Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need an Interpreter for the Manual.

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The H Plus manual should have had a proofreader.

"In Angle Mode, the TYPHOON H PLUS will automatically activate the IPS or not. When GPS can't be locked, if the flight control activates the IPS, the remote controller will remind that IPS is activated, which indicates the IPS is activated automatically. At the same time, the aircraft can't be switched to Sport Mode, RTL Mode and Task Mode, ONLY remain in Angle Mode even if switching the mode switch."

Reactions: stan55
Looks like perfect Chinglish to me.

Reminds me of the manuals for an onsertion machine (places surface mount components on a circuit board) that was manufactured in China. What a royal pain to work on. The schematics were just as bad.

Ha....cute.
It's looking like another re-writing will be in order if anyone can determine the correct functionality.

Here is a manual I'm working on. It is prelim - as with work and the weather I have not been able to fly to test all the - we'll say stuff yet - I hope this week I can do the Task modes if weather permits. It may clear up some things and generate more - its still a work in progress.
7/4 corrected some things and added more info.
7/7 Add info requested about antennas, adapter ring, and how to connect to Wifi from Android app. (there are other ways but try to keep it simple for people who don't like going to deep into things like that). And about the Camera for Compass Cali.
7/21 updated many things. Waiting for replacement camera (bad encoder) to do the TASK modes.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manual2.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Here is a manual I'm working on. It is prelim - as with work and the weather I have not been able to fly to test all the - we'll say stuff yet - I hope this week I can do the Task modes if weather permits. It may clear up some things and generate more - its still a work in progress.
ogrench - Thank you for the updated manual!!

I am a complete newbie to UAVs. I have been researching this area for the past seven months, finally committed yesterday and purchased the H+ (didn't see the DJI Mavic Pro II future release as altering my choice).

Your updated manual solved my battery charging/balancing/storage question with the statement about using the dual port quick charger (DY5, YUNDY3) - many Thank Yous for this tip alone!!

ogrench,

May I be so bold as to suggest a couple of topics for your updated manual...
  1. mention early in the manual, before power-on of the H+ to remove the camera gimbal plastic retaining clip. I was surprised this was not mentioned in the original manual (fortunately, I remembered :) )
  2. a discussion on when to use the 5 GHz patch antenna and when to use the 'mushroom' antenna.
Thank you again for the updated manual, it has been a huge help for this newbie!

ogrench,

May I be so bold as to suggest a couple of topics for your updated manual...
  1. mention early in the manual, before power-on of the H+ to remove the camera gimbal plastic retaining clip. I was surprised this was not mentioned in the original manual (fortunately, I remembered :) )
  2. a discussion on when to use the 5 GHz patch antenna and when to use the 'mushroom' antenna.
Thank you again for the updated manual, it has been a huge help for this newbie!

Thanks I will add them

Where did the manual go??!

@ogrench and others who are going thru this process, please be advised that in my case for some reason, I could not connect to my wifi from the flight app (thanks to @Barton) I learned you have to exit the flight app, enter the Android UI and turn on and connect there first, then go back to the flight app. Its probably due to our router but there could be others out there in the same boat.

Also, all updates are done and I am going to do calibrations. When I boot up the aircraft with the camera off I cannot get the compass calibration to go past the "Start" Button - tap it and nothing happens. However, boot everything up (camera on) and go into calibration and sure enough it will allow it to begin, so; I take it the compass calibration procedure is to first boot up - camera on the aircraft, enter the compass calibration first (Then) remove the camera and proceed? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Confirmed. Boot up the aircraft with camera on board, enter the compass calibration screen, tap "Start" then remove the camera and proceed to calibrate the compass. When complete, turn off the aircraft, install the camera and reboot.

Last edited:
That is going to be a cause for a lot of confusion for newbies. Yea,this is not a "newbie" platform but there's a lot of people that like to go from zero to 100 without ever driving a car before. There's an "image" thing for some in starting out with the best of anything.

That is going to be a cause for a lot of confusion for newbies. Yea,this is not a "newbie" platform but there's a lot of people that like to go from zero to 100 without ever driving a car before. There's an "image" thing for some in starting out with the best of anything.

Two thoughts here (I hesitate to add these comments for the highly likely 'thread drift' that will occur):
  1. If Yuneec had provided a fully detailed users manual from the get-go there shouldn't be a lot of newbie confusion unless the user refuses to RTFM (read the f'n manual). Fortunately, @ogrench is working to fill this void. As a newbie, without the help of people on this forum, correctly setting up the H+ would be very hit-n-miss.
  2. I'll provide another viewpoint on the 'image' thing. I'm providing this as an alternate viewpoint, I'm not taking personally what @PatR wrote.

As I have stated before, I'm a newbie, and I also qualify for the "starting out with the best of anything" category, not just with drones but with my approach to life. HOWEVER, I'm in this category not for the sake of "image" (I don't care) but because I learned a long time ago that 'climbing the product ladder' to finally reach the desired quality is expensive and very likely to cause enough frustration to halt the continued climb. Starting out where you want to end up is much more efficient and satisfying.

For example, many people try to learn how to play a guitar on a cheap guitar where the strings rip your fingers to shreds. They give up due to the pain and the struggle. If they can afford a good guitar in the beginning, they are probably still playing... Or they try to learn how to windsurf on twenty year old crap equipment ... :)

I chose the H+ because it had the features (360 degree gimbal, for example) and performance I ultimately wanted. Sure, I could have started with a Spark and probably would have ditched it in a couple of weeks. Am I competent enough to fly the H+ now? NO. So I'll take it slowly, put the H+ in 'slow' mode and gradually improve my skills. When I am a competent pilot, I'm right where I want to be, without the climbing struggles...

Of course, @PatR is correct that there are some 'image' seekers, but not everyone fits that profile. Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Edit: Confirmed. Boot up the aircraft with camera on board, enter the compass calibration screen, tap "Start" then remove the camera and proceed to calibrate the compass. When complete, turn off the aircraft, install the camera and reboot.
Thanks for that. I was wondering the same. Just got the replacement about an hour ago.

I agree and trust me I am not trying to confuse, just passing along the experience. But as is typical, so much about procedure is missing from the manual and even when we follow each other's procedures we should always do so with caution and have an bypass or escape route before going too deep into the rabbit hole. The download process problem I have I am almost certain are due to a aging router and already aged brain;)

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yogaschoolinrishikesh