all the steps were in the proper order.
I tried it three times, always done the fix. (File on card always renamed)

If the problem is not caused by dampers, unbalanced propellors or firmware, things get a lot more complicated. The next phase of investigation involves the communication path between the IMU and the gimbal board.
The path includes a short section of wire, some circuits on the camera board, several connectors of different size/type, two flexible conductor ribbons and of course, the IMU and Gimbal boards themselves.
It is at this point many people would begin to seriously consider sending this camera to a certified shop for repair.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If the problem is not caused by dampers, unbalanced propellors or firmware, things get a lot more complicated. The next phase of investigation involves the communication path between the IMU and the gimbal board.
The path includes a short section of wire, some circuits on the camera board, several connectors of different size/type, two flexible conductor ribbons and of course, the IMU and Gimbal boards themselves.
It is at this point many people would begin to seriously consider sending this camera to a certified shop for repair.
Possible that the camera's factory calibration is gond and recalibration solve this problem?

Possible that the camera's factory calibration is gond and recalibration solve this problem?
Lots of possibilities remain. The calibration you mention is one. Defective magnets may be another, as well as defective encoders or the ribbons/connectors associated with those encoders. And then there would come questions about the motors and motor circuits. And probably other problems I have not even seen yet.

The question is whether or not you have the tools, parts, expertise and patience to pursue possibilities beyond those you have already tried.

A fast update again: I bring back to drone, because after repair the 5GHz, so the video transmission was dead. I checked the SD card and the recorded video was perfect, without any waves, so the gimbal calibration worked well.
Also a new things appeared: If I turned the gimbal to right between 100 and 180 degree, the gimbal started to shake and click as a coffee grinder. This is new, because earlier just few a second to this some random points. Now this happen continously in these positions.

Hope they can fix it, because now the drone is unuseable. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
Update: The guys who do the fixing in my county are cool and now seems the german service will send new IMU for me. Honestly the Yuneec and it's partner companies are pleasant experience for me. They try to help, fix and not give it up. Really like this attitude!

Update: The hungarian partner company got the new IMU, they changed it and recalibrated the gimbal, but this not solved the connection problem to the camera. Now the gimbal gone back to Germany to Yuneec.

• Angry
Reactions: Pier2162
Update: I got my Typhoon H Plus and my C23 camera back today. Not tried it out, because today is a really foggy day, I just picked it up and was taken to home.

With my luck, when I arrived home my camera's tilt button was fallen out. I called the service, they confirmed that they are able to order parts. Possible to get these spare parts somewhere for me?

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_142040.jpg
    IMG_20230104_142040.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230104_142053.jpg
    IMG_20230104_142053.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 3
.... I called the service, they confirmed that they are able to order parts. Possible to get these spare parts somewhere for me?
IF you are good with soldering small parts, you can get the switches from places like eBay. The switch itself is a commonly available component.
I am not sure if you meant the service center could (or could not) order the parts. It is less challenging to change out the entire button board if you can get the entire board from the service center.

Note that on the original ST16, the broken switch you have was a common result of a design flaw in the controller case. There is a gap between the switch flange and the inside of the case. When you tighten the collar, you are actually pulling the switch apart because the switch flange is not supported. Given the appearance in your picture, I assume the ST16S has the same gap. You can install spacers to avoid breaking the new switches.

Hey guys! What cause that I can't see actual telemetry on the screen? Everything is 0 while I fly.

Do you mean the telemetry isn't displayed at all or do you mean it is displayed but all the readings are zero?
Can you post a picture of the screen to show us what you are seeing?
Displayed but when I fly, nothing change.

Attachments

• IMG_20230114_142230.jpg
    IMG_20230114_142230.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
It looks like the camera is bound to the controller but not the aircraft.
Turn off the ST16.
Put the gimbal lock on the camera. Turn on the H Plus.
After it boots up, turn the aircraft up side down and see if the motor lights all flash light green.
Turn on the ST16. When it finishes booting up, go to the bind menu and bind the aircraft.
You may have to press the refresh arrows several times before the aircraft is listed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval