Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New CGO3+ Gimbal firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just noticed there's a download link for a new camera/gimbal firmware on the Yuneec download site with release date 1/25/2018. Description: "Improved gimbal tuning"

As I haven't seen any posts about this I just wanted to bring it up.

It's a small update but I guess this means we can rule out support being "dead", huh?

Anyway, I'll wait a bit before testing this update. Hoping to hear about your results!

Downloads Typhoon H

Greetings!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hmmm... I’ll give it a go on one of my birds later today. It could also be getting in front of the new camera as it’s weight is different. That would be encouraging much like the way they upped the camera with the histogram etc... last year(?) and added more camera control to ST.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Let me know, cause if improved, I will want to immediately apply this to the camera I have coming back with the PixAero 6mm. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone tried the CGO3+ Gimbal v1.27 the file has a .yuneec extension and not a .bin
so where does it install from ?

has anyone tried the CGO3+ Gimbal v1.27 the file has a .yuneec extension and not a .bin
so where does it install from ?
Good question, I tried installing it yesterday to no avail...there are no instructions...I assumed it would load like the bin file but it could never be seen when I tried installing it...perhaps it's something which you try and install on ST 16 who knows since no documentation exists or perhaps I should say I could not find any documentation.

I didn't try to update before posting, but I see what you mean. No apparent way to install this update at this moment.

Let's wait a few days and see what they come up with.

Normally you would put it on an sd card and place in the camera. When you power on the H you should see the lights change on the cam when it installs.
However, I'm hearing from others that it is not working.

Edit: Sorry. When I posted this earlier I left out an important work now in red.

Last edited:
I put it in the camera and with the ST 16 chose Gimbal update like all the other times, I will now try your method...Thanks

ah? odd, as it is the recommendation on the firmware download page. It won't update by OTA neither...?

No luck trying OTA update, since the aircraft gets updated all together, after a quick check it displays the message that latest version is installed

Normally you would put it on an sd card and place in the camera. When you power on the H you should see the lights change on the cam when it installs.
However, I'm hearing from others that it is working.
I put it on an SD card I power on the H both with and without SD 16 and nothing happens...I also tried firmware instructions for updating those did not work either...You're hearing from others that it works? Well please inform the "others" to tell us how they loaded it. Thanks...I think I've exhausted possibilities...perhaps someone at Yuneec could also pass on some details for loading procedure.

That video was published on Oct 31, 2016.

The firmware it talks about is far from the latest. I have the latest firmware already installed with the exception of the new GIMBAL firmware. No idea how to proceed from here.

Tried installing it via GUI, said succes but when reboot and check on ST16 still say Gimbal V1.25

That video was published on Oct 31, 2016.

The firmware it talks about is far from the latest.

The video is supposed to show how 'firmware' is installed. One, and even Yuneec, would not think the method of installing firmware changes. Maybe that is the reason Yuneec put this movie on their webpage (quote) Watch the Firmware Update Video for assistance and instruction on how to update your Typhoon H firmware. (end of quote).

Let's hope Steve or one of his friends that succeeded will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval