Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need a diagnose, what cause this on videos?

Reaction score

From 0:19 the video starts waving, but is this Jello effect? I read threads here about Jello issues, I not use gel filled bumpers, but this waving always appear when I move the drone or just turn the camera.

Thanks your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cecil
Hello.
Actually it is a jello effect.
It could be caused by the position of the sun relative to the camera, by the shadow of the propellers on the lens.
Very likely also that there is one of the propellers unbalanced or damaged. If you have the chance, replace them all with new propellers and try again.
Last cause, but very remote, that there is a radio interference on the 5.8 Ghz frequency of the wifi.

Also wait for other users who can give you more suggestions.

I use a propeller balancer. It is good to check and adjust the props. For old Q500 propellers (the white ones) this was really necessary. For stock Typhoon H propeller I did found problem in only very rare cases. But to check and adjust properller is useful if they had a long and hard life ;-).

Something like that:

br HE

I agree the probable cause is vibration from props. Generally H props are well balanced right out of the box. But I have found some that needed balanced.
I use short pieces of Scotch tape near the center of the prop on the underside. I have tried different balancing jigs but I find a tall water glass with a long shaft to be the most sensitive. In the video below I used a Q500 prop balancer. It fits perfectly inside the H props.

I agree the probable cause is vibration from props. Generally H props are well balanced right out of the box. But I have found some that needed balanced.
I use short pieces of Scotch tape near the center of the prop on the underside. I have tried different balancing jigs but I find a tall water glass with a long shaft to be the most sensitive. In the video below I used a Q500 prop balancer. It fits perfectly inside the H props.

How can I find a long shaft for it what able to lock the prop?

I don't think you can find those rods anymore. You should look for just the shaft that can be suspended between two water glasses.

Hey I recognize that! It looks just like the effect caused by gimbal buzz! A while back, a few (maybe several) of us were experiencing a very bad gimbal vibration after a firmware update. Back before I fixed the gimbal buzz issue I would get video results that looked just like that. That condition is correctible with a fix you can install to the camera. @Steve Carr will remember this and direct you to the fix -if gimbal vibration is the problem -which it sure looks like to me. So If changing the props doesn't work, start listening for a buzz and check the gimbal with your hand for gimbal vibrations.

The gimbal buzz is a preliminary symptom of a bad magnet in the future. The camera should be repaired. Of course, a gimbal kit is a must-have too.

The gimbal buzz is a preliminary symptom of a bad magnet in the future. The camera should be repaired. Of course, a gimbal kit is a must-have too.
Can you tell ne who can fix this? Should I send it to Yuneec Gmbh or somebody else can repair it? And of course how much does it cost? 😔

Hey I recognize that! It looks just like the effect caused by gimbal buzz! A while back, a few (maybe several) of us were experiencing a very bad gimbal vibration after a firmware update. Back before I fixed the gimbal buzz issue I would get video results that looked just like that. That condition is correctible with a fix you can install to the camera. @Steve Carr will remember this and direct you to the fix -if gimbal vibration is the problem -which it sure looks like to me. So If changing the props doesn't work, start listening for a buzz and check the gimbal with your hand for gimbal vibrations.
Where can I find this fix and how can I install it?

Made this video today, seems when the camera looks perfectly horizontal, than do the waving. When I look down, it's disappear.

Reactions: DCH and MaddionMax
Is that filmed in 4K 60fps? Try dropping to 30fps... Fixed it for me.
In my case it seemed related to the angle of the sun. It would happen consistently when I was out one day, and not at all another day (at a different time of day).
But dropping to 30fps I've never seen it again.

Reactions: Pier2162

Made this video today, seems when the camera looks perfectly horizontal, than do the waving. When I look down, it's disappear.
This is is exactly how my Gimbal buzz would act, when I moved the camera down the buzz would go away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold