Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need an Interpreter for the Manual.

If Yuneec had provided a fully detailed users manual from the get-go there shouldn't be a lot of newbie confusion unless the user refuses to RTFM (read the f'n manual). Fortunately, @ogrench is working to fill this void. As a newbie, without the help of people on this forum, correctly setting up the H+ would be very hit-n-miss.
Yuneec, like many Chinese companies, are known for poor documentation. Thankfully members are taking up the cause.

I agree and trust me I am not trying to confuse, just passing along the experience. But as is typical, so much about procedure is missing from the manual and even when we follow each other's procedures we should always do so with caution and have an bypass or escape route before going too deep into the rabbit hole. The download process problem I have I am almost certain are due to a aging router and already aged brain;)
My download went smoothly and asked for the password to the router. You may be right about the age of the router. Mine is only a few months old.

Yeah, I could see our network, choose it, get the Password Prompt, enter and select "OK" then the twirly "thinking" icon then, back to the list. It did this over and over while I had the flight app open.

I agree and trust me I am not trying to confuse, just passing along the experience. But as is typical, so much about procedure is missing from the manual and even when we follow each other's procedures we should always do so with caution and have an bypass or escape route before going too deep into the rabbit hole. The download process problem I have I am almost certain are due to a aging router and already aged brain;)
I do not believe it is your router, I had to do the same thing to check for updates...I'm staying in Iceland at a second home of a guy who used to install networks needless to say his network is not old yet I still had to do that. That being said the compass calibration is not as rigorous as the old method on the H and you do have to rotate the bird but no where near as rapidly. I also did it this way on my home network which is about 1 year old.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Good things happen to good people...I look forward to some some software updates which hopefully will happen soon...you will like it very much I think.

Reactions: rdonson
I do not believe it is your router, I had to do the same thing to check for updates...I'm staying in Iceland at a second home of a guy who used to install networks needless to say his network is not old yet I still had to do that. That being said the compass calibration is not as rigorous as the old method on the H and you do have to rotate the bird but no where near as rapidly. I also did it this way on my home network which is about 1 year old.

I'll take your word for it as I am not into that techy stuff. Also agree that the compass calibration is very easy to accomplish. Staying in Iceland sound like fun, looking forward to some more of your work when you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn