Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to Typhoon H

Reaction score
New to Typhoon H and drones, so yes this is my first drone. Was looking for a drone and this was an incredible deal on a lightly (pretty much not at all) used one, and didn't feel like playing with toys first.

So everything seemed to work exploring it at home, ST16 OK, camera and drone connect, motors start/stop and can control camera. Wizard worked, too. Have not been able to try outdoors yet, live in a large no-fly zone and won't have a chance to find a spot to fly until the weekend. So decided I should update all the software/firmware, downloaded all the latest from Yuneec. Did so, seemed to go OK, but now things don't work right. Can't start/stop motors with the ST16 anymore and it has trouble connecting with the drone (but not the camera). I can start/stop the motors with the Wizard. Have re-installed everything, no change. Looked at getting help from Yuneec, especially since they are near to me, but have had no response to my email, and it looks like you have to make an appointment to call. Therefore, though I'd look for help here. Just started exploring the forum. I'm located in Southern California.

Edit: Went into Hardware Monitor on ST16, B1, the start/stop button isn't working. Guess I'm taking it apart........

Rick

Last edited:
New to Typhoon H and drones, so yes this is my first drone. Was looking for a drone and this was an incredible deal on a lightly (pretty much not at all) used one, and didn't feel like playing with toys first.

So everything seemed to work exploring it at home, ST16 OK, camera and drone connect, motors start/stop and can control camera. Wizard worked, too. Have not been able to try outdoors yet, live in a large no-fly zone and won't have a chance to find a spot to fly until the weekend. So decided I should update all the software/firmware, downloaded all the latest from Yuneec. Did so, seemed to go OK, but now things don't work right. Can't start/stop motors with the ST16 anymore and it has trouble connecting with the drone (but not the camera). I can start/stop the motors with the Wizard. Have re-installed everything, no change. Looked at getting help from Yuneec, especially since they are near to me, but have had no response to my email, and it looks like you have to make an appointment to call. Therefore, though I'd look for help here. Just started exploring the forum. I'm located in Southern California.

Rick
@Ric B Rebind the ST16 to the drone. Make sure the wizard is off. You might also want to do a reset on the ST16 to the default settings prior to rebinding. Stick around as there are lots of knowledgeable people in the forum that will help you get going. Good choice on the H!

Reactions: Thecloth
Checked the switch operation in the Hardware Monitor and it wasn't working. Took the ST16 apart, checked wiring and reset the connector to the control board, it's working again! Hoping to try flying later today.

Reactions: WTFDproject
So decided I should update all the software/firmware, downloaded all the latest from Yuneec. Did so, seemed to go OK, but now things don't work right.

Ouch. Since you have already done it, it's too late to warn you. As you become more familiar with exploring the Forum, one of the things that will begin to stand out is all the misery and heartache that has been caused by doing updates. Updates can sometimes clear problems. Sometimes provide features that don't already exist. But they can also lead to regret when things don't go right. Many have opted to the philosophy of only doing an update if they have a recognized problem and know in advance that the update was designed to alleviate that particular problem. It will always be a matter of personal preference. I personally do not do updates on new aircraft unless I know what it does, and know I need whatever it does.
It sounds like you resolved the Start/Stop problem. You also mentioned having trouble connecting with the drone after the update. Were you also able to resolve that issue?

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I believe everything is OK now. Last time I powered up, camera and drone connected right away. The start/stop button was stuck in the on position, I suspect that led to some of the weird behavior.

About to go out a try my first flight, if I can find a spot that's open and flat and no one around. Looking at airmap and Google maps. Unfortunately I live by a small airport used mostly for sail planes and sky divers. I see a lot of videos with people flying in what appears to be school athletic fields, is this generally OK?

Update: No flying today :( Very high winds in the area. Try again tomorrow.

Update: No flying today :( Very high winds in the area. Try again tomorrow.
As you get to know your H you will soon appreciate how well it can fly in stronger winds...usually far better than it's 4 prop cousins. I can fly my H is winds far stronger than my P2V+ can ever hope to contend with.

Flying is stronger winds, though, may necessitate you having to learn the art of hand catching safely.

As you get to know your H you will soon appreciate how well it can fly in stronger winds...usually far better than it's 4 prop cousins. I can fly my H is winds far stronger than my P2V+ can ever hope to contend with.

Flying is stronger winds, though, may necessitate you having to learn the art of hand catching safely.
Last winter had a lot of snow on the hills and trees, very windy 25 mph, the copter performed well, albeit on a slant to compensate for the wind, but rain with a thaw was coming next day, so had to get on with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy