Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need some help on a special project

Reaction score
I want to splice three or four five minute videos for a special project. It needs to be gapless on the video and will have audio embedded along with it. I do have multiple editing programs, but I am completely unfamiliar with video editing. Any help would be appreciated. I know I have just showed my age by using the word "Splice" to put videos together. I worked with film strips for many years.

I have DaVinci Resolve for editing.

I want to splice three or four five minute videos for a special project. It needs to be gapless on the video and will have audio embedded along with it. I do have multiple editing programs, but I am completely unfamiliar with video editing. Any help would be appreciated. I know I have just showed my age by using the word "Splice" to put videos together. I worked with film strips for many years.

there are many computer video programs to do what you want . there are a few free ones also . i use Nero 2016 it works for me .

Davinci Resolve is a very capable piece of software...one of the better ones, and will be well capable of doing what you want. But it isn't an easy program to work with, requiring a steep learning curve. It is also very hungry on computer resources and if your computer isn't up to it, it could render a 'jumpy' video. Have you much experience in using Resolve?

If not, then maybe better to do a practice edit, so to speak, using a less complicated program to get a feel for what you want before turning to Resolve for a final edit?

Reactions: ThunderChicken
The more capable a program is the more complicated it is to operate. One of my big problems with that is not that the computer is limited, but my learning ability these days. My last great successful study was to get my Extra Class Amateur radio license. I'm not sure I can take a task like that on any more.

The more capable a program is the more complicated it is to operate. One of my big problems with that is not that the computer is limited, but my learning ability these days. My last great successful study was to get my Extra Class Amateur radio license. I'm not sure I can take a task like that on any more.
Some years ago, as a mature student, I decided to do a degree in Mathematics and Computing. I finally got my degree in the year 2000. If I were to try and do the same now I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do it...far too many grey cells have given up the ghost, so I know exactly what you are saying:(

Cyberlink PowerDirector 15 would get my vote. It's "KISS" (keep it stupid simple) to use and I'm really happy with the results. It's not free, but if you Google "cyberlink coupon codes", you might find something.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Regardless of what program is used you will ultimately have to practice with the program until you understand the process well enough to accomplish what you want to do. No matter what you're going to have to work at it.

Reactions: Lewis513

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz